BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Went to the Dylan gig Saturday. He did come on around 7:40 and there was a congestion getting to the seats! Fantastic gig, Bob was definitely in good form. Just to be picky, and it's not just Dylan, why do some artists feel the need to re do some of the older songs? I like Tangled up in blue like the 1974 version! Also there was no interaction with the crowd. This is being picky! I came out feeling in awe that i had just seen a legend and he did some great songs! You will enjoy Gav!

Dylan lost his voice in the 80's and had to learn to sing again. He probably can't sing the 1974 version anymore but has reworked it.

GAV theatre says Dylan on stage at 7.40 but he came on at 7.32. I'll say no more because this is different and I don't want to spoil it.

Thanks Paul

Ackroyd I've been watching Bob Dylan off and on for 40 plus years since 1969 - Isle of Wight - and for me one of great joys is not knowing what you're going to hear - he constantly reworks the music. One of my favourites was Earls Court in 1978 when virtually every song was hugely different from the original. Listen to the Live at Budokan album to get my meaning, I'm sure you have already. Slept on the pavement in Leeds Headrow for two nights to get that ticket, the web is wonderful!!

Since Modern Times I think his music has evolved fantastically and he's producing probably the best music, as opposed to lyrics, of his career. From any artists view it must be incredibly boring to be expected to produce the same performance of a song today as 40 years ago so the need to rework it is to me very understandable. Like everyone else I could have written a set list and style that would have been my ideal but not one Dylan would have performed.

I was just delighted to get the same feeling of huge excitement and a little tearfulness on Friday at 59 as I did when I was 15 years old. So as the great man says May You Stay Forever Young.

Edited by Paul

• Backroom

If you don't know why paying £40+ to watch 'American Wrestling' is odd, then good luck to you I say :tu:

Thanks darling ;) I suppose it's not normal to go and watch your favourite tv show get recorded :/

Well colour me weird :)

Ackroyd I've been watching Bob Dylan off and on for 40 plus years since 1969 - Isle of Wight - and for me one of great joys is not knowing what you're going to hear - he constantly reworks the music. One of my favourites was Earls Court in 1978 when virtually every song was hugely different from the original. Listen to the Live at Budokan album to get my meaning, I'm sure you have already. Slept on the pavement in Leeds Headrow for two nights to get that ticket, the web is wonderful!!Since Modern Times I think his music has evolved fantastically and he's producing probably the best music, as opposed to lyrics, of his career. From any artists view it must be incredibly boring to be expected to produce the same performance of a song today as 40 years ago so the need to rework it is to me very understandable. Like everyone else I could have written a set list and style that would have been my ideal but not one Dylan would have performed. I was just delighted to get the same feeling of huge excitement and a little tearfulness on Friday at 59 as I did when I was 15 years old. So as the great man says May You Stay Forever Young.

And GAV said I was odd.....

And GAV said I was odd.....

Why Mike? Back then if you wanted a ticket for an event queuing was the only real choice unless one chanced the postal ballot.

Edited by Paul

• Backroom

Tbf Stuart, I'm also a fan of Dylan but queueing for that long? Not my thing.

You make wrestling sound easy! Try it some day, it's hard as hell. Dropping 6/7ft onto your back onto a relatively solid mat (hardly gym mats) hurts. And doing that about a dozen times in 10mins on top of various athletic jumps. Just because it's choreographed, that doesn't make it easier or less entertaining. It's essentially athletics and acting combined.

I get as much from that as I do from competitive sports like MMA or boxing (if not more because it's so OTT and ridiculous).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tom Wrigglesworth is playing Chorley Little Theatre on March 15th. I think he's on Darwen around that date as well. Should be a fun evening.

£12 ticket

Edited by Paul

He's on at the Lowry the night after. I was going to go there but maybe I'll get to Chorley instead.

edit: Just realised I'm in London on 15th as my birthday present was tickets to the reopening event at the Olympic Velodrome on the Friday night.

Edited by only2garners

• Moderation Lead

Yeah, saw them years back at a small tent at Leeds Festival, they were good!

Mostly for nostalgia watching the ska-punk tbh, not really listened to them properly for years, always good live though!

• 2 weeks later...

Motorhead have pulled their tour again (first November and now February). Lemmy clearly isn't a well guy. This is a band I've followed since 1980! Saw them for the first time at KGH in 1984 and nigh on every tour ever since.

Could be the end of an era. Not everyone's cup of tea obviously but like the Rovers they've been a constant for most of my years. Gutted!

• Like 1

Happy memories of Motörhead gigs in the late 70s and early 80s at KGH

First one I went to was in 76 or 77 in the Windsor Hall under KGH

Went home totally deaf and happy as Larry

Haven't seen them for quite a while but hope it's not the end

Think it was 1977 and they were supported by a Blackpool band that went on to become quite notorious for their political views who happened to be on the same label at the time

Motorhead have pulled their tour again (first November and now February). Lemmy clearly isn't a well guy. This is a band I've followed since 1980! Saw them for the first time at KGH in 1984 and nigh on every tour ever since.

Could be the end of an era. Not everyone's cup of tea obviously but like the Rovers they've been a constant for most of my years. Gutted!

I am gutted too! Followed them since 1977's Motorhead single (and Hawkwind before that). Hope Lemmy pulls through. Aftershock is Motorhead back to their best so there is some hope.

Saw Overkill and Bomber tours at KGH. They blew me away. Seems like yesterday. Lemmy has a pacemaker now.

I am gutted too! Followed them since 1977's Motorhead single (and Hawkwind before that). Hope Lemmy pulls through. Aftershock is Motorhead back to their best so there is some hope.

Aye!! Aftershock is really quite marvellous. Ironic really, quite life affirming. Life's a bitch ain't it?

Born to lose, live to win.