BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Charlatans 15 year anniversary of Tellin' Stories in M/C tomorrow. 13 year wedding anniversary pressie to each other. Bagged myself a good un there, didn't I? Absolutely chuffed and can't wait.

Nice one, enjoy! Seen them about 4 times over 20-odd years and they've always been good.

Was tempted but I've cleared June's schedule in anticipation of the 3rd coming on the 29th .... :)

Nice one, enjoy! Seen them about 4 times over 20-odd years and they've always been good.

Was tempted but I've cleared June's schedule in anticipation of the 3rd coming on the 29th .... :)

They were absolutely brilliant, Mark! played all of Tellin Stories fantastically well and then did about eight or nine songs as an 'encore', included some rare b side stuff, old stuff and of course the obligatory Sproston Green to end. Must have seen them about a dozen times now but they've never sounded so good - and loud! My ears are still ringing like they do when I go to metal gigs. And I ache all over from jumpin round like a teenager. Really should know better by now.

Met a few people who went to the Warrington do - still wearing their wristbands - and from what they said, you're in for a treat at the Roses gig.

• 2 weeks later...

He he, CUD were so underrated. Remember first time I saw them they were supporting Wedding Present at King George's in 1989. Seem to remember some bloke on stage with them with a balaclava on?!!! One giant love is still one of my all time favourite songs.

Saw Carter at Mcr Academy 1991, they were superb-one of the loudest bands I've ever seen and unbelievable energy.

Got roses tkts for the 29th, had to go down the ebay route and managed to bag 5 for 80 quid apiece which I think is a bit of a result. Got the money shirt and flares at the ready, oh to be 19 again...

Oh dear, Gav - tweets saying Reni and Brown have had a fall out and Reni's walked off stage in Amsterdam!

Excellent, knew it wouldnt last.

Got back from Download at the weekend, saw some fantastic bands, and Rival Sons. Chris Cornell on Saturday, and Pearl Jam next week

Excellent, knew it wouldnt last.

Outrageous. Resurrection rocks harder than most Metal bands Steveo. Open your ears man!!

Not going to Heaton Park. Waiting for the tour. There will be a tour right? Hopefully they'll play Preston Guild Hall Foyer again. Well you can dream....

Went to see Kanda Bongo Man at Band on the Wall on Friday, very joyous and uplifting.

Saw this lot at 53 degrees in Preston on saturday, really enjoyed them.

Lead singer gotta a great voice, great musicians and great tunes too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoiR3HQEz-M

Goint to see Femi Kuti at the Ritz in M/C 4th July, excited.com

And Vintage Trouble on 17th July at 53 Degrees, tickets only £11, be rude not to go

Going to see Soul Rebels Brass Band at Band on the Wall, 25th July, don't know much about them, but looks fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RWRa-7vd-Q&feature=related

and also Beat Herder starts on 29th of June, great local festival, about five miles East of Clitheroe. Ultra relaxed and friendly. Sold out this year but worth keeping your eyes open for next year

Edited by david_daft

Great couple of weeks coming up, Bruce Springsteen next week and The Roses the week after :tu:

Tonight the finest live rock and roll show I've seen in nearly 45 years hits Manchester. Show starts at 7.00 so we should be in for around 3.5 hours!

So excited and a lot of friends who should know better feel the same. Great that we can take the whole family and all will have an equally good time.

....... bit worried we might miss the last train home. :)

Edited by Paul

Awesome. Three stand out songs for me - Darlington County, a personal favourite I can't remember hearing live before ghough must have, Cadilac Ranch and The River which is still the saddest song I know and always reduces me to tears. Plus of course the anthems we all love.

Great finale with Twist n Shout. Loads of people trying to twist in the rows and several on the steps.

Played for 3 hours 20 minutes and was unusually 18 minutes late starting so without rain might have been longer. I was absolutely drained at the end not sure how much longer I can keep up!! Hope I die before I get old.

I think the crowd made more noise than the City fans.

Great organisation in Manchester itself and enroute to the stadium. not sure who would be responsible for that.

Those heading to IOW or Hyde Park you're in for a huge show.

Question? Has anybody ever had 'side view' seats at the MEN? if so, are they good or bad?

Just got tickets for Muse at MEN in block 101 upper level. I checked a seating plan of the arena & the seats are almost behind the front of the stage. When tickets arrived they said "SIDE VIEW!!!!" printed on them.

Not sure if this is good or bad??....at £55 a pop i`m hoping they`ll be pretty decent :huh:

Question? Has anybody ever had 'side view' seats at the MEN? if so, are they good or bad?

Just got tickets for Muse at MEN in block 101 upper level. I checked a seating plan of the arena & the seats are almost behind the front of the stage. When tickets arrived they said "SIDE VIEW!!!!" printed on them.

Not sure if this is good or bad??....at £55 a pop i`m hoping they`ll be pretty decent :huh:

I don't like them, but then I think most of the Seated Tickets (especially Upper Tier) at the MEN are awful.

Hate to tell you this but we've sat in the opposite Block 116 and it wasn't good. I went with my wife to see Fleetwood Mac and I have to say she really enjoyed it and didn't comment on the same things as me. I really looked forward to this gig so it wasn't a view prejudiced by not being keen to go. The two issues I had with this block are the sound was poor, for a band like FM to be able to hear the whole sound is important, and it seemed we could only hear from one bank of speakers which gave poor balance. Secondly there was a lighting rig, or some other large bit of stage equipment - I forget, which kept moving in and out at eye level. This blocked half my view of the stage when it moved outwards.

For £50+ I epxected much better and e-mailed both the MEN and the band's website. Needless to say I didn't get a reply. Ifyou can possibly change the ticket I would.

Sorry but that was my experience but as I said my wife didn't have aproblem with the seats at all.

Any accoustic guitar lovers out there? :huh:

I stumbled upon a tv show last night on cable PBS chanel. A fabulously immense guitarist called Tommy Emmanuel.

Never heard of the guy before, but will certainly be finding out more about his work.

....just check this guy out!

Any accoustic guitar lovers out there? :huh:

I stumbled upon a tv show last night on cable PBS chanel. A fabulously immense guitarist called Tommy Emmanuel.

Never heard of the guy before, but will certainly be finding out more about his work.

....just check this guy out!

Listen to his version of 'Classical gas' - Amazing man!!

Awesome. Three stand out songs for me - Darlington County, a personal favourite I can't remember hearing live before ghough must have, Cadilac Ranch and The River which is still the saddest song I know and always reduces me to tears. Plus of course the anthems we all love.

Great finale with Twist n Shout. Loads of people trying to twist in the rows and several on the steps.

Played for 3 hours 20 minutes and was unusually 18 minutes late starting so without rain might have been longer. I was absolutely drained at the end not sure how much longer I can keep up!! Hope I die before I get old.

I think the crowd made more noise than the City fans.

Great organisation in Manchester itself and enroute to the stadium. not sure who would be responsible for that.

Those heading to IOW or Hyde Park you're in for a huge show.

Absolutely stunning performance, the best gig I've ever been too, the mans a legend and 62yrs old, what energy.

Hope he does it all again soon.

Stone Roses Friday, won't be as good as Bruce, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Edited by GAV