BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not renew my season ticket until the product on offer was worth paying for......

The product which is being offered to me is not fit for purpose. So in fact I'm within my rights to report said sale of the above product to the local trading standards for investigation against the sale of goods act.

I am being sold a premier league season ticket, how do I know I will get a premier league season ticket.

Am I being sold a promise or an actual product.

I don't have a season ticket to renew so I can't take part in the poll, however I have thought long and hard about the hypothetical question.

Pros for renewing (no particular order)

- will save me money

- less hassle than getting tickets

- saved seat with friends and family (most say they're renewing)

- continue to show my support for the CLUB

- sends positive message to new potential owners

- shows the nation that Rovers fans won't quit on the club

- what else would I do on a Saturday afternoon?

- defiance - I won't let Venkys or Kean drive me away - this is MY club and I'll make a stand.

- the revenue raised by such cheap season tickets really isn't going to make much difference either way

- How can I complain unless I actually go?

Cons

- I don't want to support Kean or Venkys

- I don't want to give them any of my hard earned pay

- I shouldn't have to watch such frustrating rubbish play

- I should be allowed to voice my opinion freely

- I can save some money

SO on balance if I was still living in the area I think I'd renew.

BUT it's only my blind loyalty and dedication to MY CLUB that would cause me to do that.

I really detest what is happening, but I think I would chose to still go every week and continue to vent my anger. Just because you might go to every game it doesn't mean you like what is happening...

I'm thinking of canceling my Fox Sports subscription here in Aus - we get 99% of all Rover Prem League games live - in the Championship we will be lucky if we are on 5 times all season - that would only happen if we 'do a West Ham'

But if I cancel Fox I'll also miss out on all the other sport so it's not really a viable option...

It's a mess.

I understand much of your logic John but where I get stuck is the point about "blind loyalty". I don't do, and will never do, blind loyalty. Indeed blind loyalty is what the Rovers "leadership" (sic) rely on.

And the leadership of any club, and Sky TV and media in general and the FA / Premier League / La Liga / Bundesliga / Championship etc etc in fact the entire damned industry brazenly feed on the blind loyalty of the supporters.

I have held a season ticket since 1963. <snipped for brevity>

What a top top post, heartfelt and emotional.

If there's even a small section of season ticket holders that shares this view AND the owners still don't get the message then we can all safely say they are simply taking the ###### by being here.

TBH I think the post that Ian Rally made sums up the feelings of most supporters that aren't renewing.

Myself, I'm 41 yr old and went to my first Rovers match with my dad when I was aged about 5 yr old.I started being a regular supporter in the mid 80's but only got a season ticket in the 90/91 season (never needed one before then!). Every year since then I have held a season ticket in the BBE until it was demolished and had to go to the Darwen end. I have sat in the same seat in the BBE since it was built bar one season. My son was aged 5yr old and wanted a season ticket so I moved to the Riverside with him until he got used to the noise for that one season. The year after we both moved back to the BBE with me being able to get my old seat back.Even when we got relegated from the Premier league I never gave it a second thought that I wouldn't renew my season ticket.

After-all I knew the people running the club were doing it for the right reasons.

Next season we won't,along with my brother-in-law,be taking those seats up.We have decided we are making a stand against this regime.As much as it saddens me not to be there,I cannot and will not condone what is happening at Rovers and yes that is what I feel I would be doing if I was to hand over the money for those tickets.

Naivety coming from the Venky's I could take if I thought they would get somebody on board who could help them learn from their mistakes.However their stubbornness to listen to the fans concerns and make the right decisions has done it for me and I feel the ONLY thing that matters to these bumbling buffoons is to hurt them where it hurts the most.In their pockets.People might say that I,and people like me,would be only hurting the club,well sorry but these idiots are doing Rovers more damage than Rovers have EVER received in their history.

If the situation changes and Kean is replaced by a real manager then I might change my mind,the problem is that Venky's don't possess the intelligence to take the right course of action and sack this numpty.

Whether we get relegated or not that alone scares the hell out of me.

26 years consecutively a ST holder. I sit with my Dad who has been one for over 40 years.

Not renewing next season.

