BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

Rovers offered £2m according to the Huddersfield examiner.

http://www.examiner....86081-31564388/

Sorry, just seen the post above.

Saw this coming a mile away, Den.

Youre a realist - as am I.

IMO Rovers have no intention of signing Rhodes or paying anywhere near the asking price.

I cant believe any Rovers fan, especially those here, will be surprised by this ? If they are I would like to know how and why they are.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Rovers have no intention of signing Rhodes or paying anywhere near the asking price.

I cant believe any Rovers fan, especially those here, will be surprised by this ? If they are I would like to know how and why they are.

If you saw it coming i assume you posted the thought somewhere on the message board before this article?, correct??

The thought did cross my mind too, but we have been pretty liberal this summer when we've wanted to be - Best £3 million and 35k p/w wages. God Knows what Nuno and Murphy are on.

If you saw it coming i assume you posted the thought somewhere on the message board before this article?, correct??

Correct. More than once in this thread!

The thought did cross my mind too, but we have been pretty liberal this summer when we've wanted to be - Best £3 million and 35k p/w wages. God Knows what Nuno and Murphy are on.

I know what you are saying, and I'm sure you havent been seduced by the Best, Murphy, Etuhu signings - or see them as as showing ambition and intent.

Looking at whos been sold - the wages saved and the large sums recouped- and even the Best, Murphy, Etuhu signings are cheap replacements in comparison.

Correct. More than once in this thread!

I know what you are saying, and I'm sure you havent been seduced by the Best, Murphy, Etuhu signings - or see them as as showing ambition and intent.

Looking at whos been sold - the wages saved and the large sums recouped- and even the Best, Murphy, Etuhu signings are cheap replacements in comparison.

Just had a look...seems you went very quiet on the subject once it started to gather pace, i believe they are tryin to sign him...time will tell but Huddersfield were never gonna make it easy to take the prized asset! we all know how the clowns in charge operate but i think with best now injured they realise they HAVE TO bring in someone capable of scoring goals..

We all hate the scum in charge but i have to admit Best, Gomes, Murphy and Etuhu are far better signings then i thought we would ever make..no point bitching for the sake of bitching i think were doing ok so far...

Just had a look...seems you went very quiet on the subject once it started to gather pace, i believe they are tryin to sign him...time will tell but Huddersfield were never gonna make it easy to take the prized asset! we all know how the clowns in charge operate but i think with best now injured they realise they HAVE TO bring in someone capable of scoring goals..

We all hate the scum in charge but i have to admit Best, Gomes, Murphy and Etuhu are far better signings then i thought we would ever make..no point bitching for the sake of bitching i think were doing ok so far...

The signings are only good if they gel and the balance is correct, there are no gaurantees, in my opinion, Etuhu and Murphy will be a good combination if they work together as they did under Roy at Fulham but they are getting older, we do need pace and a proven goalscorer, we have not got the height of Nzonzi and Samba at set plays so at the moment, we have to play through the channels, Rhodes can score boith in the air and on the floor but the delivery has got to be right, Billy Sharp is very much a box player and again, the ball has got to be played in the right areas and under Kean I am not confident he can organise play in that way, I must comment on something told to me last week, apart from name, is Kean managing Rovers at the moment, I cant comment on that, but the person who mentioned it to me is well versed in Pro football, thats my twopenneth!!

The signings are only good if they gel and the balance is correct, there are no gaurantees, in my opinion, Etuhu and Murphy will be a good combination if they work together as they did under Roy at Fulham but they are getting older, we do need pace and a proven goalscorer, we have not got the height of Nzonzi and Samba at set plays so at the moment, we have to play through the channels, Rhodes can score boith in the air and on the floor but the delivery has got to be right, Billy Sharp is very much a box player and again, the ball has got to be played in the right areas and under Kean I am not confident he can organise play in that way, I must comment on something told to me last week, apart from name, is Kean managing Rovers at the moment, I cant comment on that, but the person who mentioned it to me is well versed in Pro football, thats my twopenneth!!

Not having a go but of course there only good signings if they gel...that applies to absolutely every signing out there! all im saying is the 4 listed above have got to been seen as decent signings and with the state of the club at the minute almost miraculous!! we were a laughing stock last year that many wouldnt touch with a barge pole!

its been awhile has anyone any update on the rhodes front? dead? alive? improved bid? anything?

