BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trivia

Here are a few questions for you:

1. What was the significance of Andy Cole's goal in 2002-03 against West Ham during the Christmas programme?

2. Who was the loan player that endeared himself to Rovers fans by scoring in the 1977 Boxing Day fixture at Burnley?

3. Who did Rovers play in the last-ever Christmas Day fixture at Ewood Park in 1959?

4. Which England International scored his only goal on Boxing Dat 1995?

5. Which Rovers manager lost his job at Christmas 25 years ago?

6. What was the score when West Hame partly avenged their 8-2 Boxing Day defeat to Rovers in 1963 by winning at Ewood Park 2 days later?

7. Which Scottish winger enjoyed a happy Hogmanay after bagging a Christmas week Hat-Trick in 1957?

8. Second division Rovers grabbed the pre-Christmas headlines a few decades ago when they lured which Barcelona star to Ewood?

9. Who scored the winning goal for Rovers on Christmas Day and later became their manager in 1951?

10. Which team did Rovers beat at Ewood on successive Boxing Days in 1984 and 1985?

Good luck.xmas.gif

Here are a few questions for you:

1. What was the significance of Andy Cole's goal in 2002-03 against West Ham during the Christmas programme?

150th league goal

2. Who was the loan player that endeared himself to Rovers fans by scoring in the 1977 Boxing Day fixture at Burnley?

3. Who did Rovers play in the last-ever Christmas Day fixture at Ewood Park in 1959?

4. Which England International scored his only goal on Boxing Dat 1995?

David batty

5. Which Rovers manager lost his job at Christmas 25 years ago?

Bobby saxton

6. What was the score when West Hame partly avenged their 8-2 Boxing Day defeat to Rovers in 1963 by winning at Ewood Park 2 days later?

7. Which Scottish winger enjoyed a happy Hogmanay after bagging a Christmas week Hat-Trick in 1957?

8. Second division Rovers grabbed the pre-Christmas headlines a few decades ago when they lured which Barcelona star to Ewood?

Steve Archibald

9. Who scored the winning goal for Rovers on Christmas Day and later became their manager in 1951?

10. Which team did Rovers beat at Ewood on successive Boxing Days in 1984 and 1985?

Good luck.xmas.gif

Just for you Kelbo thumbs-up.gif

1. Apart form David Bentley, who is the only other Rovers player to have scored a hat trick against Man United since the war?

2. Who were the 4th team involved in the 1992 second division play-offs when Rovers beat Derby County and Leicester City to reach the new PL?

3. Which member of the television series The Comedians, played league football against Rovers?

4. How many of Alan Shearer's 112 PL goals for Rovers were scored from the penalty spot?

5. In which year was Sunday football played at Ewood Park for the first time?

6. Who scored for Rovers in 5 successive FA Cup meetings during the 1979-80 3rd Division promotion campaign?

7. Which of these true Rovers legends won the most England Caps?

a. Ronnie Clayton

b. Bob Crompton

c. Bryan Douglas

8. When Rovers scored a century of Second Division goals in 1954-55, what was their final total in that season?

9. Which Rovers defender was sold for a then club record fee of £357,000 in February 1979?

Good Luck.

OK - not of the same standard as BnW Rover but here goes off the top of my head. Some easy / some hard. It’s all dependent on whether you know the answers or not. :blink:

1. Who scored our first ever Premier League goal?

2. Name the three clubs who knocked us out of the play offs three years in succession in the ‘80’s?

3. Who scored our first goal in the first leg of the Play Offs against Derby County?

4. Who scored the last goal in the Premier League before we were last relegated and against whom?

5. Chris Price first signed for Rovers from which club?

6. Rovers played a League of Ireland team twice in succession pre season under Souness. Name the team.

7. Tricky one. Name the two German clubs Rovers played away pre season in 2001

8. Name the club that Jack Walker was a Patron of in Jersey

9. Since around 1988 – name seven players who previously played for Manchester United and went on to join Rovers (there might be more – bonus points in your head if there are!)

10. For years Simon Barker was our record outgoing transfer. How much and to whom?

I've a feeling someone will get all of those no problem.

