BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Err, Right ?? After London Calling then what ?

I take it you haven't listened to much of their music then? :rolleyes: Ignore the commercial hits,the lesser known tunes were far better.

A superb band with plenty of varying styles coupled with fantastic songwriting that influenced bands such as R.E.M, U2, Greenday,Foo fighters Arctic Monkeys etc.

The reference of them being the "only band that mattered" was a promotional slogan by their record label at the time as opposed to Nelsta's personal opinion.They certainly wipe the floor with any of the X-Factor type kean that's peddled out theses days that's for sure!

Ach! I'm absolutely gutted. Never happened as it turned out, as I suspected, I'm in that London with work overnight. Enjoy A.S.

Do yourself a favour, after the first 2 or 3 songs get 'em to turn it up.

I like the fact that they are so understated. Shame you're not there pal, was gonna buy you a pint.

All questions from tomorrow morning will get the response 'eh ?'

Saw Jack White at the Empress Ballroom last night - fantastic. All female band (The Peacocks) who were superb, and he played stuff right through his back catalogue from The White Stripes, through the Raconteurs and Dead Weather to his solo stuff. Great venue too, looked to have been done up since last time I went. Great night all round!

Saw Jack White at the Empress Ballroom last night - fantastic. All female band (The Peacocks) who were superb, and he played stuff right through his back catalogue from The White Stripes, through the Raconteurs and Dead Weather to his solo stuff. Great venue too, looked to have been done up since last time I went. Great night all round!

+100 yea it was a great gig! Missed the support though.

Motorhead delivered as usual. No 'Bomber' but 'Going to Brazil' was a blast. Phil and his green neon guitar was sight to behold.

Anthrax ? Amazing drummer but the lead singer was straight out of the 80's

Quick question, do Motorhed still play R.A.M.O.N.E.S.? it always seems to amaze me that the song never really gets a great reception.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody listened to Jake Buggs album, best debut from a uk musician ive heard since Definitely Maybe(its more folky/country/indie/rocknroll than oasis's flat out indie rocknroll though), stunning.

Talented lad, cross between Dylan and Merseybeat.

Off to see Couteeners on Friday in Manchester and PULP on Saturday in Sheffield, looking forward to it.