BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

"Please Mrs Desai dont sack me! its not my fault its everyone else I keep telling you they are all too NEGATIVE, but not you desai me and you we are POSITIVE PEOPLE, now look I will get hoilett to sign and we will get straight back into the Premier League I bet you £100!"

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They seem to have developed a friendship so they might be reluctant to do it face to face (if they are scared of Baldy).

And, as people said, that's how they sacked other staff.

They have a guy who does the firing....and he is not one of the 4 owners or Vinny at Ewood.

As I said yesterday,has Kean actually gone to India to discuss his position at the club or has he gone for a holiday/strategy meeting for next season?so far it looks like the latter,more fools us to actually believe the owners would learn from their mistakes.I was speaking to a mate yesterday and a few good points were bought up,the owners don`t lose anything no matter what how bad the results are the reasons being.

[*]They have no emotional attachment to the club or the town.

[*]There are no financial implications for them,loss of earnings will just make them squeeze tighter on expenditure.

[*]Protests,bad pr,e-mails etc. are fielded by staff in Pune.

[*]Kean is more than happy to take the flak here.

[*]When all is done they will sell off whats left and disappear into the sunset with absolutely no repercussions to themselves.

This truly is bang your head against the wall time.Is there anything left to do that could possibly make a difference?.

Cant believe the lack of coverage given to Steve Kean...usually the press be licking their lips at an opportunity like this but NO!! there barely covering it...should be gettin slaughtered!! cant get my head around it!! whats going on????!!!

Cant believe the lack of coverage given to Steve Kean...usually the press be licking their lips at an opportunity like this but NO!! there barely covering it...should be gettin slaughtered!! cant get my head around it!! whats going on????!!!

No longer a 'manager' of a premier league club though, media aren't interested in rovers when there's managerial vacancies in the prem to be decided at the moment.

We're not in the Premier League any more. It's the only place to be.

Get used to it. Now we're no longer in the Barclays Premier League, he's our problem...

Surely even the Venkiest of Venky's can realise that a quick phone call to David Hoilett would resolve whether Kean is lying or not.

I'm quite happy that they're calling Kean's bluff on the Hoilett thing (if the rumours are true). Let him try to lie his way out of the situation, then tell him to prove it or you're sacked.

We're not in the Premier League any more. It's the only place to be.

Exactly den. That's why I despair when I read posts like 'ah well at least we'll be competitive down there'. We were competitive in the PL just 18 months ago.

• Moderation Lead

Surely even the Venkiest of Venky's can realise that a quick phone call to David Hoilett would resolve whether Kean is lying or not.

I'm quite happy that they're calling Kean's bluff on the Hoilett thing (if the rumours are true). Let him try to lie his way out of the situation, then tell him to prove it or you're sacked.

Or get someone in Blackburn to just read a bloody paper, or go on the LT site themselves!

Exactly den. That's why I despair when I read posts like 'ah well at least we'll be competitive down there'. We were competitive in the PL just 18 months ago.

I spent from 1966 onwards hoping to see us playing at the top level again Matthew. If, as a club or a fan, you don't want to be there, you're in the wrong place.

I spent from 1966 onwards hoping to see us playing at the top level again Matthew. If, as a club or a fan, you don't want to be there, you're in the wrong place.

That's the rub though denzil, the 'club' doesn't aspire to be the best it can any more.

That's the rub though denzil, the 'club' doesn't aspire to be the best it can any more.

You're right.

The "right" owners, are the owners who want to push their brand, - whether that be business or personal brand, by moving the club forwards on the pitch. These people are simply and purely interested in using rovers as an advertisement. They don't seem to give a damn about the onfield activities. As long as there's something there to attach the Venky's logo to, they're happy.

Were we really competitive though? By competitive I don't mean limping to mid-table every season, did we look like challenging for the title? Or even the Champions League?

If things can be resolved in time we might have a chance to bounce back. I wouldn't mind a promotion party and/or playing at Wembley.

You are as competitive as you can be as a club.

Finishing in the top half more often than not and 8 cup semi finals in a decade was extremely competitve, certinaly more so than 'bigger' clubs like Newcastle, Everton, Sunderland, Villa and so on. Should they aspire to go down for a 'day out at Wembley' as well?

The teams you mentioned are more ambitious than ourselves though, expecting forays into Europe and all will be targeting Champions League. Were we ever honestly targeting above mid-table for the past few years?

Having a promotion party sounds much better than having a 'we finished 10th again' party to me.

All I'm saying is it would be nice to have a proper adventure again... and Kean seems determined to give us one :unsure:

EDIT: Hope this isn't coming across as being glad we went down - I'm not. It would just be nice to have another 94/2001 moment if things changed given the fact we aren't going to win the Prem or get into Europe anytime soon.

Yes, you've got to want to compete at the top level haven't you?

I do understand fans looking back at the good seasons we had in the lower leagues - and they were great. However, we had an awful lot of very poor seasons down there as well. What was great about the three consecutive seasons we made the play off for the top division? The dream that we could play there again, that's surely what we all wanted.

:rover: The dream of top-flight football was a big hook to fans, back then. And kept them coming back for more.

Hopes and dreams were dashed - But that was part of the addiction.

The hope that next season would be our year!

Even in the bad times -The excitement I felt, e.g on a Friday before a game, was overpowering.

Anyway, please could some1 provide brief synopsis of what I've missed ?

The teams you mentioned are more ambitious than ourselves though, expecting forays into Europe and all will be targeting Champions League. Were we ever honestly targeting above mid-table for the past few years?

Having a promotion party sounds much better than having a 'we finished 10th again' party to me.

All I'm saying is it would be nice to have a proper adventure again... and Kean seems determined to give us one :unsure:

Are they? Everton, Sunderland and Villa fans are expecting CL?

BRFC has no right to be competing at the top end of the Championship, we will not have the income or management to aspire tot that.

We are far more likely to do a Coventry, thrash about in the bottom half and then fall through to League 1.

With regular PL TV money and quality management we were comfortable in the most high profile league in world football. I loved seeing our town club consitently being in the top half of the Premier League with regular cup runs, you didn't?

Archived