BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Holidays

Other half and I are going away at the beginning of June - without children and we're not sure where to go. We'd like a very relaxing holiday with a bit of luxury and nice weather. We looked at the Maldives but weren't sure about the weather.

So has anyone been there at that time of year? What's the weather like ?

Or have you got any good suggestions for somewhere else?

Cheers

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other half and I are going away at the beginning of June - without children and we're not sure where to go. We'd like a very relaxing holiday with a bit of luxury and nice weather. We looked at the Maldives but weren't sure about the weather.

Cheers

Rover95,

Have a look at the Riu Palace Aruba, right on the beach, amazing food, 24 hour AI imported alcohol too, weather brilliant and out of the Hurricane belt, very safe, wonderful Island!

Rover95,

Have a look at the Riu Palace Aruba, right on the beach, amazing food, 24 hour AI imported alcohol too, weather brilliant and out of the Hurricane belt, very safe, wonderful Island!

I was looking there yesterday ! Looks lovely. Would there be rain in June?

I was looking there yesterday ! Looks lovely. Would there be rain in June?

Its very rare and if it does its a 10 minute blast, then sunshine, google its sunshine record.

Around the hotel as well, there are shopping Malls, Cinemas, Bowling alleys and restaurants and just a short taxi ride from Orangestad the capital, Taxis are cheap and you can either relax, explore or go to one of the beach pubs with discos if you want, there is something for everyone.

• Backroom

Not been but I can vouch for Riu hotels for the all inclusive, stayed in one in Mexico and it really was all inclusive, our fridge was stocked daily with corona and had 4 optics on the wall replinished daily if needed

Cheers

Shortest flight possible would be my advice for a relaxing holiday. Remember it's the same sun all around the world.

Croatia, Ballearics, Tuscany, Greek Islands etc will all be superb for lolling around a pool, eating out at nights and generally 'chilling'.

Not been but I can vouch for Riu hotels for the all inclusive, stayed in one in Mexico and it really was all inclusive, our fridge was stocked daily with corona and had 4 optics on the wall replinished daily if needed

Bloody hell fair does 4 optics a day! Not even gonna try and beat that one !!

Don't go to the Caribbean in June. It's the hurricane season.

If you want a relaxing holiday with guaranteed sunshine you can't go wrong with Cyprus. We went to a Thomson Gold hotel in Paphos called Atlantica Golden Beach last June and have booked again for September this year. It was really fabulous. No noisy children, good food and all inclusive if you want it. Afternoons were in the mid 80's every day and the waiters were there all the time around the pool to bring you drinks and slices of cold melon and orange and cool towels. It's not cheap but not as expensive as long haul.

Don't go to the Caribbean in June. It's the hurricane season.

If you want a relaxing holiday with guaranteed sunshine you can't go wrong with Cyprus. We went to a Thomson Gold hotel in Paphos called Atlantica Golden Beach last June and have booked again for September this year. It was really fabulous. No noisy children, good food and all inclusive if you want it. Afternoons were in the mid 80's every day and the waiters were there all the time around the pool to bring you drinks and slices of cold melon and orange and cool towels. It's not cheap but not as expensive as long haul.

Al, Aruba is out of the Hurricane belt and June boasts temps of 82 degrees plus, monthly rainfall is the same all year round!!

PS the Riu Palace Aruba is a Thomson Platinum hotel with all the trimmings!!

dont go to egypt, too hot, too unclean in some places, my brother and neice who came along got food poisoning after the second day, were in bed rest of the holiday and a lot of hassle from market traders, the valley of the kings is amazing though. the best holiday i have been on is benidorm, great weather, great food, nice and peaceful, perfect beaches, freindly locals, im going again in august.

Other locations I gone in June in the past are French Riveria(lots of great outings you can organsise locally) Turkey(I prefer the Cappodoccia Goreme area with its strange rocks than the coast but lots love the Turquoise Coast.. Israel + Jordan for Wadi Rum & Petra + Sinai.Expect to fry a bit but I find it pleasant

No need to go beyond Europe in June, as the weather should be perfect in the Med. As said above avoid the first week but otherwise you should be able to get reasonably priced flights to lots of places. Then just find yourself a decent hotel. If you have the budget for the Maldives a cheap flight to the Med should give you plenty of budget for a good hotel in Spain, Italy, Greece or Turkey.

I once saw a place on a holiday programme about somewhere in Ibiza that looked pretty impressive each room/villa with its own private garden and splash pool, but I've tried to find it but had no luck.

We just don't want to end up in some generic tower block of apartments somewhere!

I once saw a place on a holiday programme about somewhere in Ibiza that looked pretty impressive each room/villa with its own private garden and splash pool, but I've tried to find it but had no luck.

We just don't want to end up in some generic tower block of apartments somewhere!

Have a look at sawdays.co.uk. The places he recommends are often pricey but usually special.

dont go to egypt, too hot, too unclean in some places, my brother and neice who came along got food poisoning after the second day, were in bed rest of the holiday and a lot of hassle from market traders, the valley of the kings is amazing though. the best holiday i have been on is benidorm, great weather, great food, nice and peaceful, perfect beaches, freindly locals, im going again in august.

I second this, the egyptians want one thing... Money. They will try anything to get money off you and be demanding about it.

Will not go back again alley because of the people.

(food was ###### too)

South of France/French Riveria is very good then just pre Tourist peak season.Lots of outings that can be arranged locally.Monaco San Tropez Juan les Pains & other famous names.. You can go up into Haute Provence.Gorges of Verdon etc.etc from a base like Nice or Cannes..(its the start of Lavender season then too so scenic even more)..Went End May a couple of years ago(did some cycling actually) Cannes film Festival & Monaco Grand prix was on when I was there just that bit earlier than you intend to go..Quality Camping or caravaning or car touring around the area is another option

• 6 months later...

Just back from a brill holiday at the Tenerife Holiday Village. If you have children, it's a hit, as was the Menorca version we've been to previously. We had to drive past the Tenerife Sensatori 5* on the way to our place and I have to say, that looks immense. Have they drawn that Euromillions lottery yet?

i got back yesterday from benidorm for a week, love the place, been there 3 times now, best hotel i have ever stopped in is the don pancho, been there two years in a row now and i want to go there next year, been incredibly hot, hottest they have had for years the locals say, the warm air has been coming over from africa, went to ponienti and altea. Altea was especially hot, shame they have no real beaches.

Did three nights camping in Cumbria at the start of the month-3 miles south of Carlisle. Great spot for further day trips if you like history (Romans etc).

Similarly, looking for a campsite within a couple miles of York if anyone can recommend one please?

Archived