BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newsham gone ?

Isnt he one that has come in for loads of criticism over the last few years??

Thought he was the one who banned banners and did the searches of fans going into darwen end.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you best go and inform John of this news then because he certainly is not aware this was a 'planned retirement'!

I suggest you try saying that to Mr Roversmum then because he definitely heard the very same thing from John himself.

I suggest you try saying that to Mr Roversmum then because he definitely heard the very same thing from John himself.

Balaji Rao's son couldn't confirm it either way. Such a polite young man, though. In fact, the whole Rao family are delightful and have been nothing but positive for Blackburn Rovers. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a jolly-up to attend.

Well i spent all last Saturday with John Newsham and i know exactly what his plans where.

Whilst we are on the subject of Mr Roversmum is he going to share the emails he has from Mr Rao and Mr Kean which were being passed around on the coach to Swansea? Stuff like this can be very important at this stage?

Well i spent all last Saturday with John Newsham and i know exactly what his plans where.

Whilst we are on the subject of Mr Roversmum is he going to share the emails he has from Mr Rao and Mr Kean which were being passed around on the coach to Swansea? Stuff like this can be very important at this stage?

That would make interesting reading for sure.

I await the response to this question with interest.

John has spent the last 9 months trying his hardest to get some communication opened for the supporters. He is one of the good guys who has always had his door open to the supporters.

Likely why he's been potted.

Relationship with the fans/trying to do something for the fans = Lose your job.

I know of no emails such as you mention. However, there were copies of Reports that John has written for the owners on the club and the Academy (particularly regarding the EPPP) and the future of the club, all of which have been forwarded to them. You are most welcome to receive copies of those if you wish.

Obviously in the case of Mr Newsham - I am saying what I was told at the time and was given no reason to suspect he might change his mind.

Working tiredlessly to try and put things together, must admit quite disappointed at the lack of letters from supporters or evidence of what people have alledged.

You sound surprised? :huh::unsure:

Thought he was the one who banned banners and did the searches of fans going into darwen end.

Yeah that - but I was on about in general....im sure iv heard many negative remarks about him in the last 2-3 years, not the last 12 months only!

I know of no emails such as you mention. However, there were copies of Reports that John has written for the owners on the club and the Academy (particularly regarding the EPPP) and the future of the club, all of which have been forwarded to them. You are most welcome to receive copies of those if you wish.

Obviously in the case of Mr Newsham - I am saying what I was told at the time and was given no reason to suspect he might change his mind.

Please if you don't mind! could you email them over to secretary@brfcactiongroup.co.uk

• Backroom

No hard feelings from me, he was a bloke doing the job which he was paid for.

He could be a little militant but that was his background, nice enough guy although I nearly gave him a heart attack when he thought I'd been left behind in the slums of Mumbai.

To be fair to John, he wasn't ever going to be liked by many fans, the fact that Glen and co who have talked to him and support him really puts him in a positive light. I doubt the orders to ban banners etc would of originated from him anyway. Considering the responsibility (being the main man responsible for the safety of 15-20,000 fans in an era where lawsuits and health and safety have become daft) that comes with the role it must of been one hell of a thankless task. Still like cops and traffic wardens we know that without people in these roles all hell would break loose.

No hard feelings from me, he was a bloke doing the job which he was paid for.

He could be a little militant but that was his background, nice enough guy although I nearly gave him a heart attack when he thought I'd been left behind in the slums of Mumbai.

Guess being militant is part and parcel of the responsibility, poor sod was legally responsible for everyones safety.

Bit that worries me is what comes next, I would guess that a security company may be used and then we will really get to see what militant people are like.

Archived