BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Glasto seems a bit pretentious to me, though I haven't been, this is simply the impression I get.

I think it seems that way because of the awful way that its portrayed by the pretentious wet blanket bbc presenters.

And mike my sister and her friends have been working at and attending glastonbury every year since the 90s(and believe me they're deffo not middle class hippies)

Edited by T J Batty Man

I think it seems that way because of the awful way that its portrayed by the pretentious wet blanket bbc presenters.

And mike my sister and her friends have been working at and attending glastonbury every year since the 90s(and believe me they're deffo not middle class hippies)

I think we can all believe you for once.

• Like 1

Lemmy is a rare breed though, he's the only one in the business that actually lives up to all the claims made by so called 'Rockers'.

Hardly unexpected as he should look like Stephen Hawking by now, but he's still one of my idols, always has been.

I know what you're saying but I think shane macgowan would be in the same bracket as Lemmy.

Not sure I'm looking forward to seeing what shape Lemmy's in

Looked a lot stronger recently judging by the Youtube footage. Last couple of years it looked like he was about to check out. They're doing quite an extensive US tour as well so that bodes well. Hopefully UK dates in December.

So, it's 8.30 BBC4. One for all the family. Remember to turn it up for best results.

Here's a new one to get you in the mood. Probably for Masterchef on BBC1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hNQxMqZLbM

• Like 1

Looked a lot stronger recently judging by the Youtube footage. Last couple of years it looked like he was about to check out. They're doing quite an extensive US tour as well so that bodes well. Hopefully UK dates in December.

So, it's 8.30 BBC4. One for all the family. Remember to turn it up for best results.

He's got a pacemaker now. Like a teenager again.

He's got a pacemaker now. Like a teenager again.

Well I wouldn't go that far! Just watched them on line. Splendid stuff. Of course Ace of Spades went down the best.

Lemmy cocked up Overkill though and started singing the AoS again. Quite unfortunate. Old age is a right pig ain't it. Still I'm confident 99% of the population would like to be capable of making such a glorious racket when they turn 70.

Nice to see Florence grooving along from the touchline! And the boy Ulrich.

Sorry Roberto but he looked a shadow of his former self.

They played Overkill to finish and he forgot what he was doing, lapsed back ino Spades then back out again.

Weirdly as Phil and Mikkey threw plectrums and drumsticks out to the crowd, he looked across the crowd like it was his swan song or something.

Don't think they've played Glasto before ??

Don't think they've played Glasto before ??

No, they definitely haven't. Hawkwind might have done? Who knows.

Enjoy them while you can, like the Napier, like Blackburn Rovers. People will moan like hell when they're gone.

Edited by bob fleming
  • Like 1

No, they definitely haven't. Hawkwind might have done? Who knows.

Enjoy them while you can, like the Napier, like Blackburn Rovers. People will moan like hell when they're gone.

Whooaa hoss, I wasn't having a go at all.

I bought Hammersmith on vinyl a hundred years ago and have seen them live loads of times !

Just looked a bit muddled, expected at 70 ffs but still a bit upsetting.

Edited by adopted scouser

Whooaa hoss, I wasn't having a go at all.

Sorry mate, I was meaning the website as a whole, wasn't trying to direct anything at you.

I had me head in my hands, thought they'd done brilliant until then. Anyway they all sound the same anyway so it doesn't really matter!

Whilst we're at it Florence and the Machine headlining? 30 years ago she wouldn't have got a gig in a pub as she can't sing! Awful voice..

Fantastic voice, unique.

Whilst she's not really my 'cup of tea' she's rocking Glastonbury, crowd are loving her, good effort.

Well I wouldn't go that far! Just watched them on line. Splendid stuff. Of course Ace of Spades went down the best.

Lemmy cocked up Overkill though and started singing the AoS again. Quite unfortunate. Old age is a right pig ain't it. Still I'm confident 99% of the population would like to be capable of making such a glorious racket when they turn 70.

Nice to see Florence grooving along from the touchline! And the boy Ulrich.

I'm recording the documentary on BBC4 about Lemmy, not seen it before, looks a good watch. Edited by GAV

Fantastic voice, unique.

Whilst she's not really my 'cup of tea' she's rocking Glastonbury, crowd are loving her, good effort.

I'm recording the documentary on BBC4 about Lemmy, not seen it before, looks a good watch.

