BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Just skim read alot of these posts and looked on twitter,

Come on folks pick yourself up of the ground, You are the one thing that without there is no club...... Supporters are the customer, and the first signs of defeat is seeing towels thrown in the ring.

Well persistance beats resistance, and I don't believe in no or can't, I don't give two hoots what is pouring out the Venkys or Andersons trap, because:

1. Rule 1 We are Blackburn Rovers

2. We aint going anywhere without a fight

3. When the going gets tough, we stick together and dreams can happen.

4. We have all got fight in us, and yes we are all depressed with the circus our club has become in the last 12 months, but hey, by accepting it, we let them win.

5. There must only ever be one winner here and that should be Rule 1

Take a time out , gather up all your strength and believe, Supporters are still the most powerful entity at Blackburn Rovers

Ok, so what specifically can we do?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they have turned this down it's difficult to see how they could show their faces at Ewood Park again.

So eventually they would want out and guess what there wouldn't be any credible buyers about to get any money back.

Do any of this lot ever employ any logical thinking?

Or does the odious cockney spiv do their thinking for them? :angry:

Haven't been getting excited about this because I knew they wouldn't sell.

It's quite amusing, though. A big part of their decision to not sell is to save face, yet I imagine many people in the business world are going to realise they are utter idiots for not accepting the Qatari bid for the club.

I was trying not to get my hopes up either, but knowing what's at stake it has left me gutted anyway. Venky's can't keep running the club the way we have or they will run it into the ground.

Haven't been getting excited about this because I knew they wouldn't sell.

It's quite amusing, though. A big part of their decision to not sell is to save face, yet I imagine many people in the business world are going to realise they are utter idiots for not accepting the Qatari bid for the club.

Same here, I assumed the bid would be big enough to secure a decent profit for the Rao's, but the club is so dysfuctional, with so many vested interests it was never going to happen.

Absolutely infrurating.

Just skim read alot of these posts and looked on twitter,

Come on folks pick yourself up of the ground, You are the one thing that without there is no club...... Supporters are the customer, and the first signs of defeat is seeing towels thrown in the ring.

Well persistance beats resistance, and I don't believe in no or can't, I don't give two hoots what is pouring out the Venkys or Andersons trap, because:

1. Rule 1 We are Blackburn Rovers

2. We aint going anywhere without a fight

3. When the going gets tough, we stick together and dreams can happen.

4. We have all got fight in us, and yes we are all depressed with the circus our club has become in the last 12 months, but hey, by accepting it, we let them win.

5. There must only ever be one winner here and that should be Rule 1

Take a time out , gather up all your strength and believe, Supporters are still the most powerful entity at Blackburn Rovers

Glen, I've +1 your post because I do agree with it. However, if Venkys have indeed rejected a seemingly very fair bid from someone who is able to allow Venkys to 'escape' and invest in the club in a way Venkys themselves cannot and will not, then I struggle to see a way out of this mess. Unless I am missing something Venkys are not going to go anywhere unless and until they are forced out (possibly due to the emergence of information hinted at elsewhere). I'm usually fairly positive but right now things feel very bleak at our Rovers and I think I will need to re-read your post another time. For now I can't see much to encourage any further 'fight' on these issues.

I'm not sure I've ever had hope & excitement raised then extinguished quite so quickly as over the last 24 hours!!

Anyone know what Barclays have to say about all this?

If the mortgage were to be called in early, would Venkys not be under even more pressure to sell as their own money would be at risk then? The decision to secure the mortagage against all future income would leave Venkys in a position whereby there would be no profit they could actually make as all future income would go towards paying off this mortgage.

Just a thought.

I'm guessing he's Indian, with close ties to the nuggets.

He also didn't like me describing Mrs Desai as a vile old hag.

Out of order Bryan. Stupid vile old stubborn brainless hag is possibly more appropriate.

So we're well and truly keaned then. Unless the PL step in and force their stupid hands.

I can't believe it.

I suggest you never set foot inside Ewood again Anderson. Venkys you've already made it clear you have no intention of showing your faces again. As for Kean?

Anyone know what Barclays have to say about all this?

If the mortgage were to be called in early, would Venkys not be under even more pressure to sell as their own money would be at risk then? The decision to secure the mortagage against all future income would leave Venkys in a position whereby there would be no profit they could actually make as all future income would go towards paying off this mortgage.

Just a thought.

Barclays made a secured loan - they are laughing all the way to the bank.

we could do with a few logical reasons from the ITK's, as they must have, as to why they would turn down a Huge offer,there must be something!!

We have already been told what the reason is. A certain agent has persuaded the owners not to sell. That is it in a nut shell. Good point somebody raised about barcleys.

Pity the board / staff at ewood would not go on strike refusing to work for venkys.

What knowledge that is known must now be revealed - there is now no other choice.

Not everybody is going to hear the podcast. So I suggest a flyer is made of the podcast and handed out to people - outside of the ground, informing people about the offer from qatar and venkys responce to it. We have to remember only a small percentage of rovers supporters come onto this site. Therefore those who do not need to be made aware of what has and is going on. A BRFC.com publication.

Desai, refuse toi call the old hag Mrs, will regret this big time, along with Anderson, they will be banned from football forever and soon, maybe even Kean as well, IN MY OPINION, THEY ARE FRAUDSTERS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER, They have made their country a laughing stock along with our once proud football club, may they all rot in hell!!

Have heard something from an aquaintance tonight, he has heard this from four different sources, I dont know how correct this is but it is alleged that one of the brothers has been a very naughty boy, it seems the press know about it but for some reason are unable to report it, however, I am told it will be plastered all over facebook and twitter in the next week or two from an outside source and the S*** will hit the fan!!

I'd actually smile if bad fortune was to befall these verminous scum. It proof that there is no God that justice will not put people like Anderson in the gutter whilst many decent hard working people have been shattered by the banks and the rich. Yes it is melodramatic language, but when the pigs at the top walk away without punishment in so many walks of life, it wears down your rationality.

Archived