BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

Why not consider a statement on the lines of:

"the strength of fans feelings against the Venkys and Kean are so great that we cannot guarantee safety at a next organised protest.

We therefore ask fans to protest before, during and after in their own individual (non violent) way, we expect that many fans will make their way to the Directors entrance in the Jack Walker Stand after the game"?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A gloves off approach will decrease the support from a lot of the fans who are already involved.

It will give a voice to the lunatic fringes, play into Kean's hand as a minority group and give him even more sympathy.

The next protest has to get at least 50% of Ewood Park visibly involved or forget about it.

I know this is a long shot but would a protest over in Pune not be the next big step? I'm sure we collectively could send a group over and protest right outside their houses or even main offices over there? Just an idea.

I am more than prepared to do this, we would great publicity whether they meet us or not, we cannot lose.

Even prepared to fund myself as long as I can get a week in at Goa.

I am more than prepared to do this, we would great publicity whether they meet us or not, we cannot lose.

Even prepared to fund myself as long as I can get a week in at Goa.

I just checked my lottery for last night..............1 number. Gutted. If I had of won I would have paid for every single person who wanted to make the trip. Ill be buying more this weekend in hope that I win and I can do something about it!!!

As stated above, the gloves are off now. The owners and manager are at war with Rovers supporters and Kean's contract extension is nothing more than another two-fingered salute to fans who love this club and have supported it through thick and thin for decades.

Most fans have accepted we are likely to be relegated but if we are going down we should take the owners and manager with us. The time has come for a mass protest at the next home match in the form of a pitch sit-in. This could either be before the match to stop it taking place or a pitch invasion during the match to get the match abandoned.

The worldwide publicity should cause Venky's huge embarrassment and hopefully will damage their brand and their business and it might, just might, finally convince them that they should sell up and get out. A sit-in would also undoubtedly cause harm to Rovers and may even result in a points deduction but to be honest with this lot in charge we shouldn't care. The damage has already been done and it doesn't feel like it's our club any more....

I know this is a long shot but would a protest over in Pune not be the next big step? I'm sure we collectively could send a group over and protest right outside their houses or even main offices over there? Just an idea.

They could say that it's just a "minority" again though. Probably would. Or at least twist it to say "five crazy rovers fans have travelled" or such like and say they have now allayed their fears and are "getting it sorted out".

Veknky's London Limited own the club. Maybe a protest could take place there? This is their UK HQ, in the heart of the City, lot of press possibilities, hi focus.

Venky's London Ltd

7 Devonshire Square

Liverpool Street

London

EC2M 4YH

BEST-CHICKEN-COOP-EVER.jpg

Venkys Prestigious London HQ

(sorry fellas - I'm not laughing much either)

Guest Rovers4Good

Sod a gloves off protest i'm staying away and the more people that do it the more these idiots running our club will sit up and listen.

Sod a gloves off protest i'm staying away and the more people that do it the more these idiots running our club will sit up and listen.

Turning it up rather than staying away would be much more effective IMO. They were spooked on Saturday and it needs to keep going like that. Turning on one or two of the traitors in the squad (Dunn, Roberts) is also fair game. We are alomost certainly going down but if we can force them out in the next two games there is still a chance. Staying away is not the way to force them out over the next two games.

I think the 3 for £20 games coming up will see a lot of part-time (l hate using that word) supporters. I know of people that haven't been this season that are taking up the offer. This could make boycotting in numbers difficult.

The protests need all of us to be in the ground (home and away) and to be extremely vocal. This needs to start at Stoke and especially when the weasel is coming out and going back in past the fans.

I will be turning up early for the Swansea game to have a "quiet" word with Kean outside the players entrance. Thats if he's not smuggled in the back door.