I find it quite uncomfortable to watch mate. One thing that does resonate is that he's the real deal. His entire life has been devoted to rock n roll. Oh, and collecting german war memorabilia, Jack Daniels and chasing women. But Rock is his thing. Massive Beatles fan by the way.

As for Florence, well we're trying, but nope, just don't get it. I see the Charlatans played early doors, not one song to date has been on from what I've seen. As for the Libertines, I kinda get it but I really struggle with the fact that they're a couple of smack heads (or were). Like all the bands I like don't do drugs(!) but H seems a big part of their image. That's why Lemmy is still alive (just) and so many of his era aren't.

Hope all's good for you guys by the way down there (I make it sound like Australia!). See you at the Rovers.

caught about 30 seconds of that awful crap west, luckily I spotted they where showing suedes set on bbc4, they where excellent as usual, they're easily one of the best uk live acts to survive the 90s) brett Anderson is a proper frontman, they just don't make them that good anymore.

Kanye West was truly awful, like bad Karaoke. When he was going up in that cherry picker he was shouting 'jump', unfortunately it was to the crowd and not himself. I was hoping the fecker would get stuck and he'd have to sleep up there. Then he had the nerve to shout 'I'M THE BIGGEST ROCK STAR IN THE WORLD' at the end.

Super Furries, Suede and some band called Wolf Alice are the most enjoyable things i've seen this weekend...and Burt Bacharach, 87 years young and still more charisma than Kanye West (anag. Wankey Set)

• Like 2

I see the Charlatans played early doors, not one song to date has been on from what I've seen.

They covered 'Light My Fire'? Arf Arf. Anyway, here's a review (of sorts). Travesty the BEEB haven't shown em, the best band there by a north country mile.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/26/the-charlatans-glastonbury-2015-review-indie-everymen-good-times

Back yesterday from another wonderful week at Glastonbury - my ninth.

Reading the comments above shows what a gap there is between the perception of Glastonbury from those who have never been to the actuality of going there. Not anyone's fault but the image the media portray is the problem. The BBC coverage hasn't changed for years except that they now film a couple more stage and the website and iPlayer allows them to make more available. The shows on BBC2 every night have followed the same formula for a long time - show extended highlights of the main headliner (unless they can't) and a couple of numbers from a random selection of others on the main stages. Then a few live performances in their studio (usually the most interesting bit). Then a desperately embarrassing series of films from some third rate young BBC3 presenter about the other "wild and wacky" things that go on across the site. In truth there could easily be a three hour programme on all those which would be a lot more entertaining than most of the other coverage.

It's not helped the rest if the media, who are only interested in three things - if it's sunny, then pictures of young girls getting burnt, if it's wet then pictures of people covered in mud and then anything controversial a performer does. It used to be the traffic as well but they've pretty much sorted that out.

Meanwhile everyone who goes just gets on with having a good time in whatever way they choose, many thousands not going anywhere near the main stands and many not seeing any music at all. I spent Saturday night from 8 to 12 working in King's Meadow and talking to an amazing range of people, from the guy who drives the performers into and offsite to a guy whose job is to go round every night kicking people lying on the floor - if they move he leaves them, if not he gets the medical services in.

Anyway to the music I saw: -

Raghu Dixit - wonderful life-affirming stuff and probably the best set of the festival

The Unthanks - with a full orchestra at 11am - a first time for clog dancing on the Pyramid Stage

Songhoy Blues - excellent rock from the home of the blues

Wilko Johnson - the lazarus of rock and roll, back from the dead and still duckwalking across the stage

Goat - weird but wonderful psychedelic rock

Kate Tempest - the person to see if you think you don't like rap

FFS - a fantastic collaboration. Notable for my moment of the festival - Ron Mael disco dancing in his wellies

Lolaloop - never heard of them - found them in the Small World tent around midnight on Friday after having given up on Florence (she was OK but the crowd of @#/? up teenage girls were too irritating to last more than 3 numbers) and Lamb (not who I thought they were!)

King Creosote - as wonderful as ever on the Avalon stage

Clean Bandit - classical/pop combo with last year's biggest hit. My eldest son knows the parents of the two brothers in the band - imagine how old that makes me feel

I didn't see Lionel Ritchie or Kanye West - I was working when both were on but doubt that I would have gone anyway. Motorhead I could have seen but they're not for me (although modest claim to fame - I once had a pint with Lemmy in the Marriott in Cardiff. We were having a nightcap after a long day's work and I think he'd just got up). I would have loved to have seen Belle and Sebastian but again was working.

• Like 2