BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doha here I come

And WSR before that, "I've been to the game today Ste...."

"umm, well why's your IP address in West Sussex then and the game only finished 30 minutes ago??"

On that note, BKR's IP address has been the same all the way through his travels. Obviously he may be posting from a mobile which I would guess could explain that.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great example of people believing what they want to believe when there is a mountain of evidence to the contrary right in front of their face.

He is a fantasist.

Wouldn't want to take pictures at an airport? I've been in the Dubai business class lounge and there were plenty of people with cameras that's for sure.

From this Qatar tourism site you can read: Photography is not permitted near military sites, government facilities, the airport or the Emiri Diwan.

Why is it so important to you that people don't believe BKR?

Can't really see the mountain of evidence either, apart from this picture..

• Backroom

Let's wait and see what he says.

If he puts his boarding card up I guess that does it.

Why would someone create such a fantasy for themselves?

Ask Rovers_786

From this Qatar tourism site you can read: Photography is not permitted near military sites, government facilities, the airport or the Emiri Diwan.

Why is it so important to you that people don't believe BKR?

Can't really see the mountain of evidence either, apart from this picture..

Near the airport is not the same as in the airport.

How do you think the photo was taken in the first place?

"umm, well why's your IP address in West Sussex then and the game only finished 30 minutes ago??"

On that note, BKR's IP address has been the same all the way through his travels. Obviously he may be posting from a mobile which I would guess could explain that.

Cropping a photo on a mobile is quite a bit of effort considering there is no point in doing it.

"I'm booking a flight to Qatar to speak with some very rich people to ask them to buy a football club that they were rumoured but not proven to have been interested in. I met them and they made me sign an NDA at which point I went on a messageboard and twitter and told people I had been told not to talk about it"

Alarm bells should have been ringing to be fair

Near the airport is not the same as in the airport.

How do you think the photo was taken in the first place?

Cropping a photo on a mobile is quite a bit of effort considering there is no point in doing it.

"I'm booking a flight to Qatar to speak with some very rich people to ask them to buy a football club that they were rumoured but not proven to have been interested in. I met them and they made me sign an NDA at which point I went on a messageboard and twitter and told people I had been told not to talk about it"

Alarm bells should have been ringing to be fair

Thing is...why care one way or the other? There's nothing we can do about it.

Either some Qatari people buy the club, which I doubt, or they don't.

It does sound too insane to just make up, but if he did I hope he has his "fun". There are enough loonies on Twitter making stuff up all the time, not being anywhere near as creative as this.

I don't think it would, would it? Surely the IP one sees from mobiles is the whatever the nearest exchange it's connected to isn't it?

I do think this really is a storm in a tea cup.

1) I never said I took that picture, I have no clue if you can take pictures outside the lounge. I have certainly seen people take photo's inside various lounges and I also know you can't take pictures in many areas in many airports and these areas tend to change depending which airport you are in.

2) My IP addresses are 99% of the time UK based (and 1 of 5 different IP's I use) as I have to have a fixed IP address for the kind of work that I do. In fact I can't even check my work email if I am not on the VPN. No web access and yes I do have a VPN on my phone. Not my idea of making things easy but its required for the type of work I do.

All I have ever tried to do is get club out of Venkys control. With the master class of the Venkys Sky Sports interview shown today, everyone should have set alarm bells ringing very loudly. Our current owners have no idea what they are doing. Wolves who went down along with us have already replaced their manager and will be planning for the transfer window opening. Bolton are obviously going to stick with Owen and again will be planing for life in the Championship. :wacko: Who knows what Venkys are up to. :wacko:

Cheers

BKR

PS: Maybe I should have communicated more frequently before I signed this blasted NDA. As it was only after I visited Doha for the first time that I found out about another set of Rovers fans who were also trying something similar and who were certainly better placed than me to pass information about Rovers the Club and our current owners that I was. All I can say in my defense is this type of thing is not my day job so I am learning as I go along.

Those bloody NDAs. I'd love to tell you how I feel about them but can't for obvious reasons.

No boarding pass picture though.

Funny that.

On my previous trip I posted my boarding pass on twitter but that was before the NDA was signed.

If you think I am talking out of my ass that is of course up to you. But I honestly fail to see what I could possible gain by making this up. I have never claimed to be a ITK. Wayne Wild is doing his bit by setting up BRIST and Glen is doing his thing with BRAG, I am also trying to my bit in the only way I know how.

Cheers

BKR

On my previous trip I posted my boarding pass on twitter but that was before the NDA was signed.

If you think I am talking out of my ass that is of course up to you. But I honestly fail to see what I could possible gain by making this up. I have never claimed to be a ITK. Wayne Wild is doing his bit by setting up BRIST and Glen is doing his thing with BRAG, I am also trying to my bit in the only way I know how.

Cheers

BKR

Just post your boarding pass...

Until then you are lying as far as I'm concerned. Belief without proof is called blind faith and as a proud atheist I'm not a fan of that...

Cheers

BKR

Why would an NDA prohibit you from sharing a picture of your ticket onto a flight?!!

Archived