BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinić

Bought under false pretences. Not the type of striker who can carry a mediocre team.

Even when he did get among the goals he was dropped and outcast by Kean. I still reckon he could have made it, albeit at a different time.

Just thought I'd reopen the debate on him. I was firmly in the 'play him with a partner up front and he'll score camp'.

Got

9 in 12 for Dnipro so far.

I agree with you but our midfield is/was so weak we could have never have played with two men up front. We struggle with five in midfield as it is.

Just thought I'd reopen the debate on him. I was firmly in the 'play him with a partner up front and he'll score camp'.

How many other players exist in the Premier League like that? Players either have to be able to play on their own, or they have to be able to play a wide role. Those that can't do either will end up playing elsewhere.

Kalinic, unfortunately, fell into the latter.

• Backroom

Thought Kalinic had potential originally but he disappointed me a couple of times - particularly getting sent off stupidly having scored two against WBA and finally looking like he might have arrived. Think he's the type of striker who thrives on service and won't make things for himself - the type of player unlikely to succeed at a club outside the top 6 in the premier league.

His goals tally in his current league is irrelevant.

So would Gerd Muller and Ian Rush.

It's quite telling that the four payers mentioned are from a different era.

I agree with your second sentence though. He'll be a success in a league where he can be afforded a strike partner.

It's quite telling that the four payers mentioned are from a different era.

I agree with your second sentence though. He'll be a success in a league where he can be afforded a strike partner.

I agree. I couldn't think of any "modern" players. Maybe Owen, and he's now past it. Hernandez for Man U may fit the bill.

Den, I think the main point is that he would never be as good as the top line finishers, but that he can play given the right circumstances. I see your not impressed with Vukevic. Did you not rate Patrik Andersson either? Couldn't get a game at Ewood but played for Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

Archived