BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next season, should Kean be in charge will you renew your season ticket or not?!

Hughesy

261 members have voted

1. 1. Next season, should Kean be in charge will you renew your season ticket or not?!

• Yes, regardless of manager or league
    • Yes but only if we are still in the premier league
    • Undecided
    • No, not if that #### is still in charge
    • I haven?t got one, and wouldn?t renew if I had
    • I haven?t got one, but would renew if I did, as the manager won?t stop me supporting my team

:angry2::brfc::angry:

Following angry reactions on social media sites and other message boards with fans outraged at Kean 'reportedly' signing a new, improved and extended contract, a simple question.

Next season, should Kean be in charge will you renew your season ticket or not?!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few seasons after switching to the Jack Walker stand I have finally got the perfect seat and am not happy about giving it up, but in answer to your question no bloody way will I give another penny to the owners while that man is manager. Hate is a strong word but I have now been goaded to it. :angry:

Living in Bangkok I no longer have a season ticket. Usually I fly back twice a season for a couple of games each trip and always pay to watch from the JW with friends that I pay for. With flights, hotels, tickets, Rovers Shop etc its not cheap. I won't be rushing to do that again.

But I'll always have my memories of what we used to be.

The results on here might wake a few in Pune up!

At the moment there's just anger Hughesy. In a week or two the poll results might be different, then again.....

Still if the aim is to frighten the Raos, to any normal owner this certainly would. We don't have normal owners though.

What an utter disaster this takeover is turning out to be. I couldn't have imagined how bad it could be.

We will be at Ewood Park as long as the club is playing football ......... provided we haven't gone bust we will support the club.

We will NEVER support the Rao family, any Venkys employee or the current manager. We could win the PL and I wouldn't support these people.

We will NOT be driven out of Ewood by a bunch of third rate business people.

I thought nothing would ever keep me away from Ewood Park, generations of my family have been Rovers fanatics, I have hardly missed a game in 20 years. Relegations, good times and bad, all part of being a fan.

But the thought of that conniving disgrace of a man lording it on the touchline with that s*** eating grin at a deserted Ewood makes my heart sink, hundreds of pounds to witness that?

I'm just at a loss.

I have always had a season ticket next to my old man but this season my dads mate has probably used it more than me, I have to work a lot of Saturday's and even when I dont work sometimes I find it hard to motivate myself to go.

I will not go again this season or renew next year until certain things are sorted, I will not give any of my hard earned money to a club that does not support the supporters and I will not pay for Keans new contract.

I can never stop supporting the team I love but if the owners want to be stubborn buggers so can I.

I honestly don't know Hughsey. I'm absolutely disgusted by what's happening but it'd be a wrench not to go.

You've previously said you'd buy a 10 year season ticket if they had one.

Would you buy one now, if it was offered on sale tomorrow, and at the same price as Everton, say, with Venkys insisting they will never sell?

I honestly don't know Hughsey. I'm absolutely disgusted by what's happening but it'd be a wrench not to go.

I am the same, I cannot imagine getting up on a Saturday with the Rovers at home and not heading down to Ewood. But going down on a matchday in the eyes of Kean, Venkys et al is akin to giving them my backing.

If I had been offered a ten year season ticket just 18 month ago I would have been 99% certain of getting one, offer me one today and the answer would definitely be no. It really does get you down just looking back over the past 12 month and seeing what OUR club has become.

The worse thing about it all, is seeing the Rovers unravelling before my very eyes and personally feeling powerless to do anything. Yes there are the protests, I can stop going etc but Venkys, it seems, are that far removed from reality that I can't see them actually responding in a pro-active way to the supporters concerns and opening up honest dialogue which the lack thereof, is the crux of many supporters concerns. I am at a loss at what to do. If people are to be believed the owners had a small dose of the truth at Wigan and what happens, they scarper with tail between legs and when will we see them next? Not for some time if past form is anything to go by. Desperate, desperate times!

I will buy a season ticket come what may. I am no different than a heroin addict. My drug comes in blue and white halves.

Does that mean I am exploitable, for sure. I got my team at birth and I've had season tickets for going on 40 years now so I will be going to Ewood as long as I physically can.

Not 'dissing' anyone who will renew - maybe they are more 'blue & white' than I am but no, never, not as long kean is manager. Put it this way, if kean is still here and we stay up, I definitely won't renew but if he is fired and we still go down then yes, I will probably will renew.

