BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw this might be interesting because I understand the club have asked for help from Blackburn Tech to survey, identify and provide info on why people are not renewing and from what age and background. :rolleyes: No doubt someone is bricking at the thought of having to explain away the abject failure of the new regime to Joan Desai.

Sums up everything that is wrong with our club at the moment from top to bottom...total ignorance/denial of the situation.

I would be very surprised if it was the 'before cash' fans who didn't renew, and in particular, my fellow fans who grew up watching the 2nd and 3rd Division stuff. Surely we can stand back and think, 'I've seen us in much worse positions than this'?

I understand, and feel the same, regarding the owners, administration and team management, and have maintained Rovers feels like a club with no soul under Venky ownership.

I would've thought the younger fans would be less inclined to renew as they have grown up with relatively huge success.

I began in the Kendal/Saxton era. Seen some grim times but enjoyed it more than now. I could accept relegation no problem but not when it's been brought about by the wilful maladministration of the club. Won't renew till at least Kean has gone.

The club have made a point if stating only 1 week left for early bird prices, I fully expect a massive hike in prices after that, just cant see them extending it,

What's your definition of 'massive'.

I've heard between 10% & 15% dependent upon where you sit - can you confirm ?

• Backroom

The club have made a point if stating only 1 week left for early bird prices, I fully expect a massive hike in prices after that, just cant see them extending it,

It would make a lot of sense to extend it, considering it's incredibly early to ask people to make up their minds next year and by almost all accounts sales have been massively disappointing thus far.

As we all know, however, Venky's don't do logic so I fully expect prices to go up as well.

I fully expect a massive hike in prices after that, just cant see them extending it,

You wouldn't put it past them would you, they're thick as 2 short planks, so expect a price hike and sales to fall below 6k come kick off next season.

You wouldn't put it past them would you, they're thick as 2 short planks, so expect a price hike and sales to fall below 6k come kick off next season.

Gav - this is one of the most ill conceived strategies I've come across, if you can call it a strategy.

IMO, it smacks of one thing, desperation for cash and, so far, it seems to have spectacularly back fired with renewals last week rumoured to be less than 1,000.

Whatever they do next, they've backed themselves into a corner.

Given all the reminders received over the last few days, emails, text meesages, postal etc, any remaining credibility will be shot at if they don't put up prices and, if they do action a 'significant' price increase (and it has to be otherwise what the hell was 'early bird' all about), we can only imagine the impact on sales.

If we go down, I honestly can't see more than 3,000 tickets being sold, stay-up and we might just approach your 6,000.

IMO, supporters detest Venky's and Kean and an overwhelming majority will keep their hard earned brass in their pockets or spend it on something else. Mine has already been spent !!!

Kept out of this thread for obvious reasons as no longer a season ticket holder, but been very interested in reading peoples views on renewing or not renewing.

Phoned home a few times this last couple of week (birthdays anniversary's etc ) so got a perspective of close family and friends regarding season tickets.

Aunt & Uncle both in their 60's following Rovers for 40 +years not renewing until Kean's gone, they have also not attended the last couple of home matches.

Two cousins in their 40's nearly 50 years following rovers home and away between them,not renewing and not going again till Kean & Venky's gone, although one of them did attend latest protest march and when got to ground went home and will go to away matches.

Also spoke to a couple of Lads used to go to matches home and away with since the very early 80's, neither renewing but will go to sporadic home matches to "give Kean and Venky's s***" will still be going to away matches.

Does this not make them Rovers supporters ? Because I can assure you these are ardent rovers supporters they just do not want to show any support for Kean's and Venky's destruction of the club.

Perthblueo2 - the feelings in your post are, I believe, replicated across thousands.

I was picking-up similar vibes months ago.

This isn't a 'hiccup' but a major, major problem for Rovers and, IMO and experience, the Rovers' brand has been hugely damaged. In fact I would so far as to say that it's, again IMO, irreparable whilst both Venky's and Kean have any association with our club.

It isn't just S.T. sales that will suffer but other commercial income streams (shirt sponsorship, corporate boxes etc) will continue to fall dramatically.

It will be one helluva task to turn our club around now.

Agree Mercerman, My Aunt & Uncle not renewing and not going was totally unexpected, had many friendly rows with them in the past about various players at Rovers, but they are the kind of people who would not hear anything bad said about the club or any player in a blue and white shirt.

They were the epitome of wearing rose tinted spectacles concerning Rovers, sadly not anymore. In one respect it's quite annoying cause they were easy to buy presents for, anything with Rovers on :D

strange how people believe what they want, when told, on here...