EDIT: Damn!! He's done more now!! and I don't know any of them!

OK - not of the same standard as BnW Rover but here goes off the top of my head. Some easy / some hard. It’s all dependent on whether you know the answers or not. :blink:

1. Who scored our first ever Premier League goal?

ripley

2. Name the three clubs who knocked us out of the play offs three years in succession in the ‘80’s?

chelsea, palace and swindon

3. Who scored our first goal in the first leg of the Play Offs against Derby County?

sellars?

4. Who scored the last goal in the Premier League before we were last relegated and against whom?

Wilcox at Newcastle

5. Chris Price first signed for Rovers from which club?

hereford

6. Rovers played a League of Ireland team twice in succession pre season under Souness. Name the team.

Shamrock rovers

7. Tricky one. Name the two German clubs Rovers played away pre season in 2001

Hoffenheim?

8. Name the club that Jack Walker was a Patron of in Jersey

9. Since around 1988 – name seven players who previously played for Manchester United and went on to join Rovers (there might be more – bonus points in your head if there are!)

danny simpson, andy cole, dwight yorke, mama diouf, john curtis

10. For years Simon Barker was our record outgoing transfer. How much and to whom?

400K to QPR

I've a feeling someone will get all of those no problem.

EDIT: Damn!! He's done more now!! and I don't know any of them!

Number 8. First Tower United

Which Blackburn Rovers Fan played against First Tower in the under 14s, under 16s and under 18s league in Jersey (and if I am not mistaken lost to them every single time, because I am, and the team I played for is actually a bit rubbish!)

ME! :rover:

Just for you Kelbo thumbs-up.gif

1. Apart form David Bentley, who is the only other Rovers player to have scored a hat trick against Man United since the war?

2. Who were the 4th team involved in the 1992 second division play-offs when Rovers beat Derby County and Leicester City to reach the new PL?

3. Which member of the television series The Comedians, played league football against Rovers?

4. How many of Alan Shearer's 112 PL goals for Rovers were scored from the penalty spot?

5. In which year was Sunday football played at Ewood Park for the first time?

6. Who scored for Rovers in 5 successive FA Cup meetings during the 1979-80 3rd Division promotion campaign?

7. Which of these true Rovers legends won the most England Caps?

a. Ronnie Clayton

b. Bob Crompton

c. Bryan Douglas

8. When Rovers scored a century of Second Division goals in 1954-55, what was their final total in that season?

9. Which Rovers defender was sold for a then club record fee of £357,000 in February 1979?

Good Luck.

3, Charlie Williams

7, Ronnie Clayton

9, think Kevin Hird and as a mate he'll kill me if I get this wrong but could have been John Bailey

Ex Utd players:-

Mick Duxbery

Russell Beardsmore

Kevin Moran

Keith Gillespie

Mark Hughes

Robbie Savage (not sure if he played for MU)

Cambridge were the 4th play off team.

Sunday football, probably 1982 against (maybe) Cardiff?

Cup Scorer - Andy Crawford

Most Caps - Bob Crompton

And Frank Stapleton

Ex Utd players:-

Mick Duxbery

Russell Beardsmore

Kevin Moran

Keith Gillespie

Mark Hughes

Robbie Savage (not sure if he played for MU)

Cambridge were the 4th play off team.

Sunday football, probably 1982 against (maybe) Cardiff?

Cup Scorer - Andy Crawford

Most Caps - Bob Crompton

And Frank Stapleton

Andy Cole, John Curtis, Dwight Yorke and Henning Berg.

I think Ripley scored the first goal in the Premier League for us (if not him it was Shearer)

Also, I reckon Chris Price came from Hereford Utd. but I could be badly wrong :blush:

Think you've got mine all covered guys, there was certainly more than 7 united players, and you more than covered the ones I thought of. Does any other team come close in that respect?

Preseason Ireland. Bray Wanderers.

Precseason Germany 2001. Crailsheim, when Grabbi made his debut and underwhelmed, and VFC Plauen, in the Eastern part of Germany. I went to both games. Even then I had to look the names up. Nice place Germany.

Archived