If a pitch invasion is going to be the way forward then we MUST set this up secretly. A secure website needs to be set up and can only be accessed with a username and password that can only be supplied by one trusted person. There is no point planning anything like that on here or any other forum as the police, rovers and any Tom, D!ck and Harry can log on and gather intelligence

Guest Rovers4Good

I'm staying away sorry as the hatred i feel for Kean and Venkys is all a little too much and seeing that man so smug and arrogant then who knows what would happen. :(

I'm staying away sorry as the hatred i feel for Kean and Venkys is all a little too much and seeing that man so smug and arrogant then who knows what would happen. :(

Don't apologise R4G, l was going to stay away too but l decided l need to go on Ewood to vent my anger.

Guest Rovers4Good

Don't apologise R4G, l was going to stay away too but l decided l need to go on Ewood to vent my anger.

Cheers buddy, the way things are going with the owners then i seriously think things could get out of hand because this club is being run by amateurs and the worst part about it is that they are not listening to the supporters which is football suicide in my eyes and they are taking us to the second tear. :(

The police blocked off the way from the BBE to the players/directors entrance after the last home game.

I have a feeling the club will see that this continues for the foreseeable future.

Maybe we should ... EDIT by admin.. Maybe you shouldnt suggest that.

They could say that it's just a "minority" again though. Probably would. Or at least twist it to say "five crazy rovers fans have travelled" or such like and say they have now allayed their fears and are "getting it sorted out".

Veknky's London Limited own the club. Maybe a protest could take place there? This is their UK HQ, in the heart of the City, lot of press possibilities, hi focus.

Venky's London Ltd

7 Devonshire Square

Liverpool Street

London

EC2M 4YH

BEST-CHICKEN-COOP-EVER.jpg

Venkys Prestigious London HQ

(sorry fellas - I'm not laughing much either)

I think that address is just a solictors where their papers are lodged. I dont think they actually have an office in London.

Simon has spoken to a supplier

Below is £7.00 + p&p or you can pick it from the shop in Accrington. All T-shirts can be ordered and paid for online at the following website www.giftprint.co.uk I will email him the link to the picture below. However it may be worth just emailing yourself as well.

The other T-Shirt is being put in to the same format as the one above and again will be emailed to the shop and posted on this group. The cost of the T-Shirt will be £8.00 + p&p this is due to it being double sided.

"Venky's Out and take kean with you" on the front

"We support the Players" on the back.

As stated above this will be posted as a proper link later.

All T-shirst must be yellow with Black writing.

Any issues let me know. We are still looking for a sponsor as I have a deal agreed to order several hundred for a £2.00 reduction on each style of T-shirt.

T-shirts from here -www.giftprint.co.uk just send copy of png file and pay online! State yellow t-shirt black lettering

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd463/perthblue02/100.png

We want as many people possible getting these to produce a sea of yellow.

We are also planning a concourse protest in all area's of the ground during the game, More details of this will be made available nearer the time against Swansea.

This type of protest will cause the biggest issues on the day, I'm in full agreement with Preston Blue that before, during and after and in any form someone wishes to protest is the way forward. Waiting until after the game only is no longer an option as these are easily brushed aside. If people are protesting in the stands in the concourse and just about everywhere this will have the biggest impact.

As stated above, the gloves are off now. The owners and manager are at war with Rovers supporters and Kean's contract extension is nothing more than another two-fingered salute to fans who love this club and have supported it through thick and thin for decades.

Most fans have accepted we are likely to be relegated but if we are going down we should take the owners and manager with us. The time has come for a mass protest at the next home match in the form of a pitch sit-in. This could either be before the match to stop it taking place or a pitch invasion during the match to get the match abandoned.

The worldwide publicity should cause Venky's huge embarrassment and hopefully will damage their brand and their business and it might, just might, finally convince them that they should sell up and get out. A sit-in would also undoubtedly cause harm to Rovers and may even result in a points deduction but to be honest with this lot in charge we shouldn't care. The damage has already been done and it doesn't feel like it's our club any more....

Who's in touch with the qatari's? Philip/Kamy tell em to bide their time and keep their hands on their ha'pennies cos the asking price for BRFC could gonna get so much cheaper before long. ;)

Before and after the game have proved ineffective. It has to be during the game for anyone to take any notice. Results couldn't be much worse so there is no need to worry about upsetting the players.

Archived