BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

R.I.P Fred Walker

mark1875

Sad news.

I understand Fred had been very unwell for quite some time and this had a bearing for those asking why the Trust or family had not acted.

Doubt it. My Dad knew him. Worked with him. He had absolutely no interest in the Rovers. Thought Jack was mad.

For the less knowledgable amongst us (like me) would it be possible for someone to post a brief description of how Fred was linked to the club/what he contributed? I think that might be helpful and a nice gesture.

Thank you.

RIP.

As I understand it (and as mentioned above) he had no interest in Rovers at all.

Priceless...the guys dead andd you're thinking about youself....wow man...thats cold.

No, I was thinking about Rovers. It was a specific comment on Philip L's specific point and I paid my respects elsewhere.

So wind your neck in.

Doubt it. My Dad knew him. Worked with him. He had absolutely no interest in the Rovers. Thought Jack was mad.

I heard the same which makes it rather odd that this thread has been opened and that fans of a football club about which he couldn't care less are sending condolences.

Sad news, as with any passing.

Jack & Fred both came from humble beginnings to become hugely successful self made businessmen who never lost that common touch. Had some limited business dealings with Fred and he negotiated and counted every penny in a deal !

Self made, common touch, a stark contrast to present owners of Rovers.

Edited by Mercerman

I heard the same which makes it rather odd that this thread has been opened and that fans of a football club about which he couldn't care less are sending condolences.

Agreed.

Though it's sad, as it is when anyone passes, but

unless you knew Fred personally -or he had touched your life in someway - this thread seems very odd and out of place.

Edited by A cup of beans

Agreed.

Though it's sad, as it is when anyone passes, but

unless you knew Fred personally -or he had touched your life in someway - this thread seems very odd and out of place.

I was surprised it appeared in the football section I've got to say.

Can't see how this is an odd place to put this thread?

Jack and Fred when they owned walkers steel were putting money into rovers long before jack bought it, it included the walker steel stand being built and players like ardiles a d Archibald being signed,

Walker steel was built by both brothers and the success of that company and the ultimate sale which gave jack a

personal fortune was down to both of them not just jack.

Many cogs build empires and Fred's input in walker steel, lead to rovers being on the footing it was prior to the sale.

Edited by glen9mullan

Jack and Fred when they owned walkers steel were putting money into rovers long before jack bought it, it included the walker steel stand being built and players like ardiles a d Archibald being signed,

Walker steel was built by both brothers and the success of that company and the ultimate sale which gave jack a

Many cogs build empires and Fred's input in walker steel, lead to rovers being on the footing it was prior to the sale.

Here Here!! you are right Glen.Jack was very much the front man but it took 2 of them to build the business which was key to the financial support coming into the Club. The fact that he was Jack's brother marks this down as sad news and the end of an era.And you can't help wondering what Jack would make of this schmozzle at his beloved Ewood.

Here Here!! you are right Glen.Jack was very much the front man but it took 2 of them to build the business which was key to the financial support coming into the Club. The fact that he was Jack's brother marks this down as sad news and the end of an era.And you can't help wondering what Jack would make of this schmozzle at his beloved Ewood.