SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Season Ticket Renewal Moral Dilemma.

Do I tell my lad:

1) "We are not going to let Venkys drive us out of OUR club, its our home town team and we can't just give up - like standing up to a bully who you can never win against and taking a kicking just to spite him, and when all you really want to do is run away"?

2) "Sometimes you have to make a choice for the greater good even if it's the hardest thing in the world to do and it means giving up something you love - like putting down your pet dog because keeping him alive is just prolonging his pain and suffering"?

Help?

I sent mine and my lads renewal in. But I am seriously considering cancelling them. But like you, I love football and my lad does even more so its either watch SSN every Sat afternoon or stump up a little bit of cash for the ST's and go and see what more mess Venky's can actually do

I have the same dilemma only a little smaller.

I am a Rovers fan and my kid have walked around in a Rovers shirt since the day he was born. (he is now 3,5 years) All my family are liverpool supporters and he is seeing that. I have stuck with feeding him about how good and great Rovers are. Singing him Rovers songs.

Do I really want him to become a Rovers supporter? Do I want to bring the same misery to my kid (who I love more than anything) as I feel myself these days?

I catch myself thinking how much easier my life would be if I supported a better team. I wouldnt have the same passion and wins wouldnt taste as good as now, but I wouldnt be sad and angry every weekend either.

Do I stop the propaghanda or shall I continue?

To say this is heartbreaking is an understatement. Me and my dad have had season tickets for nearly 30 years and my two lads for the past 10 and none of us will be renewing. I don't thing that we will even buy match day tickets while the incompetent Kean and Venkys are still around. If people like us stop going then I can't see us selling more than 3,000 season tickets and the vast majority of season ticket holder I've spoken to are thinking the same way. As a way of protesting we should all take our renewal packs to the next game and throw them on the pitch at half time.

I have the same dilemma only a little smaller.

I am a Rovers fan and my kid have walked around in a Rovers shirt since the day he was born. (he is now 3,5 years) All my family are liverpool supporters and he is seeing that. I have stuck with feeding him about how good and great Rovers are. Singing him Rovers songs.

Do I really want him to become a Rovers supporter? Do I want to bring the same misery to my kid (who I love more than anything) as I feel myself these days?

I catch myself thinking how much easier my life would be if I supported a better team. I wouldnt have the same passion and wins wouldnt taste as good as now, but I wouldnt be sad and angry every weekend either.

Do I stop the propaghanda or shall I continue?

Don't be daft, you remember these times and if we ever do return, just think haw sweet it will be.

To say this is heartbreaking is an understatement. Me and my dad have had season tickets for nearly 30 years and my two lads for the past 10 and none of us will be renewing. I don't thing that we will even buy match day tickets while the incompetent Kean and Venkys are still around. If people like us stop going then I can't see us selling more than 3,000 season tickets and the vast majority of season ticket holder I've spoken to are thinking the same way. As a way of protesting we should all take our renewal packs to the next game and throw them on the pitch at half time.

Glad you have seen the light, at last !!!

Unfortunately, you like many others have arrived at that conclusion too late. !2 months ago was the time to have pilloried Kean & Venky's and we might not have been where we are now. Too many "let's give them a chance merchants" when the writing was on the wall a long, long time ago.

Glad you have seen the light, at last !!!

Unfortunately, you like many others have arrived at that conclusion too late. !2 months ago was the time to have pilloried Kean & Venky's and we might not have been where we are now. Too many "let's give them a chance merchants" when the writing was on the wall a long, long time ago.

So it's the fans fault again :angry2: Why don't you give it a rest with the holier than thou BS.

Not the same dilemma as many as we don't have season tickets as just not practical living in the frozen North. However I have taken my 6 year old to a few games and he loves all things Rovers.

He has asked when we can go again and I have sat him down and explained why we will not be going as Kean and the Venkys are hurting the club and we don't want to help them by giving them any of our money. He seemed pretty happy with that and even said he does not want a new shirt until "things are better".

I draw the line at taking him to watch "the sheep" up here so we will stick to going to watch the rugby at Aberdeen Grammer for our Saturday afternoon entertainment until the chicken barons are dispatched :angry:

We've now lost 11. We've won 5.

In Allardyce's last full season (09/10) in charge we won 10 and only lost 3 at Ewood the entire season.

Yes but look how much more exciting thing are under Kean. Last night's match had everything-----5 goals, 2 penalties, a red card, a great come-back from 2-0 down and, in the last few minutes, a dramatic winner! :tu:

You never had nights like that under Allardyce!

Also, under Allardyce, there was nothing to play for, we just had Premier league safety with weeks to go to the end of the season. Where's the enjoyment in that? :unsure:

Thanks for the suggstions folks.

Still not sure what to do. After Yak's penalty aberation it was 80:20 not to renew.

Having slept on it, had a chat with my lad, and listened to the advice on here, it's back to 50:50.

Taking up the idea suggested about sending the renewal notices onto the pitch. I dont condone throwing things on the pitch BUT can I suggest something similar.

All those not renewing should think about depositing their renewal notices in a special collection bin outside the main entrance marked up "Renewal notices returns".

Maybe a huge bin full of unopened renewals might be enough to send the message home especially if we could get it into the media.

Other than that last nights tripe of an advertisement turned off any lingering doubts (sub concious I might add) of myself renewing, NEVER whilst this clueless clown remains in charge.

KEAN OUT

• Backroom

Yes but look how much more exciting thing are under Kean. Last night's match had everything-----5 goals, 2 penalties, a red card, a great come-back from 2-0 down and, in the last few minutes, a dramatic winner! :tu:

You never had nights like that under Allardyce!

Also, under Allardyce, there was nothing to play for, we just had Premier league safety with weeks to go to the end of the season. Where's the enjoyment in that? :unsure:

:lol: oddly enough I've become numb to the "excitement" Steve Kean brings to the team. It would more adequetely be described as "chaos".

Kean's trailblazing, breaking records left right and centre, giving the finger to everyone and living the life of a king. What a maverick.

Bunn

Orr - Hanley - Anderson - A.Henley

Petrovic - Dunn - Lowe

Goodwillie - Blackman - Marcus Olsson

Who wouldn't want to pay £250 to watch this team?

We are completely spoiled.

I understand your sentiment Rog but £250 is still dirt cheap - even in the Championship.

The question is not whether you'd pay to watch that team, it's whether you'd pay to continue on the circus ride that is a Venky-owned Rovers "managed" by someone as outrageously out of his depth as Kean.

P.S. I don't see how Myles can have any kind of future at this club.

As already flagged in this thread, over the last few days, Preston Blue has heard "somewhat less than 2,000" and I've heard 1,400.

All kind of ties-in.

Sad times.

Have we ever had an early bird offer so early in the season ?

Sorry if mentioned earlier in the thread - but what happens if we are relegated, as the ST is for 19 (or 16) premiership matches - are they offering a similar price for the Championship ?

My uncle is a long time season ticket holder at Rochdale. His renewal price is the same as my Dad paid for his in JW upper outer.

Considering Dale are almost certainly relegated back to 4th tier, and we may still be in the Premier League, crap owners/crap manager/crap signings/crap fan engagement ... we really are still spoilt in comparison to the majority of the professional game.

Archived