Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dickson Etuhu

• Backroom

Hmmm.

Just about sums Rovers up now, IMO !

Proven, solid and reliable?

Seems the opposite of rovers to me

Seems like this is the most agreed on signing so far with 90% of fans behind it

just the type of player we need as for signing for four yeras, its good that we have good players which should stay abd help the club become stable

He is the type of player we have been missing but I would question the wisdom of giving him a four year deal at the age of 30 (presumably on high wages). The general trend among most clubs now is to offer any player over 30 much shorter deals and if any extensions are to be given they have to be earned.

Proven, solid and reliable?

Seems the opposite of rovers to me

Seems like this is the most agreed on signing so far with 90% of fans behind it

A decent signing for The Championship, no argument there.

However, if someone can make sense of the negotiation, and I say that loosely, and a four year contract for a 30 year old journeyman, then please enlighten me.

Here is a guy who is/was a Fulham 'squad player'. So did we really need to increase his wage (as I understand it) and give him a four year contract ? IMO, very poor management from BRFC. Etuhu must think all his Christmases have come at once !

If it was my brass, I certainly wouldn't be happy at what we are signing for the contractual money involved - Best, Murphy, Gomes, Etuhu. Contractual wage cost of that quartet will, possibly, be around £20million. Add bonuses, transfer fees and agent fees on top, and I don't think you will be far short of £35million.

Good business ? I know what I think.

Edited by Mercerman

A decent signing for The Championship, no argument there.

However, if someone can make sense of the negotiation, and I say that loosely, and a four year contract for a 30 year old journeyman, then please enlighten me.

Here is a guy who is/was a Fulham 'squad player'. So did we really need to increase his wage (as I understand it) and give him a four year contract ? IMO, very poor management from BRFC. Etuhu must think all his Christmases have come at once !

If it was my brass, I certainly wouldn't be happy at what we are signing for the contractual money involved - Best, Murphy, Gomes, Etuhu. Contractual wage cost of that quartet will, possibly, be around £20million. Add bonuses, transfer fees and agent fees on top, and I don't think you will be far short of £35million.

Good business ? I know what I think.

Yes but success is all to do with squad valuation :blink:

Funny I can't help but think this idiot could sign Man City I'd I'd still put money on him getting us relegated.

I will go further kean could manage Spain and they wouldn't even qualify for the World Cup he is that inept !

Good signing, 4 year contract is a bit much though - he might be deadwood after 3 seasons! Now how about signing some defensive cover! We look awful at the back!

Not as awful as we look in the dugout !

Kean must go for the club to progress SIMPLES !

Not as awful as we look in the dugout !

Kean must go for the club to progress SIMPLES !

If that happens then I would expect it to be swiftly followed by flying pigs! I will admit that I put a bet on Rovers to be relegated at 21-1 a while back - not feeling very confident.

Disgraceful if true. Utterly unacceptable. It's handy and all, that Etuhu can cover at CB, but that leaves us relying on lowe to shield our shakey defence (Petrovic is listed), which was the biggest on-field reason we went down. Why are we signing nine million midfielders, where we already had sufficient numbers, instead of addressing this? It's sheer stupidity or worse, there is no excuse. Still contemplating a youth player on loan in midfield though, what the hell?

If we don't sign a single defender, I say this window has been a disaster.

I know, they don't even have to be a great centre back, just cover.....we should loan a fringe player from the Prem if we aren't signing anyone....like when we used to send Zurab out to Reading or Newcastle or whoever.......maybe Aaron Hughes is willing to come on loan? Danny Wilson? Dedryck Boyata? Leon Barnett from Norwich? Liam Ridgewell or Gabriel Tamas from West Brom? I almost said Titus Bramble then, that's how desperate we have become...Matthew Kilgallon from Sunderland?