BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

Back page of the Telegraph says that Hoilett is willing to stay as long as he sees the club moving in the right direction!!!

BYE JUNIOR :lol:

I think Junior & dad thought there would be a mad scramble for his services.

So far, only Bolton have emerged.

IMO, don't be conned, this is merely face-saving stuff as if they didn't know about Kean & Venky's after 12 months then they never will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it's just his way of sitting out his contract to get his pick of big money.

Then in the summer either relegation or lack of signings will be used as excuse

To be honest if he stays, knuckles down, and plays well for a good contract with another club at the end of the saeson that could work very well in our favour. If he can perform like he did Feb-Oct this year then he is a better than any signing we are likely to make.

I think Junior & dad thought there would be a mad scramble for his services.

So far, only Bolton have emerged.

IMO, don't be conned, this is merely face-saving stuff as if they didn't know about Kean & Venky's after 12 months then they never will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It possibly is - but it does put pressure on the owners to come good on their promises. In a very visible way - puts them on the spot.

I must say that given the circumstances of the club I wouldn't want to sign either. Does anybody really trust Venky's? This article might be true or it could be saving face as some of you say but at the moment I am going to judge Venky's and Kean over Hoilett.

Have to agree that they have probably been surprised that there has yet to be any serious interest from a 'big' club. It gives a chance to keep him, but now would be the time to put that offer back in and see if he cracks.

But surely if Hoilett goes, no one comes in??? I dont WANT to see him gone, but if we can get anything around £7/8m for him then we stand a chance of bringing in players for areas that really need strengthening.

Dont compare Hoilett to Bentley. Bentley left a decent squad under a decent manager (or was Ince around when he left??). Hoilett has every right to be hesitant at signing a new deal at Rovers. We're heading for relegation under terrible owners and a clueless manager. I'd judge him more for signing a contract if anything.

Bentley left under Ince, remember the stories about the push ups for laughing training?

I think Bentley would have left even if Hughes had stayed, but good players generally don't like committing to teams with crap managers.

You got me on ignore, LeC?

I don't think Bentley would have left under Hughes, and I'm not convinced Jones would have left (when he did) under Allardyce.

bentley did leave under mark hughes :glare:

well to be more presise the deal was going through before hughes went to city in june 2008

bentley signed for spurs july 2009,he had already told hughes he wanted to leave but hughes could

not persued him that his future was at ewood.so it was nothing to do with ince.

On the topic, hopefully the lack of offers from big clubs for Junior this window will see him take a reality check. He could be a brilliant player, and has displayed flashes of brilliance, but it may be that his ego has grown too quickly. He has done himself no favours by putting in many mediocre and lacklustre performances this season which has now seen his stock plummet. I reckon you could shave what he was worth last summer in half.

This may be a good thing, because in order to bring his stock back up for the summer, he may be encouraged to put in some big efforts over the next few months.

if i can notice this following point as a fan then a savy manager (at the kind of clubs junior wants to go to) certainly will.

Junior is talented and still young so has a lot to offer BUT hes very injury prone. Every time me and my mates go to Ewood we are happy to see him on in the starting line up but we all know hel go off holding his hamstring in the 60th minute. Then be out for next few games.

He will be a great bit of business on a free transfer in the summer but a good team doesnt need to spend 6 - 8 million on him now hence the only offer that actually has come to light is from Bolton where he would be worth that to them now.

Basically in the summer I can see clubs as big as liverpool and spurs taking him, maybe even arsenal or united?

smallest clubs being the likes of everton, villa and newcastle.

but right now for the 8 million we apparently want i can only see the likes of maybe QPR, bolton etc which hopefully shouldnt interest him.

one option where we get the money we want, junior is happy and he doesnt join a rival - junior goes abroad?

hes played in Germany before and lived away from home since he was 13 so i think hes open minded enough to go to France, Holland or Italy etc

Basically I dont think its the end of the world selling him, much prefer that than lose Samba!!

if i can notice this following point as a fan then a savy manager (at the kind of clubs junior wants to go to) certainly will.

Junior is talented and still young so has a lot to offer BUT hes very injury prone. Every time me and my mates go to Ewood we are happy to see him on in the starting line up but we all know hel go off holding his hamstring in the 60th minute. Then be out for next few games.

He will be a great bit of business on a free transfer in the summer but a good team doesnt need to spend 6 - 8 million on him now hence the only offer that actually has come to light is from Bolton where he would be worth that to them now.

Basically in the summer I can see clubs as big as liverpool and spurs taking him, maybe even arsenal or united?

smallest clubs being the likes of everton, villa and newcastle.

but right now for the 8 million we apparently want i can only see the likes of maybe QPR, bolton etc which hopefully shouldnt interest him.

one option where we get the money we want, junior is happy and he doesnt join a rival - junior goes abroad?

hes played in Germany before and lived away from home since he was 13 so i think hes open minded enough to go to France, Holland or Italy etc

Basically I dont think its the end of the world selling him, much prefer that than lose Samba!!

So you point out all of the reasons for a club not to buy him but then say that you'd not worry if he's sold.

You don't work in marketing, do you? :unsure:;)

If Hoilett does leave, here is a perfect good solution for us...

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain wants loan transfer

We'll never get anyone decent to come on a permanent basis (and we probably won't have the money). A loan deal like that could give us the boost that the likes of Wilshere and Sturridge have given Bolton in the past, and Cleverley at Wigan last season.

Some direct quotes from Hoiletts father/ agent

Sounds to me like he has already been approached by one or two interested parties. Says he is aware of who those clubs might be, but at this stage that is confidential! <_<

Interesting. Sounds like Hoilett Snr doesn't mind if Junior stays till the end of the season. Could be good for us, clearly still our most dangerous player, we need him to stay up. With the compensation arrangements we might not make that much less than if we sold him now.

Can any stattos dig up a list of young players who have moved on a Bosman and the fees assigned by the panel in compo? Would give us a frame of reference...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a few months ago weren't the rules on compo changed to allow far less? I definitely saw something on the mirror site about it, but not sure if it went through or if it applies to prem clubs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a few months ago weren't the rules on compo changed to allow far less? I definitely saw something on the mirror site about it, but not sure if it went through or if it applies to prem clubs.

Yeah I'm sure Cryer said on twitter it would be around the £4m mark

Archived