BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Ownership Under Scrutiny In Indian Press

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

The Economic Times of India has today published a lengthy article on the Venky's ownership, featuring comments from Kamy and other Rovers fans. For details, see the front page here.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Venkys loose face about this article? Or is it water of a chickens back (sorry!)

As stated in the article cricket is the main sport in India, will people read it and take note or alternatively not care what is happening on the other side of the world to our club.

Im not sure of the demographic of the indian econmic times but presume its aimed at 'professionals' and hopefully its a start at making people in India sit up and take note.

Linguistically, this is a poorly written piece, in my opinion. Reads more like a dull summary of facts than an actual well-worded piece of investigative journalism. For instance:

The trouble with fans began a month after Venky's took charge. It sacked Sam Allardyce as coach and replaced him with Steve Kean. Many found it bewildering (....)

In contrast, Kean was considered a novice. The results affirmed their worst fears.

Zzzzz... Doesn't exactly paint a vivid picture of the actual situation, does it? Also, Kean IS a novice, not just "considered a novice" when compared with Sam Allardyce.

Surprisingly, fans are cool to the exit option. "This is a case of 'better the devil you know'," says Fallon. "If they go, who is going to come, reorganise the club and make it one to be proud of again?" he asks.

OK, so the majority of fans are "cool to the exit option" just because Mr. Fallon prefers the devil he knows? Curious! If you'd asked me, I'd say that I would prefer administration to these jokers, and I know many Rovers fans feel the same way. Venky's have clearly shown that they have no intentions to fix what they have screwed up. With Venky's, there is no hope.

Overall, however, the article is more or less correct, and I can live with the fact that it's written in a dull way. It's excellent that such a lengthy article is published in an Indian paper. Hopefully there will be more to come, thus making life for Venky's very uncomfortable in the future.

Linguistically, this is a poorly written piece, in my opinion. Reads more like a dull summary of facts than an actual well-worded piece of investigative journalism. For instance:

Zzzzz... Doesn't exactly paint a vivid picture of the actual situation, does it? Also, Kean IS a novice, not just "considered a novice" when compared with Sam Allardyce.

OK, so the majority of fans are "cool to the exit option" just because Mr. Fallon prefers the devil he knows? Curious! If you'd asked me, I'd say that I would prefer administration to these jokers, and I know many Rovers fans feel the same way. Venky's have clearly shown that they have no intentions to fix what they have screwed up. With Venky's, there is no hope.

Overall, however, the article is more or less correct, and I can live with the fact that it's written in a dull way. It's excellent that such a lengthy article is published in an Indian paper. Hopefully there will be more to come, thus making life for Venky's very uncomfortable in the future.

It's not written for us and, in fairness, the majority of the readership might not have English as their first language.

Keep it simple get the facts across, make it easy for the reader to reference points in it. Now I've seen Kamy's update and images, I'm a lot more enthused by this. Well done to those involved - I suspect Kamy and Philipl in particular!

Linguistically, this is a poorly written piece, in my opinion. Reads more like a dull summary of facts than an actual well-worded piece of investigative journalism.

Bleedin' eck! Compared to the tosh dished up by the English media this article is outstanding! Have we yet seen ANY summary of facts in our rags? Or even a piece of investigative journalism? I'd prefer a dull summary to the one-sided bile served up so far. The British media should read this article and hang their heads in shame, they are as incompetent at their jobs as Venky's are at running our club.

Bleedin' eck! Compared to the tosh dished up by the English media this article is outstanding! Have we yet seen ANY summary of facts in our rags? Or even a piece of investigative journalism? I'd prefer a dull summary to the one-sided bile served up so far. The British media should read this article and hang their heads in shame, they are as incompetent at their jobs as Venky's are at running our club.

My feelings too. When I read the online version last night it was clear there were some inaccuracies in the narrative regarding views of fans. However I think the key issues are covered well and I feel this article is the best public statement against Venkys so far- the fact it has been published prominently in India has more chance of making an impact on Venkys than anything that could be done over here. Well done to all involved. Now lets hope this, along with the letter re directors/Venkys/SEM gets further coverage.

Interesting article. However, I dislike this narrative that we're ###### off about the failure to bring in big names. The majority of us knew this was nonsense all along and would much prefer money was invested in capable Premier League players.

at the end of the day there was a considerable percentage on here who would of put their sisters on the game for anyone (and that included venkys)to buy rovers and I rembember posting that its like pimp my club.There was talk of turning ewood into Bollyewood ,multi story car parks with link roads to the motorway,railway stations for extra fans,mosques, prayer rooms for the influx of new asian fans, talk of becks ,ronny etc ,joe cole was dismissed as not good enough or too smal a name .

I sat on the fence and was wary and got ridiculed .

They have played us as mugs and weve let them.

It shouldn't be underestimated what big, big news this is. Mrs D will be choking on her cornflakes this morning. They may not care about Rovers but they do care about their brand. Venky's will have to act one way or another now. My feeling is they will look to sell a stake in the club and concentrate on using blackburn to promote football in india.

Further this is spiraling to a national pride issue .... and a buisness being ridiculed in EC is like a socialite being screwed in some fashion magazine ....

the guy included the letter by council member ... if he hit the release by the MPs ... more impact

It shouldn't be underestimated what big, big news this is. Mrs D will be choking on her cornflakes this morning. They may not care about Rovers but they do care about their brand. Venky's will have to act one way or another now. My feeling is they will look to sell a stake in the club and concentrate on using blackburn to promote football in india.

Damn we've undershot then I was hoping it'd see them sell up completely.

It's to be hoped this has some effect, and gathers some momentum, as I feel this is probably the last throw of the die.

If AD fronts it out (which I fear she will) and makes more excuses (probably blame the fans) then there is nowhere else to go.

It shouldn't be underestimated what big, big news this is. Mrs D will be choking on her cornflakes this morning. They may not care about Rovers but they do care about their brand. Venky's will have to act one way or another now.

My feeling is they will look to sell a stake in the club and concentrate on using blackburn to promote football in india.

That is my feeling aswell. They will try to sell a 60 percentgae stake in the club and allow Venkys to market the club in the Far East and India. Also this will mean that Mrs D will no longer be able to stop funding fot the club and will not be able to make day to day decisions that are doing harm to the club.

Archived