BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

Pulps Different Class was 25yrs old yesterday - seems like yesterday. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/pulps-legendary-different-class-album-25-today-heres-story-behind-it-3019852

Don’t see eye to eye on everything but I love that album . Pulp live are a joy . If you have blocked me that’s a shame , it goes to show we can’t all see eye to eye on everything 

Typical of Paul Weller. Spends 30 odd years telling anyone who will listen that he would never reform The Jam (and rightly so) and then goes and contributes to the excellent documentary on The Style Council by - guess what - reforming The Style Council (albeit just for one song but it was still a fantastic moment).

Not sure how his current wife took to seeing his ex wife with him in his recording studio though....

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

Was never really a Weller fan but the documentary on Sky Arts at the weekend "About the young idea" was superb stuff.

Hardly surprising he wanted out at the time, hard to believe how hard working they were. 2 albums a year plus all the touring and promo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Was never really a Weller fan but the documentary on Sky Arts at the weekend "About the young idea" was superb stuff.

Hardly surprising he wanted out at the time, hard to believe how hard working they were. 2 albums a year plus all the touring and promo. 

He still works very hard these days mate, he’s a very driven bloke. I haven’t liked everything he’s  done by a long chalk but we are lucky to have him and his last 3 or 4 albums have been incredible for a guy his age.

• 2 weeks later...

My musical hero has always been my namesake, Elvis Costello. Saw him at the City Hall here in Sheffield just before the first lockdown and he had the place rocking. I reckon it was one of the best shows I've ever seen him put on  - and I've been watching him live since I used to see him at the old Hammersmith Palais (RIP) back in the early 1980's.

New album out later this month

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elvis Biro said:

My musical hero has always been my namesake, Elvis Costello. Saw him at the City Hall here in Sheffield just before the first lockdown and he had the place rocking. I reckon it was one of the best shows I've ever seen him put on  - and I've been watching him live since I used to see him at the old Hammersmith Palais (RIP) back in the early 1980's.

New album out later this month

Elvis and Weller easily the best two British artists to emerge from the ‘punk’ era. Some might add Sting as a third one but he’s not in the same league as them for consistently churning out quality records and gigs. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, Gav said:

Booked this for next year, local to us, decent lineup.

Working men’s club are a decent listen, local band, for local people.

38B5236F-2CC3-4203-9900-3C3CBB34EF43.jpeg

Working Mens Club are very good, saw them the other week. It’s a good festival is Tramlines, went a few years back.

• 4 months later...

Just been told Liam Gallagher is playing at King Georges Hall April 27th, Gary Aspen the Adidas chap has played a part in bringing him to Blackburn.

Liam is filling stadiums currently, so its a real coup from Blackburn.

• Like 2

On 19/04/2022 at 10:18, Gav said:

Just been told Liam Gallagher is playing at King Georges Hall April 27th, Gary Aspen the Adidas chap has played a part in bringing him to Blackburn.

Massive coup for king Georges(and the town) I registered for the raffle but they've been promoting it heavily since it was announced so I think chances of winning a pair of tkts will be very very slim.

King Georges hall is such a great venue for live music it's a shame that they don't get many other top quality bands/singers in apart from mainly tribute acts and irrelevant old bands/singers! Always been a firm fixture on the Comedy circuit for top acts though.

I do have tkts for Liam Gallagher down at Knebworth this summer tough, But that wouldn't even compare to being able to see him at a far more intimate  venue in my hometown though, I don't think even Oasis ever played in blackburn (even when they were just starting out)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

On 19/04/2022 at 10:18, Gav said:

Is that before or after his double hip replacement...🙄 

On 23/04/2022 at 00:41, Armchair supporter supremo said:

King Georges hall is such a great venue for live music it's a shame that they don't get many other top quality bands/singers in apart from mainly tribute acts and irrelevant old bands/singers! Always been a firm fixture on the Comedy circuit for top acts though.

One old singer/songwriter who was in the best band in the fucking world back in the day (who regularly plays KGH, including the other week, and has done for 44 years) has just completed a sold out tour of the UK on the back of two number one albums released during lockdown. I'm sure you didn't mean him ASS? 😉

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

One old singer/songwriter who was in the best band in the fucking world back in the day (who regularly plays KGH, including the other week, and has done for 44 years) has just completed a sold out tour of the UK on the back of two number one albums released during lockdown. I'm sure you didn't mean him ASS? 😉

I'll be in a minority of 1, but I'm chuffed they've got Saxon on later this year. 😁

• Like 3