BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

R.I.P Fred Walker

mark1875

RIP Fred. I used to have the occasional natter with him in the Feildens Arms in Mellor Brook, which he owned. He'd pop in for a quick half and a brandy regularly. A very down to earth pleasant bloke. Sometimes (if there weren't too many people in) he'd buy a round for everyone. He loved to tell tales about his time in the merchant navy, but he hardly ever mentioned the Rovers.

Can't see how this is an odd place to put this thread?

Jack and Fred when they owned walkers steel were putting money into rovers long before jack bought it, it included the walker steel stand being built and players like ardiles a d Archibald being signed,

Walker steel was built by both brothers and the success of that company and the ultimate sale which gave jack a

personal fortune was down to both of them not just jack.

Many cogs build empires and Fred's input in walker steel, lead to rovers being on the footing it was prior to the sale.

I agree, and was saddened to not see a single Rovers representative at his funeral

Then you weren't looking. The Club President, Keith Lee, and his wife were there. I saw a few others too, whose names I can't recall.

I noticed the flowers were blue and white too...

Edited by roversmum

• Guest changed the title to R.I.P Fred Walker