So because thenodrog has been lead to believe something, all of a sudden its taken as gospel -

Cos I'm normally bang on FernhurstRover. :tu:

Just like I was when I warned against your Pune Jolly remember. You lot wouldn't have it at the time that you were being set up would you? :rolleyes:

I don't post on here very often. I have wrestled with the renew or not question for some time now. Have decided to renew for both my son and myself. I am not an acolyte of either Kean or Venky's. But I considered the first line of the chant. 'Forever and ever we'll follow our team'. I am a supporter of Blackburn Rovers not the incumbent owner/manager. I just cant get it that some people seem to get self gratification by how few season tickets the Club seem to be selling. How would I feel come some dark November afternoon, Rovers are playing at home and I am sat at home with nothing to do. Pretty guilty would be my description. The question is can we influence policy best from the inside or outside. Probably cheapest season tickets in the Football League we are hardly being ripped off are we.

I don't post on here very often. I have wrestled with the renew or not question for some time now. Have decided to renew for both my son and myself. I am not an acolyte of either Kean or Venky's. But I considered the first line of the chant. 'Forever and ever we'll follow our team'. I am a supporter of Blackburn Rovers not the incumbent owner/manager. I just cant get it that some people seem to get self gratification by how few season tickets the Club seem to be selling. How would I feel come some dark November afternoon, Rovers are playing at home and I am sat at home with nothing to do. Pretty guilty would be my description. The question is can we influence policy best from the inside or outside. Probably cheapest season tickets in the Football League we are hardly being ripped off are we.

agree with you on this one ,have supported the team all my life (40 years+) will continue to do so,what ever division we are in ,not happy with what is happening to the club but that will never stop me supporting 'my team', some people forget were we came from in the 70's to now ,not everybody started supporting them in the 90's!!

• Backroom

Whilst your simple RTID ideaology may work for you... for others it's a lot more complex. There's no right or wrong decision and no fan should be critisising another for the choice they make regarding season tickets. There are perfectly valid reasons for renewing, and even more for not renewing.

Judge not, lest ye be judged, pal.

Whilst your simple RTID ideaology may work for you... for others it's a lot more complex. There's no right or wrong decision and no fan should be critisising another for the choice they make regarding season tickets. There are perfectly valid reasons for renewing, and even more for not renewing.

Judge not, lest ye be judged, pal.

Are you saying I don't understand the complexities that's pretty insulting. Everybody makes their own decision, fine. I just don't get the luxuriating that ticket sales are low. I'm not judging anyone and I'm not your pal.

agree with you on this one ,have supported the team all my life (40 years+) will continue to do so,what ever division we are in ,not happy with what is happening to the club but that will never stop me supporting 'my team', some people forget were we came from in the 70's to now ,not everybody started supporting them in the 90's!!

Here, Here! Fine sentiments from Andy and John-rover.

They echo my thoughts and feelings. I and family will be renewing this week.

I was talking to someone at the match who works at Rovers, and has done for 15ish years. They told me a few bits and pieces, how up to date this is I am not sure but the person would have no reason to lie and I trust them. Maybe a bit of exaggeration and one was presented as an "internal rumor".

1-) Only sold 500 ST so far.

2-) Backroom staff have not all been paid still.

3-) (The Rumor) If we go down Venkys are planning a fire sale of players followed by selling the club at a rock bottom price.

I won't say who the person is as wouldn't want to get them into trouble but everyone who goes to the games would know this person.

Did Kamy not state 4,000 renewed in the podcast?

Not listened to it myself. Kammy is obviously very much ITK and has good sources - however I have no reason to doubt this person. Maybe its the difference between paying up front or DD? Maybe false information is being put out (via unknowing people) which could be either source.

The difference is that back in the 70's and 80's your money made a major difference. When we were rumoured to be struggling to pay the milkman every body through the turnstiles mattered. Now your money is completely trivial compared to the TV money. If Venkys are to run us into administration then whether there are 5,000 or 15,000 season ticket holders will not matter. It will happen regardless. I am not paying money to wath a club that I love being ruined and then to have SK come on and lie to me about what I have seen.

I will hope to hell that we bounce back and get promoted straight away. However my support and my money is not wanted and not needed by Venkys and Kean. Support is required to help motivate the team and improve results. Every action that the owners and manager have taken have done the opposite so much so that it makes me feel angry and sick at times. That feeling is not going to go away whilst they are here next season. However I will be damned if I am spending good money to intensify that feeling even more on a match day. As I said on the other thread - sack Kean and I will get a season ticket. However if this 'double act' still control our club come next season then I'm not going.

Archived