I just can't take any more of that mocking grin and BS, etc. After my family, Rovers are my biggest love and passion but sometimes you just have to let go of the things you love for the best. At the Chelsea game, I just couldn't bear watching and stayed down on the concourse in the 2nd half getting rat-assed.

Rovers will always be my team but I'm not going to be made a mug of anymore by the Club and the flunkys (had enough of that this season already).

Suspect there are thousands who feel the same and would be very surprised next season if ST sales top 10,000. A mass stay-away will be the most telling protest of all but of course, everyone loses out and the attendances will probably be back to the pre-Walker era. It will be absolutely tragic but the fault lies squarely with flunkys and kean - they can't expect anything else when they have declared war on the fans (with an opinion).

This is a decision I could never have imagined having to make. I've been going to Ewood for over 40 years, I have had the same seat in the Riverside since the stand was built. I've never ever considered giving up a season ticket because of relegation. My philosophy was always that my club needed my support more than ever before in such circumstances. I went out of my way to find excuses for buying stuff from the club shop on the basis that every pound I contributed helped my club compete with the big boys.

Today, the heart & soul of Blackburn Rovers FC no longer resides at Ewood Park - it is to be found in each & every fan who looks on incredulous at what is going on but is suffering, impotent seemingly to do anything which might be able to alter our course.

My money is not going to Venky's to pay Kean's wages. Right now, daft as it seems I would rather we were a League 2 side owned by the supporter's trust than the plaything of a foreign owner....even Qatari ones.

I want my Rovers back, I'm resigned to a long wait but in the meantime Venky's are getting nothing more from me.

I leave you with the words of Keith Burkinshaw in reference to the plc that now ran Tottenham Hotspur - "There used to be a football club there" - I feel the same about Rovers.

I've never understood the whole "They won't hound me out of my club" argument. What does that actually mean, when you think about it? It's basically saying that you're happy to have your hard-earned money and loyalty ###### up the wall by Venky's, that's what it says. You can't separate the club from the owners. They're the ones deciding every ball kicked in anger. So when you're lining up to pay for that shiny new season ticket in The Chumpionship, you have Venky's to thank for that.

I appreciate a lot of people have been following Rovers through thick and thin for many a year, but even you know this travesty is something unprecedented in the club's history. Turning your back on the club isn't a sign of treachery, that's Venky's & Kean's speciality. It's a matter of principle.

I voted not if that #### is still in charge but the reality is I didn't renew this season for that very reason. Ive said all along if that clown goes I'll be down the ticket office the very next day.

However the way those #### owners are handling things, I don't think I'd bother even if they fired him after how they've run the club in the past 12 months.

Bottom line is whilst they're in charge, it's not the club I know and love.

Absolutely not!

That's 33 years and my father for 30 years before that, up in smoke.

It's VERY, VERY sad and I always thought there was nothing that could take away my feelings for Rovers but, in less than a year, Venky's have done it.

Relegation has never stopped me, my first away trip was aged 10 at Mansfield where the view wasn't great as my head was under pitch level - still, I didn't miss Duncan McKenzie's overhead kick winner.

I would have followed Rovers however far down they went. But I refuse to be humiliated and I cannot stand the thought of the owners getting my money because they rely on blind loyalty. They can't be deliberately relegating Blackburn Rovers can they? It wouldn't make sense... but ALL the evidence says they are!

They have a lot of explaining to do from the first moment they set foot in the place until now and until they start showing they are here for the right reasons I am withdrawing support and funding, and with me goes 5 other tickets.

Certainly, the Steve Kean issue is a clincher at the moment. I feel physically ill when I see his picture or hear one of his interviews, I genuinely can't stand the man. Whether it's his smug little grin or the fact that every word he utters turns out to be a lie, I'm not sure. But I AM SURE that his continued presence represents Venky's inability to run our club. (Well it's not my club any more)

You've previously said you'd buy a 10 year season ticket if they had one.

Would you buy one now, if it was offered on sale tomorrow

Simple - yes!

It's gutting to see the fans so annoyed and split because of a terrible manager, but they are still my team no matter what. I just hold a glimmer of hope that it's just a temporary (massive) bump in the road.

Archived