BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Just that bit to young sadly, great bands when KGH/Blackburn was on the circuit, didn;t Bowie play here also?

To their credit KGH is doing a great job in attracting artists/bands back to the town, Paul Weller being the latest and long may it continue.

Yes seen him there I think it was the Aladdin Sane Tour. Also seen Fleetwod Mac there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Sure someone on here before about going to watch The Skints on Friday in Manchester, I can't go now, so if that person wants a ticket, pm me, I only want face value.

I went to see Paul Simon and Sting last night at the Manchester Arena. Being a cheapskate I had gone for the cheapest tivkets at the rear up in the gods, still cost £45 and £7 booking fee. When we got there our seats had been curtained off and we got relocated into the £125 seats six rows up near the stage. it was a good concert and they played without an interval for about three and a quarter hours.

I went to see Paul Simon and Sting last night at the Manchester Arena. Being a cheapskate I had gone for the cheapest tivkets at the rear up in the gods, still cost £45 and £7 booking fee. When we got there our seats had been curtained off and we got relocated into the £125 seats six rows up near the stage. it was a good concert and they played without an interval for about three and a quarter hours.

Result!

Only problem as I see it, Sting, can't stand the guy.

Paul Simon, legend.

Result!

Only problem as I see it, Sting, can't stand the guy.

Paul Simon, legend.

I must say that I was a little bit dubious over the sting side of it but while not being in the same league as Paul Simon he made a good contribution. He did do a good job on lead vocal for Bridge over troubled waters which closed the show.

Did anyone see The Pogues live? in their pomp?

I never did, but you imagine that a Pogues gig wasn’t for the faint hearted! Work colleague saw them a few years ago at the MEN, wasn’t worth the effort.

We went to Feis festival at Finsbury park back in 2011 mainly to see Bob Dylan, and by coincidence Shane Macgowan was also on the bill in a tent.

He had to be helped on stage by his Mrs, but he enthralled the 2000 watching for 30mins, a guy who makes Pete Doherty look like an armature in the hard living category, eventually he had to be dragged off stage by his wife, but not until he’d abused Nancy Griffith the American country star and rocked the tent with classic Pogues numbers.

Any else seen the Pogues live? how was it?

Edited by GAV

Did anyone see The Pogues live? in their pomp?

I never did, but you imagine that a Pogues gig wasn’t for the faint hearted! Work colleague saw them a few years ago at the MEN, wasn’t worth the effort.

We went to Feis festival at Finsbury park back in 2011 mainly to see Bob Dylan, and by coincidence Shane Macgowan was also on the bill in a tent.

He had to be helped on stage by his Mrs, but he enthralled the 2000 watching for 30mins, a guy who makes Pete Doherty look like an armature in the hard living category, eventually he had to be dragged off stage by his wife, but not until he’d abused Nancy Griffith the American country star and rocked the tent with classic Pogues numbers.

Any else seen the Pogues live? how was it?

I saw The Pogues first concert at Blackburn KGH (1985?) in the early days when Andrew 'The Clobberer' Ranken played the drums standing up and Spider Stacey added to the percussion by banging a metal drinks tray on his head! They were a breath of fresh air then. Went on to see them in Manchester (International 1?) and then their second concert at Blackburn KGH. Crackin' nights then but they went downhill later as Shane's drinking got worse. Edited by MCMC1875

• Moderation Lead

A mate of mine went to watch The Pogues last year, said it was class and very lively.

Courteeners at Heaton Park for me in June, then Parklife Festival 2 days later at Heaton Park as well, Beat Herder 6 weeks after that, roll on summer.

A mate of mine went to watch The Pogues last year, said it was class and very lively.

Courteeners at Heaton Park for me in June, then Parklife Festival 2 days later at Heaton Park as well, Beat Herder 6 weeks after that, roll on summer.

Decided to give Courteeners a miss at Heaton Park. Great gig last time out at King George's, but I'm not convinced they'll be able to carry if off at Heaton Park and it'll be full of 14-24yr olds thinking they can take on the world.