BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

I'd buy a season ticket next year in a heartbeat if Kean was gone. Being a Darwen Ender (and a 30 year long season ticket holder) and being treat like some sort of criminal they can go and jump. I was once a customer - they have a lot of customer relations to sort out before l can say that again.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my Dad won't be renewing for the first time in 10+ years. The reasons why have all been expressed perfectly on this thread. In fact, I hope we stay up and everyone who isn't renewing as a protest against the scum that is Venky's and Kean stick to their guns and don't renew. Because you can bet your life when season ticket sales for next year hit a record low, the spin that the club (and the media, who are bizarrely pro-Kean & anti-the fans) will put on it is that we're not 'proper fans', and we haven't renewed cos we got relegated.

Well this thread should be retained and circulated so everyone will know the reason the 'proper fans' left Rovers - at least until Venkys/Kean are gone. And then whoever takes over will know a 'golden hello' is waiting for them in the shape of 1000's of fans waiting to come back to Rovers.

By the way, not renewing is the best protest yet - loss of revenue is the only thing the Venkys will feel and care about.

It's through once loving the club so much that the betrayal I've experience (Venkys treating the fans like morons, the club itself treating the fans with utter contempt, etc, etc, etc) that I actually currently hate rovers.

Or to put it another way it's like we are brain dead but technically alive as on life support. The only humane thing to do is to pull the plug rather than hope for a miracle.

That said in the short term just getting rid of Kean may entice me back but long term Venkys need to sod off but for me the damage probably can't be repaired

I`ve not voted in the poll, because we chose not to buy our 3 season tickets at the end of last season.

It`s been almost a year now & we haven`t set foot inside Ewood Park since.

I HAVE stood outside during the 24hr protest though.

Not one penny of our income has gone into Blackburn Rovers coffers since the end of last season.

I will continue to boycott the club i love, until these frauds sack Coco & sell the club.

KEAN OUT!! VENKYS OUT!!

RTID ;)

I really don't feel that not renewing my S/T this year is in any way betraying my club Blackburn Rovers.

The argument could just as easily be put that buying a ST would also be betraying BRFC. Rovers fans can't win.

However, the BRFC we all fell in love doesn't exist any longer. Just hope that, one day, we can have a manager and owners to actually be proud of. I don't mean results, either.

Does any one know of anyone who is buying another ST?

Are we all as one in bailing out from the train crash that is currently Rovers?

I spoke to someone i know at school and she and her husband have both renewed on the basis of we've always watched them whatever division they are in. I asked whether she thought that was the right thing to do in these circumstances and she said she'd had to think quite hard about it but felt for them it was. Her sons, however, are not renewing

I know a few Colin, respected members of this site can be counted in that number, but I know far more that are not, us included, the fans seem to be voting with their feet and rightly so in my opinion, its the only protest we have left.

D-day. I have a great seat that I don't want to lose. Leaning towards buying.

Who do you think is queueing up to buy it. That was one of my reasons for wanting to renew but then i thought again and decided that there would be plenty of others to choose from if mine went and I couldn't really see it going anyway.

I know a few Colin, respected members of this site can be counted in that number, but I know far more that are not, us included, the fans seem to be voting with their feet and rightly so in my opinion, its the only protest we have left.

But if that protest ends up killing the club ?

Personally still torn.

Bottom line - more fans (even in the Championship), more sellable, more money to at least keep us afloat (personally don't buy the asset stripping to take money to India - though it is obvious they are running us as a business). When we have to sell players to balance the books - the lack of fans will play a part in that - not a dig at the fans but the reality of the situation (of course they have done far more damage than the fans could ever do).

My biggest concern is still that Kean will be manager next season - and at the moment that is of more worry to me than the Venky's.

Oh decisions, decisions. I must admit a win today - or heavy loss - could sway it either way. Not that a win will necessarily keep us up - but just put me in a better mood.

But if that protest ends up killing the club ?

Personally still torn.

Bottom line - more fans (even in the Championship), more sellable, more money to at least keep us afloat (personally don't buy the asset stripping to take money to India - though it is obvious they are running us as a business). When we have to sell players to balance the books - the lack of fans will play a part in that - not a dig at the fans but the reality of the situation (of course they have done far more damage than the fans could ever do).

My biggest concern is still that Kean will be manager next season - and at the moment that is of more worry to me than the Venky's.

Oh decisions, decisions. I must admit a win today - or heavy loss - could sway it either way. Not that a win will necessarily keep us up - but just put me in a better mood.

If Kean were sacked, even with Venkys still here I'd renew. I know they are the root cause of the problems but a different manager would change the mood around Ewood and it is the fact that i no longer enjoy going to ewood that is the final nail in the coffin. I could cope with the rest if there was still enjoyment to be had, but why feel miserable most Saturdays and feel that it is a chore to go to watch my team. Kean's dismissal would change that for me and I suspect for a fair number of others, so you have to ask yourself why Venkys won't do something that would go a fair way to raising season ticket sales in one fell swoop.

You might have to if no one stumps up the 30m to take the club off their hands.

Few of us talking about this at The cricket yesterday 3 of us had renewed, one probably would tomorrow, one with 2 kids tickets defiantly not. We all knew people who were not renewing

Four of us plus two kids are not renewing yet. All four of us have been going for 30+ years, all still want to go but not if Kean is still there. None of us are bothered about what division we are playing.

I never thought anything could stop me going!

I think most, if not all, of the group I normally travel with ate renewing.

Whilst i inderstand people choosing not to renew sadly I imagine it's impact of Venky's will be a brief exchange when doing a revue of the accounts.

MrsD 'You had ticket income going up 5%, it's down 78%"

Account "Yes, but ticket income is only 5% of total income, so in real terms, it's a tiny loss"

MrsD " I see and our man at Ewood says he has it under control. So, how's the Pune Academy coming on?"

(note: figures are made up)

Whilst i inderstand people choosing not to renew sadly I imagine it's impact of Venky's will be a brief exchange when doing a revue of the accounts.

MrsD 'You had ticket income going up 5%, it's down 78%"

Account "Yes, but ticket income is only 5% of total income, so in real terms, it's a tiny loss"

MrsD " I see and our man at Ewood says he has it under control. So, how's the Pune Academy coming on?"

(note: figures are made up)

Next year (minus the full Sky money) season tickets will make a bigger contribution to the turnover.

The real issue for early season ticket sales is revenue over the summer months. A loss of 5000 tickets is over £1M, 10000 tickets over £2M. So low sales will have a big impact this summer. The club will have to find the money from somewhere else, e.g. selling players, sacking staff, increasing debt, not spending

Archived