Why? simply because I have never ever seen a club treat its supporters with absolute distain as our has this year. They dont deserve our money.

Steve Kean has alienated the supporters from the club with 18 months of deceit & anti supporter propeganda.

Our owners have backed one man over 20,000 paying supporters. Their intention is clear. Now, so must ours be.

I spoke to my brother tonight. Both of us have been ST holders for 20 years and both us us went to games regularly for a number of years before that. Neither of us are renewing. We are completely different people in most aspects of our lives but we both agree for the same reasons why we are not renewing.

So well done to the owners, direstors & manager for uniting us. Thanks.

I feel a bit of a fraud writing in this thread as I'm not a season ticket holder and I don't get to games anymore. First ones were in the late 1950s... Living North of Inverness would mean a 15 hour round trip and working Saturday mornings for the last 25 years has made it impossible - just 1 or 2 games a seasonand none since Venkys took over.

So, firstly I salute fans who go regularly to games. They're the ones who should be listened to. ( I won't get into the "real fans" issue :rolleyes: )They're the ones who are really suffering. It's easy to comment from a distance.

It breaks my heart to read messages on this thread from diehard fans not renewing next season, but I understand 110%.

What we have now is NOT Blackburn Rovers, so how anyone can say I'll keep supporting MY team is a bit rich. Our club's heart has been ripped apart. We are dead in the water until Kean and Venkys are gone.

Why? simply because I have never ever seen a club treat its supporters with absolute distain as our has this year. They dont deserve our money.

Steve Kean has alienated the supporters from the club with 18 months of deceit & anti supporter propeganda.

Our owners have backed one man over 20,000 paying supporters. Their intention is clear. Now, so must ours be.

Sums things up very well indeed SD4E

26 years consecutively a ST holder. I sit with my Dad who has been one for over 40 years.

Not renewing next season.

+1

We are dead in the water until Kean and Venkys are gone.

Problem is that by that time we could easily be a bloodless corpse. As I posted on the other thread, should the club cease trading in the summer then any money paid up front for ST's will have gone, it will not be refunded. The wise move would be to leave out the ST option and go for individual match tickets and match bundles next season.

The phonecall I've just received from Dunny asking for my sign-up by 30th April may just have the opposite effect, on me and anyone else that receives it.

Seems crass and ill-timed, as has been covered on the 'charm offensive' thread.

I'm finding it difficult to decide on renewal after 20 years as a ST holder and 40 years attendance.

To all those on the fence, please dont buckle.

if the club find their senses by getting rid of kean and investing some of their own money in player this summer(regardless of which league were in) im sure they would also see enough sense to put season tickets back up for sale at early bird prices, If they dont do any(ALL!) of these things then you reasons for not renewing will be more justified than ever!

as there was not an option of 'owners and manager', that is my combined reason for not renewing next season.my reasoning is that if i hand over my cash again then that is my way of telling them that i approve of the way that they have run the club and managed team affairs since they took over. i do not approve of anything that they have done. at the end of last season i was prepared to start a fresh, but things have got much worse since the start of this season and as renewals are here again, i will not do that again!!

fans are gonna vote with their feet and fair do's to us all aswell.

To all those on the fence, please dont buckle.

if the club find their senses by getting rid of kean and investing some of their own money in player this summer(regardless of which league were in) im sure they would also see enough sense to put season tickets back up for sale at early bird prices, If they dont do any (ALL!) of these things then you reasons for not renewing will be more justified than ever!

+1

The owners really need to wake up. Their behavior is well past being based on on honest mistakes, or obstinance, ignorance, poor judgement or naivety. We are in the realm that conspiracy theories are sounding more credible every day.

I really don't feel that not renewing my S/T this year is in any way betraying my club Blackburn Rovers.

Why? Well for me the reason is quite simply that Blackburn Rovers no longer exists having been replaced by Venkys Rovers, and until these clueless imposters are gone that is how it will remain for me. So I really dont feel any kind of affinity with the club as it is at present. Whenever the present owners depart this situation will change and the club will again become Blackburn Rovers and the way will be open for me to return (providing the new owners are showing that they are worthy of support).

Let's all hope that this happens sooner rather than later.

Archived