BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

It was the "Ace Up Your Sleeve" tour.

Well...

According to t'web they've played KGH 7 times. I've guessed some of the albums.

1976 and 77 - these were very early gigs, Motorhead the album no doubt then or songs that would be up on it (came out in 77)

1978 and 1979 - Bomber and Overkill came out in 79

1980 - this was the Ace Up Your Sleeve Tour - your right ODB.

1984 - No Remorse Tour. Support was from Persian Risk. I've still got a 6 foot tour poster somewhere. The loudest show I've ever been to. Possibly cause I've been slightly deaf ever since. First time I saw them.

2010 - Almost certainly the last time they'll play Blackburn. The World is Yours tour. Support was from Michael Monroe.

So they didn't play KGH in 82 apparently. That would have been the Iron Fist Tour by the way.

Right someone help me get this anorak off.

Well...

According to t'web they've played KGH 7 times. I've guessed some of the albums.

1976 and 77 - these were very early gigs, Motorhead the album no doubt then or songs that would be up on it (came out in 77)

1978 and 1979 - Bomber and Overkill came out in 79

1980 - this was the Ace Up Your Sleeve Tour - your right ODB.

1984 - No Remorse Tour. Support was from Persian Risk. I've still got a 6 foot tour poster somewhere. The loudest show I've ever been to. Possibly cause I've been slightly deaf ever since. First time I saw them.

2010 - Almost certainly the last time they'll play Blackburn. The World is Yours tour. Support was from Michael Monroe.

So they didn't play KGH in 82 apparently. That would have been the Iron Fist Tour by the way.

Right someone help me get this anorak off.

It was the Bomber Tour 1979 (ironically without the bomber lighting rig. The KGH lift was broken and they couldn't get the rig up the library lift and across the Northgate bridge) and the Ace Up Your Sleeve tour 7 November 1980 (this time with the bomber lighting rig).

Saw Motley Crue and Alice Cooper at Manchester arena recently...Def Leppard Whitesnake and Black Starr Riders on there together on 15 December 2015...Classic rock making a come back on the radio..Planet rock and Real Xs are the radio stations to tune into if you like this type of stuff..Send them your 20 fav tracks from these type of groups and they may just play an hours of it or you..Sent about 12 lists and they've.Done few of mine over last year.....They emai you if you are selected...

It was the Bomber Tour 1979 (ironically without the bomber lighting rig. The KGH lift was broken and they couldn't get the rig up the library lift and across the Northgate bridge) and the Ace Up Your Sleeve tour 7 November 1980 (this time with the bomber lighting rig).

Yes that was the one pal, I remember buying a t shirt with the dates on the back. Weren't a band called "Limelight" supporting?

• Moderation Lead

Anyone else got New Order tickets for WHP Manchester?

And any reports from the Liverpool? Heard to Brixton Academy gigs were top drawer.

Tried without success :(

Hope you have a grand time, I slept on getting tickets like a goon!

Going on the Sunday. Love the new album by the way. Mate of mine went to Liverpool, said it was a really varied set. I've seen the set list. It's new order! Then A couple of JD songs and potentially blue Monday at the end. They were playing Lonesome Tonight the other week!

• Like 1

Going on the Sunday. Love the new album by the way. Mate of mine went to Liverpool, said it was a really varied set. I've seen the set list. It's new order! Then A couple of JD songs and potentially blue Monday at the end. They were playing Lonesome Tonight the other week!

Sunday will be a good night with A Certain Ratio supporting. a Factory Revival Night!

Edited by BlueMonday

Thanks for that Bob, I had absolutely no idea.

I'm looking forward to it. I know I'll upset a few now as I also have tickets for Hooky and the Light next September. Seen them about 4 or 5 times now and despite what you may think about Hooky, they certainly put on a good live show.

Thanks for that Bob, I had absolutely no idea.

I'm looking forward to it. I know I'll upset a few now as I also have tickets for Hooky and the Light next September. Seen them about 4 or 5 times now and despite what you may think about Hooky, they certainly put on a good live show.

I'm with you on that one Ricky. Never got to see Joy Division live, but listening to Hooky & The Light doing JD is as close as you'll get. When New Order do JD it just sounds like New Order doing JD. It's a great night, seen them 4 times myself. It's a shame they've fallen out so badly.

Great Gig from Barney and the boys/girls last night. Good mix of old, new and some remixes. A much more polished act than they were in the 80's when I first saw them, but the new bass player is no Hooky replacement.

Watch your ears if you get up the front. Sound System is brutally loud. My ears are still ringing!

• Like 1

Just got back from another cracking Courteeners gig, opening night at The Apollo and they didn't disappoint.

Just one gripe and its not Courteeners related really, why do venues think it's acceptable to sell warm cheap canned larger at extortionate prices?

Yes it sells, yes the mark ups fantastic for the seller but the customer experience is poor, really poor, why not sell decent beer at fair prices?

• 2 weeks later...