BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

Unless there is a full scale riot I don't think Venkys will give a toss. They will be sat in Pune with other fish to fry. We need to get people to Pune and that will cost serious dosh.

Im sure if a few supporters wanted to fly over on a mission - alot of people on here would sponsor the trip with money - myself included!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh ohhhh our 'leader' glen had told us what to do or we aren't true fans.

Glen, this is something of a pathetic post but there may be something that you can take form it.

By the way EVERYTHING you have done to date has my support. Without you we would be sinking without a trace - the pussy fans we have would not even have said "please don't do that" during Barry White sodomy - and you MUST continue. But maybe it would be better not to instruct people but request action. You will probably think that is what you are doing but the forces of evil will twist things to suggest you are becominmg like Stalin (thought that was the fans forum myself!).

Good luck and carry on mate!

Im sure if a few supporters wanted to fly over on a mission - alot of people on here would sponsor the trip with money - myself included!

I would also contribute. I really believe this or an advert in the Indian press are the only forms of action which may have an impact,(apart from serious disorder and I dont want to see people get hurt or arrested).

For nearly 3 months a hardcore group of supporters have fought to stop us getting into the position we are in now, We have been ridiculed, called a minority, told are efforts are in vein, been accused of being an embarrassment and many other accusattions have been thrown our way.

Today we sit bottom of the league, and still I see supporters on different social network sites making excuses.

If you really care about our club, you will but personal opinion to one side and fight for it, This takes every single supporter from every single stand, to satnd up and ,make a stand for this club. If you do not then frankly you do not deserve a Premiership team.

I appreciate many wanted to give the manager more time and wanted to see how things panned out, but that 3 months have hanging about has put us in a position were relegation now looks guranteed.

Stop the squabbling, get off the fence and show some balls, come the swansea match of you don't stand as one then shame on you. There will be lots of supporters standing up for our club and those supporters need your help, The longer you remain quiet the deeper the clubs troubles become

The choice is yours

I think you have done a great job but can I just ask a question, what do you see the protests acomplishing? If you managed to get the whole of Ewood against Kean and Venky's what do you think would happen?

I cant see the protests acomplishing anything because of a few reasons.

The club wont sell because they have had a bumper offer and refused it.

They wont sack Kean because they have just give him a new contract.

The press dont care either way whether we get relegated or not.

They are based in India and dont seem to care about any unrest here in Blackburn.

The FA wont investigate but the club appears to them as being watertight.

Dont get me worng im not knocking what you do and you have done it very well, Im simply wondering what you see as a possible outcome of every fan uniting against Venky's.

talking of a boycott, it won't happen. I like many disillusioned fans still like to watch a game of football, I have watched many hundreds of Rovers games and like to see teams at Ewood (Swansea being one I haven't seen). It's easy for some to say boycott when they don't attend regularly.

I am for the protest, I've chanted “kean out” (1st manager I have been against) and did protest after the city game, other games I had previous arrangements.

As much as passion dictates, if I enter the pitch and get arrested, I lose my job! Fact.

I know nobody that supports him (contrary to his beliefs). We now have to chant throughout the game, if the players believe it effects them then it should encourage them to perform harder for the fans and not the manager!

Uh ohhhh our 'leader' glen had told us what to do or we aren't true fans.

What is wrong with you? The simple fact is the club is screwed and surely it is time to act (it has been for months).

Glen and all the protestors are doing what they feel they have to to try and save the club.

If your happy to watch the club dissapear then that is your choice but don't start attacking the people trying to save the club.

Now go sit our your hands and cheer on the bald idiot.

There has to be constant chanting at all remaining home games this season regardless of the result.

Kean clearly thinks nothing of the club and the fans. I have never in my life hated anyone so much he is ruining everything that so many worked so hard to build.

• Backroom

For nearly 3 months a hardcore group of supporters have fought to stop us getting into the position we are in now, We have been ridiculed, called a minority, told are efforts are in vein, been accused of being an embarrassment and many other accusattions have been thrown our way.

Today we sit bottom of the league, and still I see supporters on different social network sites making excuses.

If you really care about our club, you will but personal opinion to one side and fight for it, This takes every single supporter from every single stand, to satnd up and ,make a stand for this club. If you do not then frankly you do not deserve a Premiership team.

I appreciate many wanted to give the manager more time and wanted to see how things panned out, but that 3 months have hanging about has put us in a position were relegation now looks guranteed.

Stop the squabbling, get off the fence and show some balls, come the swansea match of you don't stand as one then shame on you. There will be lots of supporters standing up for our club and those supporters need your help, The longer you remain quiet the deeper the clubs troubles become

The choice is yours

Whilst some of this rings true and I feel a lot of anger needs to come out come Swansea I have to say I find some of it a bit unfair.

What if people just think protesting achieves nothing? Shame on them? They don't deserve a Premier League team because they don't approach things the way people want them to?

I chanted for Ince out and I chant for Kean Out but some just don't see it as the right way to do things, I think it's a poor show if people are criticised for that view.

