BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Showman ? Take it you ain't seen him live ? He's awful

seen him a few times, judging by your taste in music i think its fair to say we have a different opinion of what a showman is, though granted his vocals do fail him a lot, but when you've been singing like that for 40 years what do you expect.

Edited by T J Hooker

i've seen him live 3 times, once his voice was crap, once it was varied and once it was epic, but even when his voice is'nt up to it he still has the charisma and great backing musicians to keep you entertained.

@#/?..2 outta 3 aint bad.

• Like 4

Coldplay are doing 4 concerts in Wembley stadium. I can't think of a more bang average, weak orange squash tepid band than them. They'd need to bring the biggest speakers to make sure everyone can hear Chris Martin. If only the likes of Faith No More or Rammstein were popular enough with Free Radio and the sheeple. They'd rip the arse off Wembley.

• Like 1

Coldplay are doing 4 concerts in Wembley stadium. I can't think of a more bang average, weak orange squash tepid band than them. They'd need to bring the biggest speakers to make sure everyone can hear Chris Martin. If only the likes of Faith No More or Rammstein were popular enough with Free Radio and the sheeple. They'd rip the arse off Wembley.

Some of Coldplays early stuff was great, but they're very uninspiring I agree.

But I've heard that the live shows are something of an event, great fun by all accounts with audience participation of some sort.

Never been myself though.

Snore play ..

Rammstein were amazing last week and rumour of

Papa Roach , 5 finger death punch & shinedown doing Wembley !

Seen shinedown 3 times now and they will nail Wembley .

Coldplay live? Feck dat. That must be duller than listening to Chris Martin talk.

I learnt a long time ago that you should never disregard anything K-Hod, especially because the popular consensus is it's simply 'Not cool'

Maybe so Gav, I just can't imagine them being any fun live....

I've been to hundreds of gigs, and very few are 'fun' you go to sing the songs with thousands of others usually.

Coldplay apparently add another dimension, been told Muse do the same, but I take your point, they're a bit dull, although 'The scientist, Yellow and Clocks' stand up as quality tracks.

Edited by Gav

I saw coldplay during the tour of their 2nd album and it was a great gig/show, somce then theyve just become crap and pander more to American audiences.

Seem to remember them playing the Breezeblock, I almost went, but as you say they've become pretty cr@p in recent years.

Music for middle aged women, that don't usually 'do music' as someone recently pointed out!

Controversial, but I see what they mean.

For the first time since 2005 I won't be at Glastonbury this year - see the cycling thread for the reason. This year would have been my 10th.

It's quite unlike any other festival and for me the music these days is a side show, certainly on the main stages. Never mind, I'll be back next year.

Never liked em to be honest...there's only one God !

OZZY

The Download crowd in general were strange (possibly too many 'scene kids' and internet fans at festivals these days?) as there were a lot of people complaining about the head-liners - including Sabbath.

One thing people do forget is that Ozzy is 67 FFS! (probably with a body age 10 years older than that). He is literally a pensioner whose jump kicking days are well over. I'm not sure what people expected.

Edited by Husky