BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Hendry - An Asset?

369 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Hendry as assistant manager should Black leave?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know enough to judge

WOW...

Colin Hendry is entitled to his own opinion, it does not belittle the service hes given to this club. arnt people allowed to have opinion that arnt totally the extremist views some on here are starting to develop here..

@Mercerman your comments on how people deal with bereavement, really poor comments,It none of your business how people deal with there PERSONAL bereavement. sickening :angry:

I for one would welcome him back at this club in a flash..

Just out of interest dr_awol Do you also think Steve Kean should be kept in any role within the club? and what do you think Hendry could bring to the club?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady on kids. I'm not saying we should appoint him, not by a long way. The way he has behaved can't be excused - all I'm saying is it is perhaps easier to understand why things have gone the way they have.

As did Nigel Winterburn and he was woeful.

whats your point? Colin hendry is not Nigel Winterburn.

So what? He's retired from playing and he's no cop as a coach or manager.

So he'd just be another parasite feeding off the host.

wow..... the greatest defender to player for the the club in the premier league called a parasite. as far am im aware Colin hendry had a mixed coaching career, but was captain of Blackburn and Scotland, im he can offer much..

just as a side note, i would never post anything on a forum i would not feel comfortable saying to someone face to face

whats your point? Colin hendry is not Nigel Winterburn.

My point is that 20 years playing experience does not mean he he will be a good coach. We need a quality coaching team with a quality manager right now. Hendry's track record in management and coaching is poor.

wow..... the greatest defender to player for the the club in the premier league called a parasite. as far am im aware colin had a mix coaching career

just as a side note, i would never post anything on a forum i would not feel comfortable saying to someone face to face

Mixed coaching career? A mix of mediocre and crap.

He wouldn't be helping us to solve our problems, but he'd be drawing a fair wage to help solve his. So parasitic doesn't sound too far wide of the mark. Perhaps it was a tad strong, though. But what has his playing career got to do with that?

WOW...

Colin Hendry is entitled to his own opinion, it does not belittle the service hes given to this club. arnt people allowed to have opinion that arnt totally the extremist views some on here are starting to develop here..

Extremist ? How ? Hendry's views and conduct are well documented and in the public domain!

My comment to T4E, wasnt passing comment about his wife or me being callous. It was meant to convey my view- the death of someone close shouldnt be used as an excuse for acting in despicable/ disgusting ways - or anything else.

I speak as someone who has suffered terrible loss in horrendous circumstances.

Or maybe you disagree, and think the death of someone close to you shields you from any criticism :blink:

Back to Hendry's quotes. Been told he was on 5live, on Sunday, doing the City build up, and he was painful and waffled.

Been relayed to me that he said something like; "Jack Walker spent a shed load of money to win the league. Then he sold the players to finance the stadium. Its been a bad season, but at-least the fans have that stadium! " What ? :blink:

Anyone catch it ?

Extremist ? How ? Hendry's views and conduct are well documented and in the public domain!

My comment to T4E, wasnt passing comment about his wife or me being callous. It was meant to convey my view- the death of someone close shouldnt be used as an excuse for acting in despicable/ disgusting ways - or anything else.

I speak as someone who has suffered terrible loss in horrendous circumstances.

Or maybe you disagree, and think the death of someone close to you shields you from any criticism :blink:

Back to Hendry's quotes. Been told he was on 5live, on Sunday, doing the City build up, and he was painful and waffled.

Been relayed to me that he said something like; "Jack Walker spent a shed load of money to win the league. Then he sold the players to finance the stadium. Its been a bad season, but at-least the fans have that stadium! " What ? :blink:

Anyone catch it ?

Yes I heard that. He's general waffling all weekend has been quite bizarre.

Yes I heard that. He's general waffling all weekend has been quite bizarre.

Yet more evidence. :( He just gets worse!

My mates take on it was that Stuart Hall talked more sense! :lol:

I think Stuart Hall is exceptional! Be great if there is a compilation of him somewhere!

WOW...

@Mercerman your comments on how people deal with bereavement, really poor comments,It none of your business how people deal with there PERSONAL bereavement. sickening :angry:

I for one would welcome him back at this club in a flash..

I'm with Mercerman. If you call ripping off a kind neighbour and boasting about it "dealing with their PERSONAL bereavement" then you're the one who's sickening.

Nothing can take away from the memories of Big Col as a player but he's done nothing since to suggest he has much idea about management either of a club or himself.

We've already got one Scottish idiot living in a fantasy world with increasingly bizarre and selfish behaviour and prone to making irrational statements so why not another ? Get him on board.

if that is true, he really is scum.

Am I the only one who can't find the website www.colinhendrylies.com ?? Is my server blocking it?

If, as seems to be reported, Big Col does get a job at Rovers, it's another example of how totally incapable of making one right decision this lot are.

He was a great player and I respect him for that. He's had great personal tragedies and I feel sorry for him for that, BUT he has never shown himself to be a good manager or coach, and it seems he has made a lot of very bad mistakes in personal and financial matters since the death of his wife.

I just can't see what postive results he would bring to Rovers. Kean will no doubt be spinning what a great fans' favourite he is ( I think we probably all agree that should be "was") and what a coup it will be for Venky's to take him on and they'll believe him of course.

With this lot in charge there really is no hope.

Even if Kean finally goes, they'll still find lots of ways to cock things up further.

Archived