BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

Why are people still holding onto a hope? Hope and Rovers no longr mix

Just over an hour ago Cryer, Kamy were told from a source that he'd gone. So inevitably that got all of our hopes up.

The weasel needs to be as far away from our club as possible. A new position in India would simply mean him having the owners ear - not the new manager.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even IF he is sacked, it would depend on who they brought in to replace him before i decide wether to continue the protests against venkys, bring in a mick mccarthy or someone similar and give him some cash then they have bought themselves 6 more months in my opinion.

All organised protests will be conducted outside the match time, the ones in the match time where not just the Action Group they were a spontaneous cry from hurting supporters, many thousands of supporters - not just those in "yellow tshirts"

Glad to hear and of course, re: spontaneous outcries.

No news is bad news I fear.

There is no easy way of sacking somebody and it certainly wouldn't involve a long drawn-out process such as this.

The managerial position is untenable for anybody else whilst Kean is still involved with the club.

Still holding onto some faint hope.. although it is based entirely on Mr Kean knowing they have done something really dodgy, which given those involved would not suprise me at all (especially given the letter from JW and the whispers going around), and as such the process of getting rid of him will be slow and extremely messy.

To me it is starting to look like a no win situation:

1 - Kean stays, we are stuffed and he gets even more power

2 - Kean gets moved, and is still in a position to undermine the new manager

3 - Kean gets fired and kicks up a huge fuss resulting in a complete mess

4 - Kean gets a massive payoff and we are financially stuffed

If Kean (I believe he does) have something against them that would seriously hurt (points deductions or jail sentance worthy stuff) then he holds all the cards and that can be the only explanation for all this.

Or he's thrashing out an acceptable severance package - nobody knows apart from the people in the room!

I'm going with this. If Kean is tied in to the club as much as people seem to suggest he is maybe they're trying to sort out a severance package that includes his silence? The last thing Venkys would obviously want is for Kean to leave and spill the beans and maybe he's playing hardball.

for those of you ###### off about kean and venky's....granted it has been an utter disaster the last 18 months, with really nothing going right...sam sacked, kean has been a disaster and the owners pretty much learning the rules to football AFTER they bought the club....i still think you guys should be at least mildly happy that venky's have made the club debt free...what was it 20 million pounds or so that they paid in addition to the purchase?

they've pretty much screwed up the club in their 18 months by putting kean in as manager and letting some agents run the team....but i think this is more because they don't know what the hell they're doing than anything mean spirited towards the fans or club.

i know in india (even though i'm american w/ indian roots) that people have taken onto the rovers as a result of the acquisition and am hopeful they will get things turned around.

kean hasn't been great but the key to me is bringing in better talent into the squad...something that has not been done in the 18 months...if we are to move back up into the premiership the focus has to be to get better talent into the team kean or no kean

just been on ssn kean given vote of confidence by venkys what a joke

That's it for me then.

A big EFF OFF to the FA, Scudamore et al. who refuse to investigate what's really going on at this joke club of ours. CLEARLY SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT HERE!

for those of you ###### off about kean and venky's....granted it has been an utter disaster the last 18 months, with really nothing going right...sam sacked, kean has been a disaster and the owners pretty much learning the rules to football AFTER they bought the club....i still think you guys should be at least mildly happy that venky's have made the club debt free...what was it 20 million pounds or so that they paid in addition to the purchase?

they've pretty much screwed up the club in their 18 months by putting kean in as manager and letting some agents run the team....but i think this is more because they don't know what the hell they're doing than anything mean spirited towards the fans or club.

i know in india (even though i'm american w/ indian roots) that people have taken onto the rovers as a result of the acquisition and am hopeful they will get things turned around.

kean hasn't been great but the key to me is bringing in better talent into the squad...something that has not been done in the 18 months...if we are to move back up into the premiership the focus has to be to get better talent into the team kean or no kean

Where does it say we are debt free?can anyone enlighten me on that?..oh btw your stating the obvious.

Archived