BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Bruce

Stuart

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical. They'll have a new manager just in time to face us.

Matty, I'm still not convinced about conspiracies about Kean being some evil caricature. I just think he's a chancer taking advantage of disinterested owners and saying anything he can to put a positive spin on things and save his skin.

Typical. They'll have a new manager just in time to face us.

Matty, I'm still not convinced about conspiracies about Kean being some evil caricature. I just think he's a chancer taking advantage of disinterested owners and saying anything he can to put a positive spin on things and save his skin.

True. I wonder who will be in the running for the job? Hughes and O'Neill are the first two premier league standard managers that come to mind that are out of work although is O'Neill wanting a job or is he going down the pundit route?

If we pretend that steve kean was sacked and you were a manager looking to choose between Sunderland and Blackburn who would people go for? Sunderland surely due to normal board + investment.

True. I wonder who will be in the running for the job? Hughes and O'Neill are the first two premier league standard managers that come to mind that are out of work although is O'Neill wanting a job or is he going down the pundit route?

If we pretend that steve kean was sacked and you were a manager looking to choose between Sunderland and Blackburn who would people go for? Sunderland surely due to normal board + investment.

Sunderland have finished above Blackburn only once in PL history. And that was under Kean's watch.

We are/were a much better side than them.

Sadly between Venkys and Short, it'd be Short every day of the week. Strange how Sunderland have fallen since Quinn left.

They should not have allowed Darren Bent to leave... that seems to be a big part of their problems. I don't know whose fault that was.

Its always been Bruces problem as a manager. Player kicks up a fuss and gets to leave no matter how vital they are. Savage, Gyan, Bent and many others have engineered moves away from his teams despite being top dog at the time. Gyan for example has gone on loan, so they didnt even get funds to replace him! Bruce has said he wont play for team again, which devalues him next summer too.

Most other managers would say no to them until they had an adequate replacement in place.

• Backroom

I like Bruce as a person, seems like a decent sort. Not sure if he's a very effective manager though. He has form going back to when he managed Huddersfield of having teams which randomly lose form and spending a lot of money with little success. Not sure he's what we need here.

Archived