BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Is that 3 of the original line up down now? At what point does it cease to be AC/DC? Time they gave it up now...

When they have had to replace guitarists and the drummer previously, they've always gone back to ex-members who have been in the band previously. Stevie Young and Chris Slade both had spells in the band in the late 80s / early 90s so, when they stepped in a few years ago, in a way it still felt like the same band. Alongside them, Cliff Williams and Brian Johnson had been in the group over 25 years each so they are no longer stand ins.

I know there are no ex singers to turn to but turning to Axl feels completely wrong. It stinks of having 30 expensive sold out dates to complete and needing a 'name' to justify the huge ticket costs.

Edited by Hasta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Come on Bacup Blue......its that time of year again.......got my ticket for Manchester.....have you or are you watching the far inferior SLF instead?

Definitely going North West calling Doug :D (not been on here for nearly a year now due to personal circumstances so sorry for the late reply).

Gigs for me: The Damned at Northampton and The Royal Albert Hall in London next week,Nice 'n' Sleazy in Morecambe the week after and then of course the afore mentioned NWC. Rebellion at Blackpool in August then Great British alternative festival in Skeggy featuring 'From the Jam' and The Stranglers as well as The Blockheads! Quite a busy year with loads of other smaller gigs thrown in.

• Like 3

Definitely going North West calling Doug :D (not been on here for nearly a year now due to personal circumstances so sorry for the late reply).

Gigs for me: The Damned at Northampton and The Royal Albert Hall in London next week,Nice 'n' Sleazy in Morecambe the week after and then of course the afore mentioned NWC. Rebellion at Blackpool in August then Great British alternative festival in Skeggy featuring 'From the Jam' and The Stranglers as well as The Blockheads! Quite a busy year with loads of other smaller gigs thrown in.

Thanks for the reply Bacup, so you didn't get to the Apollo gig then, shame as it was superb, all of Black and White album and loads more. I'm sure they're getting better the older they get!! Ears were banging for days!!

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

I didn't get to the Apollo gig Doug. I've been watching a lot of smaller gigs these days, at differing venues too. I've really got into Dirt box Disco these last few years along with quite a few other bands off the STP label. Just to give an idea of their rising popularity I went to Rebellion last year where they had the likes of The Damned, The Adicts, Boomtown Rats Etc. The only band of the 4 days to fill the Empress Ballroom (Blackpool Winter Gardens) to capacity? Dirt box! Cracking band with a great set of lads as well. Highly recommend going to see them.

• Like 1

Just as an aside Doug, the Butlins do at Skegness is really worth going to, the security is nowhere near as severe as other venues and you can get right close up to the stage! Last year my girlfriend was that close she was stroking Captain Sensible's leg.....much to his delight..... :huh:

Edited by bacup blue
  • Like 1

Just as an aside Doug, the Butlins do at Skegness is really worth going to, the security is nowhere near as severe as other venues and you can get right close up to the stage! Last year my girlfriend was that close she was stroking Captain Sensible's leg.....much to his delight..... :huh:

Thanks for the info BB, hope it won't be next March when you next post on the board.......I'll give you a shout next February :xmas:

• Like 1

Hacienda Classical in Williamson's Park in Lancaster was a great one (as long as you didn't have to negotiate the bar queue).

Hooky, Rowetta and MC Tunes along with a classical orchestra and Graeme Park & Mike Pickering on the decks, all in an amazing setting too.

image.jpg

Need to get some more gigs booked because all I have at the moment it The Stone Roses at the Ethiad (StuWilkey of this parish came through with some tickets), the Levellers with some Ferocious Dogging in Manchester, and Jimbob off-of Carter playing a small corner in The Brudenell in Leeds.

Edit - And BML, which this year is Echo & The Bunnymen, Tinie Tempah, Travis, Lightning Seeds, All Saints, Peter Hooks Joy Division Karaoke (sorry, Pete Hook & The Light), We are Scientists, Barenaked Ladies & Black Grape

Edit 2 - And at least two trips to see The Hotpots

• Like 1

Hacienda Classical in Williamson's Park in Lancaster was a great one (as long as you didn't have to negotiate the bar queue).

Hooky, Rowetta and MC Tunes along with a classical orchestra and Graeme Park & Mike Pickering on the decks, all in an amazing setting too.

image.jpg

Need to get some more gigs booked because all I have at the moment it The Stone Roses at the Ethiad (StuWilkey of this parish came through with some tickets), the Levellers with some Ferocious Dogging in Manchester, and Jimbob off-of Carter playing a small corner in The Brudenell in Leeds.

Edit - And BML, which this year is Echo & The Bunnymen, Tinie Tempah, Travis, Lightning Seeds, All Saints, Peter Hooks Joy Division Karaoke (sorry, Pete Hook & The Light), We are Scientists, Barenaked Ladies & Black Grape

Edit 2 - And at least two trips to see The Hotpots

Ferocious Dogs are brilliant, looking forward to seeing them again at some point this year. Saw them a bit since in dingleville at the mechanics. Excellent night!

Sold out.

I would really object to paying good money to see them TBH. Saw them 2 years ago at Rebellion and they were horrendous. Set full of 8 minute long boring dirges of ol' Johnny ranting. The Empress ballroom was full at the start of their set, by the end it was barely a 1/4 full.