BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rover V Fulham 14-01-12

Well all know its a tough time supporting Rovers at the moment. There were the same number of Rovers Fans at the Chorley game as the away Newcastle FA Cup game. But its is a lot easier for most fans to go to a local game than a several hundred mile round trip to the north east of England.

So Rovers play Fulham at Ewood Park which in most cases would be home banker for Rovers. Ewood used to be a fortress for with most of their points coming from home games. Fulham have been poor away from home for several seasons. That includes the season when Roy Hodgson was manager and he was able to take one of the smaller London clubs to the Europa League Final a tremendous achievement. But they still only won one game away from home and only collected a total of 9 points from 19 games.

This season Fulham have only won once away from home and draw five, the win coming against Wigan. Something inexplicably Rovers were unable to achieve. Blackburn have also lost their last 3 homes games. While the media seem to be happy with the performance against Stoke I personally thought Rovers were again organized poorly and not at all up to speed or commitment in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half which allowed Stoke to all but kill the game.

With transfer window being open its normally a time of hope for the teams at the bottom where they can strengthen there teams. "What we will do is try to get the business done quick, but keep the names private." Yet we know Rovers agreed terms with Fulham for Andy Johnson, only for the deal to fall apart as Rovers have to sell before they can buy.

Anyway back to this game, I do expect Fulham to loose but I also expect them to score. I am not going to go in to the frailties of the Rovers team as they are there for all to see. But all I will say if Rovers have ANY hope of staying up Rovers have to win this game. 3 points nothing else will do as we try to escape the drop. So I will go 2-1 for Rovers Goodwille and MGP to get the goals. If on the other hand Fulham can score first I think the game will be a draw.

Now that I have covered 2 out of the 3 outcomes I think my preview is complete :P

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see anything for us.

Fulham having a good spell, playing with confidence and scoring goals for fun.

Rovers, Clementless and hopeless. LT mentions potential targets in Bradley Orr (QPR), Jimmy Kebe (Reading) and Ricardo Fuller (Stoke). FFS, surely the penny has dropped - IMO, we are absolutely goosed financially, operationally and managerially. A minor miracle is needed.

Can the Supporters at the match give 90 minutes of support to the players... (Please don't use that word again) Kean and the chicken regime. Before and after the match you can gun them down but it's essential that during the 90 minutes of play that the players get the backing they need from the home fans so they know they are at home not at turf moor!

I'm fed up of the farce that has become rovers at the moment and am all for change but during those 90 minutes I switch my anger into voice for the players on the pitch. I'm travelling a long way to see the game and will surley be joining in a bit of hatred banter after the game, before I'm not so sure as I think it will be bad on the players knowing its all kicking off etc, but during the game I'm a rover and will suppport to the end come win or lose but the bad air at Ewood during games is not doing the club any favours.

Just saying.

Well all know its a tough time supporting Rovers at the moment. There were the same number of Rovers Fans at the Chorley game as the away Newcastle FA Cup game. But its is a lot easier for most fans to go to a local game than a several hundred mile round trip to the north east of England.

So Rovers play Fulham at Ewood Park which in most cases would be home banker for Rovers. Ewood used to be a fortress for with most of their points coming from home games. Fulham have been poor away from home for several seasons. That includes the season when Roy Hodgson was manager and he was able to take one of the smaller London clubs to the Europa League Final a tremendous achievement. But they still only won one game away from home and only collected a total of 9 points from 19 games.

This season Fulham have only won once away from home and draw five, the win coming against Wigan. Something inexplicably Rovers were unable to achieve. Blackburn have also lost their last 3 homes games. While the media seem to be happy with the performance against Stoke I personally thought Rovers were again organized poorly and not at all up to speed or commitment in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half which allowed Stoke to all but kill the game.

With transfer window being open its normally a time of hope for the teams at the bottom where they can strengthen there teams. "What we will do is try to get the business done quick, but keep the names private." Yet we know Rovers agreed terms with Fulham for Andy Johnson, only for the deal to fall apart as Rovers have to sell before they can buy.

Anyway back to this game, I do expect Fulham to loose but I also expect them to score. I am not going to go in to the frailties of the Rovers team as they are there for all to see. But all I will say if Rovers have ANY hope of staying up Rovers have to win this game. 3 points nothing else will do as we try to escape the drop. So I will go 2-1 for Rovers Goodwille and MGP to get the goals. If on the other hand Fulham can score first I think the game will be a draw.

Now that I have covered 2 out of the 3 outcomes I think my preview is complete :P

The bit about the same number of rovers fans being at chorley as at Newcastle is that true? I was at Newcastle and there was 400 rovers fans.

The bit about the same number of rovers fans being at chorley as at Newcastle is that true? I was at Newcastle and there was 400 rovers fans.

Nah, hard to say as not everyone was dressed in colours. Certainly not 400. I'd say 100 to 150 and a chicken. Rovers took more than North Ferriby that's for sure.

Can the Supporters at the match give 90 minutes of support to the players... (Please don't use that word again) Kean and the chicken regime. Before and after the match you can gun them down but it's essential that during the 90 minutes of play that the players get the backing they need from the home fans so they know they are at home not at turf moor!

