BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs Tottenham Hotspur preview

A decent performance but we've lost the match. Thought Spursc were a tad complacent but feel they still had something in reserve. Adebayor was sensational with his close control - Roberts, were you watching ?

Plus points Nzonzi & Peders in midfiled and Hoilett who is always a threat and in the main our only threat.

If anyone can rationalise Roberts' inclusion then they are a genius.

Under Kean, 16 home games in PL and 17 points. Whether you look at his 30 match PL reign or his 9 match reign this season, his record stinks.

Our club is dying and for the club to play music after the match in order to try and drown out the protesters was an absolute disgrace, IMV - a huge slap in the face for supporters who are now, IMV, treated with contempt.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean said: “To be honest I think if we just got a point today we would have been disappointed.

"I think when we play with the form we’ve worked on all week, Tottenham definitely felt the pressure.”

“I think with the amount of chances we had today we have to give ourselves a pat on the back.

On the fans’ protests, he said: “I don’t know if it’s a large section of the fans behind this.

"But to be honest I really don’t pay much attention to them. ******* yes he really did say this

Can someone please ring radio rovers. We are still in the BBE and still no mention of the protest. Also like the way the club played loud music to drown us out just after full time!!!!

Dirty low trick !!!!

Awful to see the club do this,not necessary.About 1,000 stayed behind but where were the rest of you?....I think the majority just wandered off home dejected.

Awful to see the club do this,not necessary.About 1,000 stayed behind but where were the rest of you?....I think the majority just wandered off home dejected.

It's called apathy, and a society that now says not my problem, someone else will do that for me!!

The players clearly back kean.

I dont see venkys sacking kean untill that changes. Would you turn on "one of the lads"??

From the outside it seams venkys have built up a friend relationship instead of a business one and our finding it difficult to pull the trigger, very very foolish. Isnt that numer 3 in the ten must nots in business 101????

I can tell you for a 100% fact that most of the senior first team squad can't stand Kean.

And as for somebody a few pages back asking how we got to this stage: too many people sitting on their hands and trying to provide a balanced opinion when Kean's incompetence was all too clear last season, never mind this season.

The player effort was there today but same old,same old.....I really dont know where we go from here with you know who in charge.We really do need a fresh start,new ideas from the touchline,new impetus,new direction.

Another miserable weekend and I'm at my wits end here!

P.S.

To the people who sit near me in the BBE Lower and who called the Stewards to remove some blokes who were shouting Kean out I say shame on you..WHAT THE HELL HAS BECOME OF OUR SUPPORT?

A bloke near me was going mad at the end, asking what was wrong with the performance.

He is right, it was a good performance, sadly I had to correct him with all that matters is how many points you get.

We could play like Barca every week, but if we lose then it isnt good enough,

Listening to Kean made me sick, tghe mirk on his face says it all.

Mr Kean it is not a minority that want you out, its the MAJORITY. The fans support the TEAM they DONT support YOU.

Resign you thick skinned jockenese pillock. You dont have a plan B and you have no clue how to win a Premier League match.

20% win ratio and 27 points out of 90 shows what your capable of, absolute RELEGATION. You took a top 10 team and have destroyed it from within. How is that progression you muppet ?

KEAN OUT

I urge you all to email phunt@rovers.co.uk to demand his sacking.

• Backroom

I actually think if we'd tried to get Ancelotti before the season began (depending on the true depth of resources the owners have) we may have stood an outside chance of getting him.

Now? No chance.

Thought the very same thing myself. There are a number of good managers out of work at the moment and if the owners are as ambitious as they say they are, then it shouldn't be too hard to convince them, other than our league position.

As for Kean's comments after the game. It doesn't surprise me in the least.

If we hadn't sacked a manager who was getting results, we wouldn't be at this point.

Some wont like it, but that's the bottom line.

Sam needed to go. The football was crap and increasingly ineffectual. The problem is that he was replaced by a rank amateur.

Sam needed to go. The football was crap and increasingly ineffectual. The problem is that he was replaced by a rank amateur.

No he didn't and no it wasn't, a win at Bolton would have taken us to 6th place in the table.

I'm sick of talking about him before I get pelters, but to STILL be reading such posts after the farce of this last year really gets up my nose.

I have not seem any of the game yet, but the saf fact is that even if you play well. if you lose you home games ans cannot win at home its down you go.

We need points not well we played well but lost

No he didn't and no it wasn't, a win at Bolton would have taken us to 6th place in the table.

I'm sick of talking about him before I get pelters, but to STILL be reading such posts after the farce of this last year really gets up my nose.

Totally agree, the money from Jones transfer should and probably would have been better spent with a manager of note, although its irrelevant now really, this is reality, 27 games, a possible 90 points we have what probably 20 out of all that, with a win ratio of 20%, Kean now officially the worst manager not only in Rovers History but the premier league, Venkys smell the bloody coffee please.

I assume you're talking about the Bolton game that we threw away?

You can't be serious in saying that the stuff that Sam was churning out at the end was anything other than absolute garbage. There was no interest in possession, no emphasis on actually passing the ball and positively no creativity or goal-scoring threat. It was horrendous, low percentage, kick and rush football. Grim.

Such tactics worked to save us from relegation and solidify our position following the Ince debacle. By the time he went however, it just wasn't working anymore. I don't see why this is such a contentious position. Under serious owners with an actual plan, Allardyce would have been replaced by a proper manager with the requisite experience not this clown we're stuck with now. I want Kean gone yesterday but you won't find me pining for Allardyce.

I assume you're talking about the Bolton game that we threw away?

You can't be serious in saying that the stuff that Sam was churning out was anything other than absolute garbage. There was no interest in possession, no emphasis on actually passing the ball and positively no creativity. It was horrendous, low-percentage kick and rush football. Grim.

His tactics worked to save us from relegation and solidify our position following the Ince debacle. By the time he went, it just wasn't working anymore. I don't see why this is such a contentious position. Under serious owners with an actual plan, Allardyce would have been replaced by a proper manager with the requisite experience not this clown we're stuck with now. I want Kean gone yesterday but you won't find me pining for Allardyce.

But it was working, his last home game was a 3-0 win, his last away game a close fought game which we were unlucky to lose- a game in which WE played all the football.

I came off the Reebok that day thinking 'bit of money spent in January and we could be looking at the top 8'. Instead we have watched the club implode.

Shocking, shocking decision.

Archived