BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

The only people at Rovers who are "ITK" are Steve Kean and Jerome Anderson. Everybody else is just making educated guesses based on opinions from advisers and sources. And based on Dec 2011 & the last couple of weeks you'd have to say even the advisers and close sources, quite frankly, have absolutely no idea WTF is going on.

Absolutely - don't anyone think otherwise. We are in a situation where one of the so-called owners is telling people the manager has been sacked...then a few days later he rolls up on TV all rattled and confused, not knowing what the hell is going on. No disrespect to the people who claim to be regularly in the know because the more reliable ones do put in a lot of groundwork and ask a lot of questions - but they are ultimately passed on a lot of lies or guesses.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely - don't anyone think otherwise. We are in a situation where one of the so-called owners is telling people the manager has been sacked...then a few days later he rolls up on TV all rattled and confused, not knowing what the hell is going on. No disrespect to the people who claim to be regularly in the know because the more reliable ones do put in a lot of groundwork and ask a lot of questions - but they are ultimately passed on a lot of lies or guesses.

Truth is i don't even think Wankys are even ITK !! I mean you can't buy a season ticket even if you want one , there is no news anywhere from our new Director of Comms and various family members are rambling in public again. The whole circus is a sick joke and may be they think that just by staying quiet and letting things run the problem will go away.Truth is the only thing going away are the fans and the Club.FFS deal with it you tossers and tell us what you really want from our Club other than all its assets!!!

Agent_ITK on twitter

Agent_ITK‏@Agent_ITK

Now 5 parties interested -->>The Venkys are strongly considering selling #Blackburn football club. #Rovers #BRFC #Football #Riversiders

and suppose Brian Kennedy the owner of Sale Sharks is interest in buying us.

I should certainly hope agent_ITK is talking crap linking us with Brian Kennedy.....We've seen what happened to Stockport County whilst he was there.....He's purely a rugby fan and we'd probably end up ground sharing with Sale Sharks

Just a note to all the folk saying you cant buy season tickets, If you ring the ticket office, you can buy them at the early bird prices, i know 2 people who did this past friday.

Just a note to all the folk saying you cant buy season tickets, If you ring the ticket office, you can buy them at the early bird prices, i know 2 people who did this past friday.

Ssshhh!!

That's probably more than some people's jobs are worth!

Arash Madani‏@ArashMadani

Hoilett said he wouldn't make a decision on #CanMNT until club situation is settled. Same old there. Denied rumours he's signed in Germany.

Maybe we are about to be sold then.

Junior Hoilett wont make a decision on whether he would like to play for the Canadian national team, before he gets a new club. Can't see this having anything with Rovers to do..

I particularly liked this bit:

"Recently, there has also been a buzz around a probable sale decision of an overseas sporting asset owned by the Venky’s.

The company which had purchased the English football club, Blackburn Rovers, back in 2010 for $37 million, and pumped more money into it later to clear debt, had been unable to prevent a slide in its performance which recently culminated in its relegation to a lower soccer league, thereby causing speculation that Venky’s might sell it off."

Of course, the "unable to prevent a slide in its performance" is pure hogwash; in my opinion, Venkys could have easily prevented relegation by sacking Kean. But the good news is the news report of a "probable sale". So in the infamous words of Coco, let's keep it positive.

I should certainly hope agent_ITK is talking crap linking us with Brian Kennedy.....We've seen what happened to Stockport County whilst he was there.....He's purely a rugby fan and we'd probably end up ground sharing with Sale Sharks

Aren't Sale close to going under?

No market for Kick and Clap in the Rugby League heartlands.

Have a feeling things will really start to heat up next week when the window opens, while due dil may take a while no proposed buyer will want to see players sold (especially as they are the key assets at the club), to me Venkys will way up offers and push sales before making a final decision.

Does not take a rocket scientist to work out if you are selling something for 20-40m would you not first work out how much you can get immediatly for key assets. Willing to bet Zhavi (used in the Kalinic deal) will be involved in sorting the price list for our obvious 5-6 player sales and maybe more.

So to me its Parachute payment + player sales against proposed offers and effect on Venkys as a whole and which ever figure comes highest wins.

this kamarudin fella isnt worth all that much in the bigger picture, forbes says hes worth $280 million, i think thats the guy kamy was on about on twitter

I think you've got the wrong guy. On Forbes it says he's worth $560m.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2012/84/malaysia-billionaires-12_Kamarudin-Meranun_IRC5.html

He's not looking to take over on his own he's putting together a consortium according to Kamy on Twitter.

Have a feeling things will really start to heat up next week when the window opens, while due dil may take a while no proposed buyer will want to see players sold (especially as they are the key assets at the club), to me Venkys will way up offers and push sales before making a final decision.

Does not take a rocket scientist to work out if you are selling something for 20-40m would you not first work out how much you can get immediatly for key assets. Willing to bet Zhavi (used in the Kalinic deal) will be involved in sorting the price list for our obvious 5-6 player sales and maybe more.

So to me its Parachute payment + player sales against proposed offers and effect on Venkys as a whole and which ever figure comes highest wins.

I don't think if they are serious about selling that they would start selling assets that would affect the value of the club. Potential buyers would obviously not look on that in a good light, and would also just knock any sales off the value of an offer.

I really hope I'm wrong but I can see a situation where people once again get their hopes up only for the imbeciles that "own" the club to issue a statement saying that, "We are here for the long term" like I say I hope I'm wrong.

It really would be the coup de grace for us all.

Still begs the question, why no ST sales? Can't be too many reasons why a club would freely cut off its income supply.

yep and a host of other odd happenings make me wonder if we might have something to celebrate this summer.. Agnew role not confirmed, Kean silent, general silence coming from the club, no ST sales, rumours in India, I would of expected more players to publically be talking moves, the last interview and a host of potential buyers.

Archived