Can you elaborate anymore on the kean comments?

must comment on something told to me last week, apart from name, is Kean managing Rovers at the moment, I cant comment on that, but the person who mentioned it to me is well versed in Pro football, thats my twopenneth!!

We'll see at the start of the season....if we are winning games then I guess we'll know the answer.

Not having a go but of course there only good signings if they gel...that applies to absolutely every signing out there! all im saying is the 4 listed above have got to been seen as decent signings and with the state of the club at the minute almost miraculous!! we were a laughing stock last year that many wouldnt touch with a barge pole!

its been awhile has anyone any update on the rhodes front? dead? alive? improved bid? anything?

Can you elaborate anymore on the kean comments?

Not really, was just mentioned with a wry smile and the signings do make me wonder!!

Hudds fan here.

We've had to deal with this speculation for ages now. Rhodes has been prolific since we signed him, so has inevitably been surrounded by speculation; before last season it was mainly from Championship clubs, then he had an incredible season last season, Sky started talking about him, and now he's linked to another Premier League club every week.

Since we've been owned by Dean Hoyle, we've allowed players to leave for the benefit of their careers, but only when it suits us. We don't allow players to leave in January transfer windows; we all knew that Rhodes wouldn't go in January, unless we got a ridiculous offer, despite being told how deluded we were. When we missed out on promotion at Old Trafford, however, we let Anthony Pilkington and Lee Peltier leave, as it was in their best interest to leave us and they wanted to. However, we let them leave at the beginning of the transfer window, so that we had time to replace them. Given that we're now only a week and a half from the beginning of the season, we're in a similar position to during the January transfer window. We've built a side, we believe is capable of competing at this level, around Rhodes.

I'll never say we definitely won't sell, as we all know anything could happen, but for us to sell we'd either have to wish to cash in, or Rhodes would have to want to leave. For us to want to cash in on Rhodes, we'd need to be offered enough money to be able to buy a replacement, pay Ipswich their share, and then have money left over in the bank... In other words, you'd have to pay far more than he's worth. Also, Rhodes seems happy to stay; he's repeatedly stressed his commitment to Town, and surely if he wanted to leave, he would surely have demanded a move to one of the Premier League clubs who we rejected bids from earlier in the transfer window (admitted by our Chief Executive, not just speculated in the papers).

Therefore, as it stands, I can't see him signing for you.

Hudds fan here.

Therefore, as it stands, I can't see him signing for you.

No most of us don't think he will either.....we've heard he is interested in coming but not enough to force through a move.....I'm of the opinion that you don't need the money but if you are going to sell, you'd prefer a bidding war and therefore not rushing through any deal quickly but give time for other clubs to bid as well.

Our best hope remains with the wages we are offering.....he could not be as good in the C'ship or suffer a serious injury and therefore you'd think he would basically jump at the chance to join us for that money.

How many matches has he played against Prem or Champ opposition in cup games? And how did he do?

Just had a look...seems you went very quiet on the subject once it started to gather pace,

Going quiet on the subject ? :lol: My apologies for not giving you hourly updates on how I felt things were gathering pace! :P

"We are doing ok so far.." From what ive witnessed Pre season.. we are definetly not.

No most of us don't think he will either.....we've heard he is interested in coming but not enough to force through a move.....I'm of the opinion that you don't need the money but if you are going to sell, you'd prefer a bidding war and therefore not rushing through any deal quickly but give time for other clubs to bid as well.

Our best hope remains with the wages we are offering.....he could not be as good in the C'ship or suffer a serious injury and therefore you'd think he would basically jump at the chance to join us for that money.

How many matches has he played against Prem or Champ opposition in cup games? And how did he do?

Off the top of my head, he scored two at Cardiff in the League Cup last season. Besides that can't really think when he'll have played against higher division opposition!

Off the top of my head, he scored two at Cardiff in the League Cup last season. Besides that can't really think when he'll have played against higher division opposition!

We heard he has played Newcastle......it's only a few games anyway and you can't really judge him from it but I'd rather he played well than didn't......that's good he scored 2 at Cardiff.....better than any of our players managed......oh no wait that was the one we forfeited never mind :blink:

How fast is he? I've seen him play a few times before but how would you describe him? Can his pace/acceleration be an asset? Or is it purely being in the right place at the right time?

How much are Ipswich owed if you sell him? And have you been looking for potential replacements? If so, is this a recent thing or have you always prepared for it?

Archived