I cant see the protests acomplishing anything because of a few reasons.

The club wont sell because they have had a bumper offer and refused it.

Continued protests could start to make them feel uncomfortable and review their rejection of the Qatari offer.

In my opinion protesting is a much better option than doing nothing.

The club is crumbling before our eyes and the vast majority are so apathetic, it's untrue.

I admire Glen and co for what they are doing however what will it achieve?

Are the owners going to sell up? NO.

Are the owners going to sack the manager? NO.

Will the protests effect the owners into action? NO they will simply stay away from games.

That being said is it not better to to back the players by cheering them all the way as opposed to the booing and negativity that it is creating? I am merely offering an alternative viewpoint and expect to get roundly minuses and shouted at but it's a shame that fans are turning on one another but I honestly cannot see what we can do, any glimmer of hope would be gladly taken on by myself by the ITK's.

Do nothing and the status quo will continue.

We have gone bottom of the league during a run of our 'winnable' games.

Our record this season shows us to be effing ###### and we have become the laughing stock of the PL and beyond.

BRFC needs overhauling from top to bottom, starting with the owners.

If we don't protest we will deserve what we get - that will be hurtling down through the divisions, never to return to the top table.

We all have a choice. I know what mine will be.

Its time we had a bonfire and burned an effigy of Kean. Make it a fundraiser for a local charity and the W@nkys would be hard pressed to try to stop it. The press would turn up to see it especially if it was done in a Christmas pantomime type way with much booing as the effigy of Kean is carried out and so on.

Glen, this is something of a pathetic post but there may be something that you can take form it.

By the way EVERYTHING you have done to date has my support. Without you we would be sinking without a trace - the pussy fans we have would not even have said "please don't do that" during Barry White sodomy - and you MUST continue. But maybe it would be better not to instruct people but request action. You will probably think that is what you are doing but the forces of evil will twist things to suggest you are becominmg like Stalin (thought that was the fans forum myself!).

Good luck and carry on mate!

Pussy fan? N01, back row,seat 12. Happy to discuss next game, gobby.

I cannot understand people continually hammering the protesters, yes you may not agree with it, but they have a right to protest and you should respect that right.

Our support is full of middle class prawn sandwich eating silent types, we need people with working class values that are concerned with bringing about change, the protesters give us hope, keep up the good work.

:tu:

I admire Glen and co for what they are doing however what will it achieve?

Are the owners going to sell up? NO.

Are the owners going to sack the manager? NO.

Will the protests effect the owners into action? NO they will simply stay away from games.

That being said is it not better to to back the players by cheering them all the way as opposed to the booing and negativity that it is creating? I am merely offering an alternative viewpoint and expect to get roundly minuses and shouted at but it's a shame that fans are turning on one another but I honestly cannot see what we can do, any glimmer of hope would be gladly taken on by myself by the ITK's.

I, like many others can't see what good the protests are currently doing, but I do know that not to protest about what is going on at Rovers is to be part of the majority Kean cites as supporting him. He doesn't need you shouting Steve Kean's blue and white army, or cheering him when he appears on the touchline - he just needs you not to protest. Therefore whether it is something you would naturally do or not you really have to force yourself to step out of your comfort zone and do something to show that you are not taking the destruction of the club lying down.

I spoke to another middle aged woman I hadn't seen for years at the Wigan game. She said that someone had asked her why she wanted to be at the protests as they didn't think it was like her at all. She said " I couldn't join in with the chanting as some of it was obscene, but I just had to be there, to show that I too am not one of the 99% Kean says support him."

Kean is so twisted that he will take any lessening of protests as a sign he is winning. Therefore I and many others like me, will not give him the satisfaction of including me in what he says is a majority who support him.

I suspect there are many like me that don't take kindly to people like Glen telling them that if they don't do what they say then they don't deserve a premiership club - despite all the evidence suggesting that the protests have achieved absolutely nothing, and may have even contributed to the pig-headedness of the idiots that run this club now. I'll register my own dislike of the current situation, manager and owners in my own way thank you very much.

I suspect there are many like me that don't take kindly to people like Glen telling them that if they don't do what they say then they don't deserve a premiership club - despite all the evidence suggesting that the protests have achieved absolutely nothing, and may have even contributed to the pig-headedness of the idiots that run this club now. I'll register my own dislike of the current situation, manager and owners in my own way thank you very much.

I didn't say you had to join protest marches or whatever Glen organises - for various reasons I haven't marched myself, but I have sent emails as well as joining the protests after the match. By all means protest in your own way, but keep on protesting because we need to show it really is a majority who can't wait to see the back of him.

I didn't say you had to join protest marches or whatever Glen organises - for various reasons I haven't marched myself, but I have sent emails as well as joining the protests after the match. By all means protest in your own way, but keep on protesting because we need to show it really is a majority who can't wait to see the back of him.

Just to say my reply wasn't to you - just in general reply to this thread. All should follow their own conscience and not be told they are any less of a fan whatever they choose - that's my point.

Nail on the bloody head, my thoughts exactly

Archived