BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newsham gone ?

Had dealings with John on numerous occasions and always been very helpful, although I accept others have had different experiences.

I am told that he was pushed rather than him deciding to jump, John was allegedly not Kean's biggest fan, another indication that his lordship is going no where.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had dealings with John on numerous occasions and always been very helpful, although I accept others have had different experiences.

I am told that he was pushed rather than him deciding to jump, John was allegedly not Kean's biggest fan, another indication that his lordship is going no where.

Mind boggling Kamy. We've a long way to go before becoming a stable club again. I can only see the situation worsening.

So speculation is that Newsham's pushing had the fingerprint of Kean on it !

Our club is an utter joke when, possibly and likely, the football manager even has power over senior management and other management hirings / firings on the non football side.

IMO, I find find no single reason to follow Rovers any more. I no longer buy the argument that Rovers will be here when 'they are gone'. That could be a tad presumptive on both 'them' going and a club being left! I think the only way we will get rid of these clowns is by boycotting Ewood Park en masse. Something dramatic is needed otherwise it's a case of, surely, 'fiddling whilst Rome burns'.

Shall we take bets on who the next head of security will be and what firm we will be using ?

What odds can I get on a kung fu panda personal driver ?

Reckon we should be taking bets on who is next out of the door.. the apparent hit list is out there but who is on it? Reckon the next one out the door will be the match day announcer, although there are rumours the radio station may be going so close call. And rumours already out there in regards to the other Hunt and Silk.

Reckon we should be taking bets on who is next out of the door.. the apparent hit list is out there but who is on it? Reckon the next one out the door will be the match day announcer, although there are rumours the radio station may be going so close call. And rumours already out there in regards to the other Hunt and Silk.

Gerald hinted during the after match phone-in following the Wigan game that Radio Rovers might not be here next season.

I'll update the Rovers who's who section on the website for em:

Directors: Robert Coar, Gandhi Babu, Mahesh Gupta, Vineeth Rao, Simon Hunt. - Steve Kean, Paul Agnew

Finance Director: Karen Silk - Steve Kean

Club President: K.C. Lee. - Steve Kean

Vice Presidents: I.R. Stanners, G.R. Root, M. Jeffries. - Steve Kean

Manager: Steve Kean.

Assistant Manager: Eric Black - Steve Kean

First Team Coach: Iain Brunskill. - Steve Kean

Goalkeeping coach: Bobby Mimms. - Steve Kean

Reserve team coach: Gary Bowyer. - Steve Kean

Academy Manager: Phil Cannon. - Steve Kean

Football Secretary: Anthony Bloch. - Steve Kean

Commercial Manager: Ken Beamish. - Steve Kean

Stadium Manager: John Newsham. - Steve Kean

Ticket Office Manager: Paula Arpaci. - Steve Kean

Head of Community Affairs: Gillian Kinloch. - Steve Kean

We have to wait and see if he decided to retire or was pushed, but to join the speculation for the moment, I wonder if that 'Chicken' incident has had an impact here? I thought it was a genius move and got the Rovers some great PR and media traction, but thought at the same time heads might roll for allowing it to happen.

Whoever told you he was pushed can't be right.

Mrs Roversmum said he planned to retire.

She should know what with having a direct line of communication with the decisive ones in Pune.

I can only go by what John (Newsham) told me at the time, Den.

Yeah, that's fine. Wonder if we'll ever find out? This new Director of Communications seems to have a policy of tell 'em nowt.

No way. Not Gerald Jackson!!!!

Brian Clarke ‏@PlasticHead55

@CryerRovers I think John has been planning to retire this summer for some time, not Venky related.

Andrew Cryer Andrew Cryer ‏@CryerRovers

@PlasticHead55 not the case

------------

Brian Clarke ‏@PlasticHead55

@CryerRovers -I am a neighbour, He told me last summer this was his last season, not saying he is happy with events mind.

Andrew Cryer Andrew Cryer ‏@CryerRovers

@PlasticHead55 He did not retire. Plans must have changed

-------------

Tbh this is bad news,

John has spent the last 9 months trying his hardest to get some communication opened for the supporters. He is one of the good guys who has always had his door open to the supporters.

He has tried to facilitate so much since protest started, and the abuse he has come in for has been unfair.

Having worked with him over the last 9 months, I only have good things to say about John and wish him all the best

Eh ? I thought you were dead against the searches ? or did they just let you through ?

Yeah, he's spoken to you and helped.. but, to say the abuse he came under has been unfair, is an insult to those who have had dealings with him.

It was widely discussed that he was retiring ?

It's not insignificant at all as allegedly it's another anti-Kean person now gone. Night of the Long Knives is fast approaching. Sounds like different people have had positive or negative interactions with him altho I'm sure I read on here, maybe after the Wigan game, that they were sat below him at Ewood and could see him laughing at the protesters or something like that.

I'm sure he did tell random fans that he was looking to retire soon, he is getting on now.

But make no mistake, this was against Newsham's will and has EVERYTHING to do with a certain spineless incompetent manager and his cronies...

John is a decent bloke, yet another decent bloke to have left

Nowt at our club is as it was

The Anderson/venky/kean triad has ripped the heart out of brfc

I have never wished really horrid things on any one before but this lot drive the patience of the most Devine souls - voodoo dolls anybody?

Archived