BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

This is a Bolton win.

Simply, it's a must win for them and a tidal wave of emotion and passion will sweep them to a 3-1 win with Davies coming back to haunt us with a brace.

Also, they will be much fresher than we are !

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As said in another thread I'll take a draw in this one, it would be sweet poetry if we could be the one's to put a nail in the Plastic Mancs coffin though, and also to avenge that dreadful home defeat earlier in the season.

Am glad Muamba is making a full recovery and feel for him and his team for the scare they suffered but it doesn't cover my dislike for Bolton and I hope they get relegated and disappear into oblivion.

The 'Muamba' effect is one that can go both ways. What people seem to have missed is that the manager and the players from Bolton have spent an inordinate amount of time in London this week, and reasonably so. This travel, coupled with the lack of training, will have a negative effect upon the players and add to that the likelihood of being 'too pumped up' I do believe that we will get the 3 points and almost secure our position.

• Backroom

I really dont think a draw is a "good" result. It will be OK cause it keeps gap with Bolton but the value of 3 points is that we'll be 8 points ahead of them. That's virtually 3 wins for them. This is the most valuable game for us between every game remaining. We can stay up on back of it or potentially be in a tight battle with Bolton and QPR by the end of the day.

A win is the ideal result.

A draw is still a good result IMO as it means Bolton gain no ground on us. They'll consider this match one of if not the best opportunity to do that. If we had not beaten Sunderland I would agree that a draw wouldn't be enough, but I think we'd have all taken 4 points from Sunderland/Bolton if they were offered.

A draw away from home against a battling club would be a good result.

I don't see how anyone would think different.

I am in no doubt we are capable of a win, but things don't always go to plan and this one is so hard to predict.

A draw would be an acceptable result. Team should stay the same for third game in a row. Bench looking quite strong now with Givet, Orr and Dunn giving us solid experienced options.

Quite like the side we have now. Our fullbacks are still suspect defensively, but our centrebacks seem a good partnership while we are giving much better cover from the midfield. Yak and Hoilett are a genuinely dangerous combination who work off each other well. Olssons and Formica are decent attacking players too. As a whole the unit looks like it has good balance, a lot of pace, some genuine flair. Both Yak and Hoilett are scoring. Suddenly we look a competant team.

To me the importance of this game has fluctuated all week:

Before we beat Sunderland it was a must win.

After our win and before QPR beat Liverpool, a defeat would have been fine.

But now I agree with those saying its a must not lose, we have to maintain this gap our recent form has built up. Playing as well as we have recently and then still finding ourselves only 3 points above the drop would be a blow to morale.

• Moderation Lead

Word has it that no beer will be sold inside the ground on saturday

It bloody better had be! Are there any away pubs nearby? I've always gone in the ground...

Plus, Chelski and Spuds is on at lunch time, could do with a watch!

Seems weird it's only away fans, if that's the case.

Did they stipulate why?

Its bloody stupid to be honest as its just encouraging fans to stay in the pub longer before the game, turn up late and potentially cause problems.

Wheres the logic?

It bloody better had be! Are there any away pubs nearby? I've always gone in the ground...

Plus, Chelski and Spuds is on at lunch time, could do with a watch!

The Beehive is an away pub but gets crowded. We will probably end up in The Greenwood Arms - its a home pub but quite laid back.

The Beehive is an away pub but gets crowded. We will probably end up in The Greenwood Arms - its a home pub but quite laid back.

Don't bother with Greenwood, it has been closed a few months now..

Greenwood is derelict Roost.

Bloody 'Ell - Cheers Ozz!

Looks like I will be taking a water bottle filled up with vodka, will just buy soft drinks during half time and top up with my spirits!!

You normally take a vodka bottle filled with water :D

Bloody 'Ell - Cheers Ozz!

You normally take a vodka bottle filled with water :D

Indeed I do Pete!!! More of an excuse to on Sat though now. Anyone wanting one I will be selling a double vodka for £2 just buy your own soft drink!!! haha :brfcsmilie:

just had a brows on the Bolton forum and they are papping their pant about coming up against Hoilett & Yakubu

Archived