BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Saw Springsteen at the Etihad last night. Awesome as ever. I think it's pretty clear this is the last tour so if you can find a ticket don't miss it.

• Like 2

Saw Springsteen at the Etihad last night. Awesome as ever. I think it's pretty clear this is the last tour so if you can find a ticket don't miss it.

Couldn't make it this time for obvious reasons, but went last time he played Etihad and it was without doubt the best concert I've ever been too.

The rendition of 'Land of hope and dreams' alone was worth the admission price.

They don't make me like Bruce anymore sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

Ferocious Dogs are brilliant, looking forward to seeing them again at some point this year. Saw them a bit since in dingleville at the mechanics. Excellent night!

I would really object to paying good money to see them TBH. Saw them 2 years ago at Rebellion and they were horrendous. Set full of 8 minute long boring dirges of ol' Johnny ranting. The Empress ballroom was full at the start of their set, by the end it was barely a 1/4 full.

Right bacup!

I watched "straight out of compton" the other day, brilliant film(definitely should have won an oscar) made me remember how good rap was originally(before it became completely clichéd) n.w.a and a lot of that stuff reminded me a of the music that was coming out of the rave scene and Manchester scenes over here at that time(80s early 90s) really fresh, simply(but ingeniously) produced records that really represented the feelings of the struggling and oppressed under classes and lower working classes at the time.

Edited by T J Hooker

Rap and hip hop these days is generally utter she height. When Drake is the biggest name out there then you know there is problems. There's been a surge in that weird hipster rap like Tyler the Creator etc too. The only great current active acts out at the moment I'd say are Kendrick Lamar (though a recent album started touching on the hipster element and not listened to his untitled release), Schoolboy Q and Chance the Rapper.

I still regularly listen to DMX, Outkast, Cypress Hill, Wu Tang and Eminem (in terms of mainstream acts), can't stick most of the current stuff.

In before K-Hod preaches De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest!

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Rap and hip hop these days is generally utter she height. When Drake is the biggest name out there then you know there is problems. There's been a surge in that weird hipster rap like Tyler the Creator etc too. The only great current active acts out at the moment I'd say are Kendrick Lamar (though a recent album started touching on the hipster element and not listened to his untitled release), Schoolboy Q and Chance the Rapper.

I still regularly listen to DMX, Outkast, Cypress Hill, Wu Tang and Eminem (in terms of mainstream acts), can't stick most of the current stuff.

In before K-Hod preaches De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest!

You are right mate to be fair.

Eminem's very early stuff is decent, but I was never keen on anything post 2nd album really.......Some good stuff exists out there currently, it just needs unearthing.

When they refer to the mid 90s as the 'golden age' in hip-hop they were spot on.

this time tomorrow im hoping my erection was good and fully complete with all the relevant flaps fastened down and aunty stella and uncle jack going down smoothly.

Leave the phone at home! Or save the battery so you can find the lads in the arena ;)

Primal Scream cancelled Beat Herder festival due Bobby Gillespies fall, can't be helped but if I was going I'd be right peed off at that, they're the main headline act.

Loving the new Roses song - it really is a Beautiful Thing! Much better than All For One. Gutted that I can't get to the Etihad gigs next week - hope they make it further west in the USA than New York but I'm not hopeful. Will have to live on the memories of Spike Island and Heaton Park .... unless I can convince the mrs that a trip to NYC is justified ....

It would have been drier after a gazebo went thru tent!!

What an amazing few days / nights too many bands to name but let's say Ozzy and Bruce nailed it ! Special mention sixxam they took download by the balls !!!!!!

Burnt to crisp , soaked to skin , blisters , too many beers and mud like you have never seen . Gazebo from somewhere blew and ripped hole in tent and let's say it was a bit wet inside and my stuff floated , would I change it would I hell what a download !!!!!

• Like 1

hi

I've never particularly been a fan of Meatloaf but I hope he's okay. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36556844

love meatloaf, great showman and a real charecter(not many of those left in the music industry) i thought he'd retired though, its not the first time hes collapsed at a show, hope he recovers well, he shouldnt be perfoeming thw way he does at his age, he reallt puts everythinf into it.