BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SUSSEX ROVERS SUPPORTERS

PAFELL

I know of one other Rovers supporter on here from Sussex. I am wondering if there is anymore. At the moment, I just want to hear from those from sussex, east or west.

I believe it is time for supporters from other areas outside of the Blackburn area to get rovers supporters clubs forming up and down the country. As well as overseas folk to do the same. We know there is one in London (if it is still going) Singapore also have one. Not all supporters outside the area can get involved in protests, speaking about the club etc, due to where we live.

But they should be allowed a voice also. Just because we do not live in the area, does not mean we should be marginalised.

Maybe there are groups of you in other areas of the country that could form something.

BRAG are forming at the manxman pub. Not all supporters can meet in the manxman pub. There are supporters from Rishton, Great harwood, Accrington, other areas of blackburn etc etc get together and form supporters clubs. People are going on about unity amongst supporters - well maybe this is a way of doing it.

Anyway I am looking for folk from sussex. I know of one other, but are there more?

I've chatted briefly to Pafell before on here. Unsurprisingly I'm in Sussex now - Horsham to be exact. Moved down here 6 years ago - know of 1 other Rovers fan in Horsham, but it's surprising how often you do see a Rovers shirt dotted around the area (especially when people are travelling up for London away games).

Where abouts are people then? Always good to meet up with northern folk. :-)

I've discussed this idea with PAFELL about setting up some sort of supporters group down south. Think it's a good idea of his. I live in the Eastbourne area. I'm a southerner born and bred and I think many will be surprised by the amount of southern rovers fans.

There's a few rovers fans in brighton. At least 4 that I know...moved down there about 15 years ago....you know em pafell? Mill Hill Hindle, infirmary kev and the rest... ;0

nope

I've chatted briefly to Pafell before on here. Unsurprisingly I'm in Sussex now - Horsham to be exact. Moved down here 6 years ago - know of 1 other Rovers fan in Horsham, but it's surprising how often you do see a Rovers shirt dotted around the area (especially when people are travelling up for London away games).

Correct. Must admit seen a few around eastbourne. I live fairly near to there.

Though always thought they were on holiday, as it was summer when I saw them.

I'm from eastbourne!.....probably me you've seen....i know of no others.... :/

There is somebody else from here from eastbourne.

I have been surprised today how many rovers supporters live in sussex.

Yer all my family originally from Blackburn /Accrington but parents moved south just before i was born, so lived down here all my life, me and my dad used to drive back up most weekends and he now lives back up there, I quite often end up going aways games solo so if we could get something going it'd be great! Be good to have people to share my pain with!

• 4 months later...

Yer all my family originally from Blackburn /Accrington but parents moved south just before i was born, so lived down here all my life, me and my dad used to drive back up most weekends and he now lives back up there, I quite often end up going aways games solo so if we could get something going it'd be great! Be good to have people to share my pain with!

Hopefully a lttle more progress has been made on this.

• 3 months later...

This subject has come up again on twitter about forming a Rovers supporters clubs. I suggested those of us in sussex should form on. There appears to be quite a few of us down in sussex. There has been so much in fighting amongst supporters for all sorts of reasons. They are in this group, others in another group. etc etc.

Maybe now kean has gone an oportunity has been given us to try to unit the fan base. This is where Rovers fan Clubs can come into play. Form clubs in your particular area. Blackburn Rovers supporters clubs up and down the country. Other clubs have them, why should not Rovers have them.

Where abouts are people then? Always good to meet up with northern folk. :-)

Not far from hastings

I've discussed this idea with PAFELL about setting up some sort of supporters group down south. Think it's a good idea of his. I live in the Eastbourne area. I'm a southerner born and bred and I think many will be surprised by the amount of southern rovers fans.

I will be in Eastbourne for the beer festival this weekend.

Not quite Sussex but I'm from SouthEast Kent and so's Bryan.

I am aware there is a rovers supporters club somewhere in London. Yet just going on this thread there a number of rovers suporters further down south from London.

Maybe it is worth trying to get a Kent rovers supporters club going as well as a Sussex one. If there is not enough in either county then a south east one instead.

How we go about doing this, is another thing.

Archived