I'm fed up of the farce that has become rovers at the moment and am all for change but during those 90 minutes I switch my anger into voice for the players on the pitch. I'm travelling a long way to see the game and will surley be joining in a bit of hatred banter after the game, before I'm not so sure as I think it will be bad on the players knowing its all kicking off etc, but during the game I'm a rover and will suppport to the end come win or lose but the bad air at Ewood during games is not doing the club any favours.

Just saying.

Could not agree more with this. Surely as a player it must not be easy hearing you're own fans venting thier anger during a game instead of giving support. I am positive if We had the same volumes/enthusiasm we aimed at Kean during Bolton game and then structured this in a positive way we can still beat Fulham and with this I think we will win 1-0 :) But the fans are crucial for this and to be fair to everyone v Stoke we were all very good but we need to continue this during the 90 mins.. Put it this way My younger brother and 2 of his mates have all refused to go saying they dont like the atmosphere at Ewood anymore.. How bad is that a fellow fan doesn;t want to go because of their own fans.. But keep positive as poss and we can win... :)

Just saying.

Hmmmm.

Stoke - Cheered to the rafters - play terribly and lose

Swansea - protest banners and chants - win comfortably

The protests are a direct result of the sorry excuse for a sqaud playing terribly WITH SUPPORT

WE ARE DOWN ALREADY so we may as well give Kean hell

1-2 with a whimper AGAIN (though I'm not going myself as I've better things to do this weekend)

Boycotted stoke game, couldnt even muster a thought regarding the newcastle game and as for this coming saturday I am considering going shopping instead of going to my seat in Ewood, thats how interesting it is for me at this present time.

Kean hasnt got a scooby on how to set up his team let alone keep a clean sheet.

Fulham playing with confidence and scoring goals with some decent results of late.

Rovers to make it another home loss for us this season as the free for all at Ewood continues.

0-1 Fulham.

KEAN OUT

As our recent home form has seen losses to Stoke, Bolton & West Brom there is no logical reason why anyone would think that we can beat Fulham.

Only blind optomists need to respond.

Rovers 2 - 3 Fulham with one or two Rovers first-teamers mysteriously 'rested' mid-way through the transfer window.

Kean's post match interview consists of soundbites about: 'positive attacking display', 'moving in the right direction', 'we struggled with injuries to key players', 'if we can get a few of the experienced guys back', 'hope to have 3 or 4 new faces in by the next game', 'the owners back me and what we are trying to do' etc etc etc.

Or in other words- Rovers lose again, Kean tells more lies. We move closer to the inevitable relegation. MG Road reappears to say how it would all be OK if the Rovers fans just talked to Venkys.

Could not agree more with this. Surely as a player it must not be easy hearing you're own fans venting thier anger during a game instead of giving support. I am positive if We had the same volumes/enthusiasm we aimed at Kean during Bolton game and then structured this in a positive way we can still beat Fulham and with this I think we will win 1-0 :) But the fans are crucial for this and to be fair to everyone v Stoke we were all very good but we need to continue this during the 90 mins.. Put it this way My younger brother and 2 of his mates have all refused to go saying they dont like the atmosphere at Ewood anymore.. How bad is that a fellow fan doesn;t want to go because of their own fans.. But keep positive as poss and we can win... :)

And how bad for fans of 50 years or more who dont go because of thick Indians and a total numpty as manager!!

And, I can tell you as well, he has now almost lost the whole dressing room!!

Could not agree more with this. Surely as a player it must not be easy hearing you're own fans venting thier anger during a game instead of giving support. I am positive if We had the same volumes/enthusiasm we aimed at Kean during Bolton game and then structured this in a positive way we can still beat Fulham and with this I think we will win 1-0 :)But the fans are crucial for this and to be fair to everyone v Stoke we were all very good but we need to continue this during the 90 mins.. Put it this way My younger brother and 2 of his mates have all refused to go saying they dont like the atmosphere at Ewood anymore.. How bad is that a fellow fan doesn;t want to go because of their own fans.. But keep positive as poss and we can win... :)

Remind me. With all the positive structured support did we beat Stoke?

Do you honestly believe that fans being "positive" will prevent our club with its present manager and owners freefalling into oblivion?

As Rovers fans we need a tiny glimour of hope, WELL check out this weekends fixtures.

Man United vs BOLTON

Spurs vs WOLVES

WIGAN vs Man City

and

Newcastle vs QPR (Newcastle are buzzing and hopefully QPR wont have Hughes in charge by then)

Basically IF we can win our match there is a decent chance we get out of the bottom three for the first time in along time!!!

So come on guys, lets cheer every tackle, pass, cross, shot and work ethic from the boys.

I agree if we lose we are doomed but lets give our lads a fighting chance. Plus a decent atmosphere might help lure AJ, who I personally think still has a lot to offer

oh and Boltons next two games are vs Liverpool and Arsenal,probably minus Cahill.

SO if its possible they might be in more cack than us!!

Ive said it before but I still cant believe we have a chance, we have been so terrible this season.

We have had so many chances and Kean hasnt delivered on them. I thought that we would take the other chances but we didnt I find my self struggling now, I think Kean's tactics or subs will absolutly mess this up like the rest or we will just be terrible from the start. 1 -2 fulham (but on the day my mood will slightly change and I will be roaring for a win)

Archived