BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

I think what I saw was that it would be far less than that. Ie, literally just what it cost to train the player. And I recall something about the prem threatening to withdraw payments to the lower leagues if it wasn't agreed. But my memory on this is vague, maybe someone else can put it straight?

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what I saw was that it would be far less than that. Ie, literally just what it cost to train the player. And I recall something about the prem threatening to withdraw payments to the lower leagues if it wasn't agreed. But my memory on this is vague, maybe someone else can put it straight?

I think this was fairly recently. Wasn't there a palace fan on here posting about signing a petition against it?

Get the feeling it's something they're trying to introduce as opposed to something they have already introduced.

I could be wrong though....

• Backroom

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a few months ago weren't the rules on compo changed to allow far less? I definitely saw something on the mirror site about it, but not sure if it went through or if it applies to prem clubs.

I thought it only applied to football league clubs which makes the whole thing even worse and the rich get richer as the poor get screwed

If Hoilett does leave we should go all out to get Wilfried Zaha from Palace. Similar sort of player, perhaps a bit more unpredictable but isn't afraid of tracking back.

I know he gets linked to big clubs a lot, but so did Victor Moses and he ended up at Wigan for a relatively small fee.

If Hoilett does leave we should go all out to get Wilfried Zaha from Palace. Similar sort of player, perhaps a bit more unpredictable but isn't afraid of tracking back.

I know he gets linked to big clubs a lot, but so did Victor Moses and he ended up at Wigan for a relatively small fee.

We will not have the money to afford him. And we need to cut wages not add to them. It won't happen. Good player though.

Was just going to post Zaha would be a good alternative!

Alan Nixon reckons he would be available for £8m.....

Not unrealistic if we got £6m for hoilett, however Venky's are unlikely to have the same thoughts!

I think there are few things less realistic than Venkys sanctioning an £8m spend on any player, ever.

If we were to get £6m for Hoilett the majority of it would go towards paying running costs. Bleak, eh?!

Was just going to post Zaha would be a good alternative!

Alan Nixon reckons he would be available for £8m.....

Not unrealistic if we got £6m for hoilett, however Venky's are unlikely to have the same thoughts!

I'd take that figure with a huge pinch of salt.

The same hype and figures surrounded Victor Moses for a while...apparently both Man City and Arsenal were chasing him for big money moves, then he goes to Wigan for £2.5 million.

I can't imagine Zaha would go for any more than £4 million if Palace remain a Championship club. He's very rough around the edges still, I can't see any top half PL team going in for him yet.

There seem to be come crafty agents around who build players up by circulating rumours of big money moves to big clubs. We saw the same with Scott Dann in the summer (and his partner Roger Johnson). Both went for less money and to 'smaller' clubs than any of the initial media reports.

• Moderation Lead

It would beggar belief if he went to Everton, never mind Bolton!!

Was wondering where Everton got the cash from, but then remembered Bilyaletdinov and Arteta funds not yet spent!

Archived