BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Press / Media Relationships

Was out for drinks last night so not sure if mentioned already, would think so....

Everyone aware of the Agnew intervention/issues in the post match press conference? Just confirms what we knew all along.

Kean, Anderson, Agnew and Rao family - get the (Please don't use that word again) out of this club.

I think it's fairly common knowledge that things have been strained for a good while now.

Took a bit of a battering on Twitter last night as well :

Northern Rover‏@Northern_RoverReply I'm very pleased that fans are being told about Rovers Press Officer antics today. As big a problem as Kean.

Northern Rover‏@Northern_RoverReply For those asking Rovers Press Officer stepped in during Radio Lancs interview with Kean, and stopped him talking to other journos.

Martin Blackburn‏@SunMartinB @Northern_Rover sounds like another masterclass.

Andrew Cryer‏@CryerRovers @SunMartinB @johncrossmirror make a good book some of the stuff this season. I'm penning it as we speak....

Martin Blackburn‏@SunMartin @CryerRovers @johncrossmirror you should mate, seriously. I swear everyone in our industry would read it - and be amazed.

IMO, simply no transparency, credibility or integrity with our club now.

The lack of backbone shown by this countrys football journalists is pathetic.

15 months of Kean BS in pre and post match pressers and they are moaning about it now? Why haven't they ya know acted like journos before instead of a national PR service?

What was the worst that could happen? A ban from the club? So what? Let's face it we ain't Man United. And I'm sure the world could get by without a weekly dose of 'Kean vows to shut the back door'

I think LT & Cryer have to strike a balance as Rovers is a huge part of their coverage and if there is a total breakdown in relationship between club & LT, then there are major issues. This happened once before when David Allin covered Rovers for LT in Jim Iley's day. More recently, you have seen the local paper banned from Bournemouth FC.

I think after a very sluggish start, the LT got on the front foot and I think Cryer now has a very uneasy relationship with club.

As far the nationals and media, I don't really understand it. Far too much pussyfooting about in my book.

As a journalist, I would not be dictated to as to what questions I could or could not ask. It's quite simple, collectively, if they 'banned' Rovers, no one attended press conferences, and reported both factually and what they understood, then I am pretty sure who I know would be the first to hold out an olive branch.

Transparency and honesty underpin all organisations, sporting or otherwise. Sadly, I think Rovers are now sadly lacking in this area.

• Backroom

I agree Mercer but primarily the Telegraph should serve the folk of lancashire and tell it just how it is and worry about the consequences later

Paul Agnew Public Relations (a UK Business partnership owned by Paul Agnew and Elisabeth Agnew trading as Paul Agnew Public Relations) handles PR for the following companies Daniel Thwaites, Blackburn Ice Arena , Marcus Worthington & Co , Stocktake UK, The Chorley Group (car dealership's I think),

so perhaps the next time you have dealings with any of these companies perhaps mention what a great job the Paul Agnew Public Relations company is doing running Steve Kean's anti Supporter and death of Blackburn Rovers campaign .

Paul Agnew Public Relations (a UK Business partnership owned by Paul Agnew and Elisabeth Agnew trading as Paul Agnew Public Relations) handles PR for the following companies Daniel Thwaites, Blackburn Ice Arena , Marcus Worthington & Co , Stocktake UK, The Chorley Group (car dealership's I think),

so perhaps the next time you have dealings with any of these companies perhaps mention what a great job the Paul Agnew Public Relations company is doing running Steve Kean's anti Supporter and death of Blackburn Rovers campaign .

Good points.

The fall out of Rovers' relegation is going to be massive.

It won't just be the funeral in Bamber Bridge- the skeletons will be making one hell of a racket.

True., Also interesting that on Agnew's business website is still the following "

John Williams, chairman of Blackburn Rovers Footiball (sic) Club

“The need for proactive PR and sound media management is critical in our business and, after more than a decade with PAPR, we feel in very good and safe hands.”

My link

Archived