BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he have a better haircut too? Get a grip! You're clutching at straws there.

I'm talking about fitness and the lack of which was too apparent last season and a general theme which was mentioned by many people. Hoilett looked overweight last season and drifted in and out of games and went missing too often. He won't get away with that under a proper manager who will make sure he does his share of the work.

If a professional footballer can't keep in shape at 21 that is their fault and their fault alone.

If they're the only ones then yea.....if he is one of many then the fault obviously lies elsewhere.....I don't know who you're fooling Braddock, we know people can have more than one account.......or is that you Steve? Spend less time on here and more time on learning about tactics and gameplan you utter clown.

If they're the only ones then yea.....if he is one of many then the fault obviously lies elsewhere.....I don't know who you're fooling Braddock, we know people can have more than one account.......or is that you Steve? Spend less time on here and more time on learning about tactics and gameplan you utter clown.

You need some help man. I've posted about 10 times in the past 6 months and somehow I'm living rent free in your head. Spacious digs.

• 3 weeks later...

Must be getting close to Hoiletts fee being sorted:

Found this on the FL web site.

http://www.football-...3633_2125731#65

65.1 In determining the Compensation Fee under Regulation 64.5 the Professional Football Compensation Committee shall take into account the costs set out in Regulations 65.2 and 65.3 and any of the criteria set out in Regulation 65.4.

65.2 Any cost incurred by either Club in operating an Academy including (without limitation) the cost of providing for students:

65.2.1 living accommodation;

65.2.2 training and playing facilities;

65.2.3 scouting, coaching, administrative and other staff;

65.2.4 education and welfare requirements;

65.2.5 playing and training strip and other clothing;

65.2.6 medical and first aid facilities; and

65.2.7 friendly and competitive matches and overseas tours.

65.3 Any other costs incurred by the Transferor Club directly attributable to the training and development of Players including any Transfer Fee or Compensation Fee referred to in Regulation 65.4.3.

65.4 The criteria are:

65.4.1 the status of the two Clubs involved;

65.4.2 the age of the Player;

65.4.3 the amount of any Transfer Fee or Compensation Fee paid by the Transferor Club upon acquiring the registration of the Player;

65.4.4 the length of time during which the Transferor Club held the registration of the Player;

65.4.5 the terms of the new contract offered to the Player by both Clubs;

65.4.6 the Player's playing record in Club and international team appearances; and

65.4.7 substantiated interest shown by other Clubs in acquiring the services of the Player.

The post made as much sense as.....well the rest of your posts I suppose.

I think he means that he resents you calling him Braddock or Steve Kean posting in an account of a different name.

Just because someone doesn't share your view, that doesn't mean he's Steven Kean (or someone in the messageboard that you hate) in disguise.

I think he means that he resents you calling him Braddock or Steve Kean posting in an account of a different name.

Just because someone doesn't share your view, that doesn't mean he's Steven Kean (or someone in the messageboard that you hate) in disguise.

It's just I think anyone who thinks that fans played a part in our relegation is a wum, troll or spy/plant or whatever.

I think we'll be helped by the efforts we went to in getting him over here. He had to go on loan in Germany on two occasions as we were still fighting for his work permit.

He was also one of the first names on the team sheet last season which also has to go in our favour.

Shame really, could have set the Championship on fire this season and got himself a better move in 12 months time, it does show the grass isn't always greener, but then again can anyone blame him for wanting to get away from Kean?

One thng is for sure, young Greedybags Hoilett hasnt exactly set the world on fire at QPR has he ? An unused sub and a bit peice player so far, I personally think it says it alla bout his attitude, its not greener on the other side young Hoilett !

Might be a Hughes tactic to influence the situation and get him on the cheap. I rem Bentley was bog average until we negoatiated his release from Arsenal, next game he scored a hat trick v Man Utd and from then on his performances moved up at least two gears. If it's possible in our situation maybe we should take a leaf out of Arsenals book and negotiate a large sell on clause.

Might do no harm to mention we were stiffed by a tribunal over Shay Givens value many years ago. :angry2:

• 3 weeks later...

Blackburn Rovers are pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached with Queens Park Rangers in respect of compensation for David ‘Junior’ Hoilett.

The initial fee is £3million, which could rise to £4million dependent upon Hoilett playing a defined number of games for the West London club.

Furthermore, should the Canadian forward be sold by QPR, Rovers will be entitled to receive a percentage of any fee received by Rangers over and above what they have paid to Rovers.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/hoilett-compensation-fee-agreed-394232.aspx

I guess it depends how much the sell on fee was. If its 10% it's a poor deal if its 40-50% it's not so bad. Remember Hughes has gone for big sell on's before with us.

Also does this £3m now give us the funds to get rid of Kean and bring in a new management team??

I guess it depends how much the sell on fee was. If its 10% it's a poor deal if its 40-50% it's not so bad. Remember Hughes has gone for big sell on's before with us.

Also does this £3m now give us the funds to get rid of Kean and bring in a new management team??

Those are my thoughts.

I hope this is the case. It does seem strange that Venkys haven't held on to try and get the most they can for Hoilett and gone for a quick settlement instead. The one thing Venkys have done in the past is that they've been quite stubborn with transfers in some cases. Perhaps theres still hope that they wanted this money asap in order to dispose of Kean.

Archived