BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 13:12, Gav said:

The reason for this completely off the cuff statement is I've just dug out loads of my old music in various formats and REM's 'Reckoning' - 'Lifes rich pageant' - 'Murmur' haven't been off since i repatriated them. 

3 of the finest records ever made. The 25th Anniversary editions of Murmur and Reckoning both have an extra live CD of concerts from around that time. Both excellent.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought the young lass Grace from Bburn who came second on x-factor deserves a mention.

Credit to the town, genuine girl and family, and put the town on the map for the right reasons.

Well done Grace.

Don't watch it, however I did catch her first audition, thought she's quite 'posh' for a Blackburner, or 'well spoken' as me Grandma would say... oh she lives in Langho, fair enough!

Watched it again on Saturday just to see the Catherdal Quarter in all its glory beamed across the nation, all of a sudden it was

'Who wants to go t'pub?'

'Areight Black-b'n!'

:D

• Like 2

Peter Kay has cancelled all 100 nights of his upcoming tour for "family reasons".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-kay-cancels-first-tour-11687075?service=responsive

If you've got tickets, now begins the long slog to get your money back :mad: Luckily for me it was just a one-off splurge and not a Christmas prezzie for the missus, like I know a lot of people will have done. Poor buggers are now gonna have to go out and brave the hoards of shoppers and buy something else! :laughing::lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Bluetones were fantastic at KGH last night. Mark Morriss gives great banter between songs and the sound was as tight as a drum. Best moment though was when a broad Lancashire accent shouted 'That were reet bloody good' after Solomon bites the worm - Morriss and the rest of the band cracked up...as did the rest of us.

Saw Noel Gallagher's HFB in Houston in March - luckily over here he's not that well known so it was at the House Of Blues which is a pretty small venue, certainly way smaller than the arenas he's probably doing back home.  Great gig, but definitely a more restrained audience than for his brother .... and yes, the French woman playing the scissors was there :)

Also recently went to see Jean-Michel Jarre here in Dallas, who - even though I wouldn't call myself a fan - was excellent.  It was in a smallish theatre (prob about 2000 capacity) and even then was less than half full - I guess he's just not that well known over here.  The light/laser show was unreal, and for a guy of 69 so was his energy!  A couple of weeks later he was at Coachella, probably playing to a small crowd of hipsters ;)

A few days later, also in Dallas, we saw Foo Fighters who were - as usual - brilliant.  I've seen them 6 times now and you can pretty much guarantee that it's gonna be a good gig every time.  Dave Grohl strikes me as someone who is exactly the same on as off stage - would be a top guy to go for a few beers with no doubt.

Last Thursday, was in San Francisco and saw Liam Gallagher & Richard Ashcroft in a double headline performance.  LG was great - the usual bluster, anger, attitude and a great mix of the best of his solo album and classic Oasis tracks (Rock 'n' Roll Star, Morning Glory, Supersonic, Slide Away, Cigarettes & Alcohol).  Ashcroft did an acoustic set and it was incredible - what a voice - proper 'hairs on the back of your neck' stuff.  Good mix of The Verve classics/solo tracks, plus a cover of Little Red Corvette thrown in for good measure.  The venue (The Masonic) was also top notch - a great night!

Got Hooky doing both JD and NO substance albums in Dallas next week, then Royal Blood (also in Dallas) early June.  Oh and got tickets for Arctic Monkeys in October - love their previous stuff but listened to their new album and I'm still unsure about it .....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

I'm going to Parklife on Sunday, I initially got my ticket just because of Jamie XX, but turns out there are loads of other bands I'll be keen to watch.

House music wise- Jamie XX, Four Tet, Bicep, Carl Cox, then otherwise- Everything Everything, Chvrches and Skepta. I might just give Liam Gallagher a pass.....

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I'm going to Parklife on Sunday, I initially got my ticket just because of Jamie XX, but turns out there are loads of other bands I'll be keen to watch.

House music wise- Jamie XX, Four Tet, Bicep, Carl Cox, then otherwise- Everything Everything, Chvrches and Skepta. I might just give Liam Gallagher a pass.....

Decent line-up there (apart from shite like Whatsapp Ricky ;)), I would definitely go and see The XX and Sampha too.  I've seen Everything Everything 3 times and they've been great every time.  As for Liam, love or loathe the man - as a live performer he's still a must-see.  Seen him twice over here in the last 12 months and he was superb both times.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, MarkBRFC71 said:

Decent line-up there (apart from shite like Whatsapp Ricky ;)), I would definitely go and see The XX and Sampha too.  I've seen Everything Everything 3 times and they've been great every time.  As for Liam, love or loathe the man - as a live performer he's still a must-see.  Seen him twice over here in the last 12 months and he was superb both times.

I’m only there on the Sunday tbh, so I’ve got to miss who you mentioned sadly! 

I’ve smashed Sampha’s album out a lot so that’s disappointing to miss!

Though I did see The XX last year and it was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to. Sensational.

Edited by K-Hod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to see The Vapors last night in a tiny venue called The Bungalow in Paisley. An excellent live band. They are most famous for Turning Japanese in 1980 and their lead guitarist, Ed Bazalgette, has directed Poldark, Casualty, Doctor Who and Eastenders in his time.

First saw them supporting The Jam at KGH in 1979, they were fabulous then and still are now. Well worth catching a show if they are playing anywhere near you!

Vapors3.jpeg

• Like 1

Not a big fan of music or concerts but we went to Stuttgart last weekend to watch the Rolling Stones. Didn’t really know what to expect but those old timers were really very good. Surprised myself with how many songs I knew.

For blokes predominantly in their 70s I bet they could give some of the young uns of today a run for their money. 

On 05/07/2018 at 19:38, matt83 said:

Not a big fan of music or concerts but we went to Stuttgart last weekend to watch the Rolling Stones. Didn’t really know what to expect but those old timers were really very good. Surprised myself with how many songs I knew.

For blokes predominantly in their 70s I bet they could give some of the young uns of today a run for their money. 

I went to see them at Old Trafford last month, thought they were excellent. I first saw them in 1973 and they have become more polished over the years. With a combined age of nearly 300 you never know if it will be the last time you get to see them.

Going to see Paul Simon on his farewell tour in Manchester on Tuesday.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Moderation Lead

A bit of shameless self-promotion....

But I’m djing at SoBar in Clitheroe a week on Saturday. Doing indie, but as it’s Mod fest and my first night there, I’ll perhaps adjust what I play depending on how many mods are in the house!!

But seriously, it would be good to see some heads from BRFCS down there! I’m on between 9pm and 130am.

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/10/2018 at 14:27, K-Hod said:

I saw the other day it was over £100 to watch Metallica who are way past their best and that's bad enough, but over £200! Christ alive!

Metallica's new album is fooking awesome. Saw them at the MEN last year, got tickets for them at the Etihad too. They're far from past their best in my opinion, in fact I'd say they're better than ever.

£200 for the Eagles can fuck right off though.