BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Abbey (and anyone else going download 2017) you're in luck with Biffy Clyro playing download next year, saw them in Manchester last night and they were absolutely fantastic

Edited by LewisF

Saw Amadou and Mariam at the Liverpool Phil last night - totally wonderful. Amadou must be one of the world's great guitarists currently playing.

Don't forget Jamie Thyer & The Worried Men. Check him out at Colne R&B. One of the last great axemen alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6N0w66LSkE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmAHEuBVh2U

Edited by MCMC1875

I've just had an email re a Paul Weller concert at King George's Hall on 8th April - on pre-sale from Thursday and open sale from Friday. Tickets a steep £39.

Not one for me but i would imagine some of you will be interested. In any case for me my son's getting married that day!

I've just had an email re a Paul Weller concert at King George's Hall on 8th April - on pre-sale from Thursday and open sale from Friday. Tickets a steep £39.

Not one for me but i would imagine some of you will be interested. In any case for me my son's getting married that day!

They are describing it as a UK tour but every single gig is in England................

Been to two gigs in the last week or so - Jim Bob (of Carter USM fame) last Thursday at Darwen Library Theatre and Pixies at Manchester Apollo last Sunday.

The former played a fantastic acoustic set interspersed with amusing anecdotes in between songs. It was a real pleasure to be there (only a tenner a ticket) especially in such an intimate venue and fair play to the guy afterwards came for photos in the foyer area.

Pixies were on stage for 110 minutes - no introduction, no waffle between songs just relentless hard and fast rock n roll. There were blokes of 60+ pogoing at the side of the seats. Loved it.

Went to the shiiine on weekender at Butlins, Minehead in early November and, yet again, had a great time. Highlights musically were The Bluetones and Shed Seven who played back to back on the Saturday night. Rick Witter is an absolute star and a proper front man.

Other quality performances were from The Wonder Stuff and Jesus Jones - the latter shunted into a Sunday afternoon slot. Watched Black Grape on the Sunday night who were quite appalling as Shaun Ryder really couldn't be arsed and decided to shout his way through it. In reality they should've swapped slots with the excellent Jesus Jones.

It's a great atmosphere there with 6,500 like minded people all there for the same thing - no aggro - just appreciating the music.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was in the gym t'other day and a music channel was on one of the TVs.

What's hapenned to music videos? All looked like low budget affairs, mainly just graphics, with the lyrics of the songs plastered across the screen.

Is this down to the fact that kids today just stream?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

I've been to a couple (Bloc Party/The XX) and have a couple more good gigs lined up recently. (Future Islands and The Cribs)

I went to watch The XX on Sunday at the Apollo (Manchester) and they were sensational. Jamie XX is a genius and it's refreshing to see such a modest band that don't realise just how good they are.

Jamie XX (who does a lot of solo dance stuff) has about £10k worth of kit kicking around and makes some unreal visuals, sounds etc. For me, they're one of my favourite bands as they bring together the best of modern music production and traditional stuff. But they're just great. 3 albums deep and remarkably consistent. (I'll stop geeking out now!)

Edited by K-Hod

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2017 at 2:11 PM, K-Hod said:

I've been to a couple (Bloc Party/The XX) and have a couple more good gigs lined up recently. (Future Islands and The Cribs)

I went to watch The XX on Sunday at the Apollo (Manchester) and they were sensational. Jamie XX is a genius and it's refreshing to see such a modest band that don't realise just how good they are.

Jamie XX (who does a lot of solo dance stuff) has about £10k worth of kit kicking around and makes some unreal visuals, sounds etc. For me, they're one of my favourite bands as they bring together the best of modern music production and traditional stuff. But they're just great. 3 albums deep and remarkably consistent. (I'll stop geeking out now!)

Good to hear, am going to see them in Dallas at the beginning of May.  Been wanting to see them live for years but have never managed to align everything - weird that it took moving from Lancashire to Texas to do it!

• Moderation Lead
28 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

Good to hear, am going to see them in Dallas at the beginning of May.  Been wanting to see them live for years but have never managed to align everything - weird that it took moving from Lancashire to Texas to do it!

You'll not be disappointed, believe me!

• Like 1