BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam calls his Lawyers

Guest SuperAgentJB

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Telegraph Sport ‏ @TelegraphSport

Exclusive: #WHUFC manager Sam Allardyce has begun legal proceedings against #BRFC boss Steve Kean over claims made in YouTube video

Retweeted by Elliott Parker

Andrew Cryer ‏ @CryerRovers

So reports that Sam has started legal action. Messy

Sky News Newsdesk ‏ @SkyNewsBreak

Sky Sources confirm Sam Allardyce is taking legal action against Steve Kean

Retweeted by Mikey Delap

Cheers Booth

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see how far this goes, especially if Venky's were "advised" of this slur by other parties as well and that was the reason he was fired.

Kean stated Sam was a Crook, not that it was thought or his opinion, Kean stated a fact, I think Sam has been waiting and biding his time for this and the brains of Glasgow has played right into Sams hand!!

Come on Sam, finish the slimy turd off!!

If the turd has an ounce of self respect he would resign as he is bangs to rights. That is what the LMA should advise him to do as they don't want two of their members going head to head in the High Court.

How will Agnew spin this one?

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Perfect time to take up the position of indian academy manager?

Another 100 years of Cricket being the sport then.

the LMA are small fry, however Sam, John Williams and everyone else who have left have stayed reasonably tight lipped about venky's since, which would suggest gagging clauses as part of the exit agreements. I'm sure Sam's lawyers will work out an arrangement that is best for Sam, and hopefully that helps us, but I wouldn't count on it

What a superb development!

The balance of power is slowly, but steadily shifting in the fans' favour.

Worth noting that Courtney Love has just had to spend $430,000 to settle a defamation case that centred around posts on Twitter.

Coco could have to pay a very large sum if Sam lands him.

As posted on the other thread, Sam was employed by the club and Kean was holding himself out as speaking for the club in answering why Sam was sacked. Therefore, sadly Rovers get joined in the charge sheet.

What ramifications does this have on the club? From the telegraph article it seems like he is starting a case against both kean and the club, presumably for wrongful dismissal?

Not sure what the deal is. I would imagine that Venky's will at some point have to come out and make a statement that Keans comments are wrong, otherwise they will get dragged down into this mess with him.

Would Sam legally be able to sue someone who has said something without knowing they have been filmed?

Would Sam sue Venkys for wrongful dismissal at all? I mean, we all know it was wrongful dismissal but the bottom line is that Venkys didnt want to work with Sam abnd they where entitled to make that decision as owners of the club whether we liked it or not. I think if Sam is taking legal action it would surely just be against Kean, maybe claiming damages against Kean for tarnishing his name or something. Not really too familiar with this myself but i'm sure a few guys on here are.

I think we all know that Venkys would not want to be associated with this situation that they find themselves in, so surely the easier alternative now is to bin Keano off and avoid the hassle.

Archived