BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dickson Etuhu

I refuse to believe he is signed as a centre half cover. I simply refuse until i see it.

Actually, i would love to see that. Im 1000 kean will start Dann and Hanley as CB. With Givet and Etuhu on the bench. Scorsese couldnt even write that.

I would think he's signed to start in midfield, and act as defensive cover if needed.

That is just puzzling...

“Blackburn were interested in me in January as well, so when I heard about their interest again I wanted to listen to the plans of the club and where they wanted to go"

“I spoke to the manager, he told me his plans, of how he wants to play and the direction he wants to take the club"

Sure I've heard that somewhere before

Looks like a good signing for the Championship (wages aside). No doubt our tactical mastermind will therefore have him warming the bench with Simon most of the season.

You know, with a good manager we could have the makings of a solid team here.

I'm just gutted that Nobhead is still in charge.

Fully agree he should not be here, we do have the makings of a very strong team now. But Kean hasnt got the abilty There are many problems at the club but STILL the main problem for me and he puts a massive disadvantage on our chances and ability to perfrom which is really unfair on the fans and on the players, how can you be successful on the pitch when your following the instruction of a complete and utter novice and moron.

I imagine the reason for the heavy investment in midfield is that Kean/Staff see the problem lying in that area, as far too often teams went straight through our midfield and leaving the defence to deal with it. On the face of it, we have a pretty solid back four (no real cover for CB though), so if Etuhu can help block out some attacks in the centre then we might not be as bad as some believe.

Teams can easily by pass our midfield if required and place pressure on our defenders. After lasts seasons horror at the back I would have thought re-inforcing the defence would be our first priority. Maybe the Keanious knows better or perhaps someone has told him the strikers at this level are pish.

Teams can easily by pass our midfield if required and place pressure on our defenders. After lasts seasons horror at the back I would have thought re-inforcing the defence would be our first priority. Maybe the Keanious knows better or perhaps someone has told him the strikers at this level are pish.

We've got a very good Championship defence.

We've got a very good Championship defence.

That's your opinion stated as fact. Personally I'm not too sure if Jason Lowe, Bradley Orr and Marcus Ollson are good enough to be in a top 6 championship side, especially with the points that onlyonejackwalker made above. Also the jury is out on Hanley. He may well join the ranks of Taylor and Broomes who had to step into the fold young and never lived up to their promise.

That's your opinion stated as fact. Personally I'm not too sure if Jason Lowe, Bradley Orr and Marcus Ollson are good enough to be in a top 6 championship side, especially with the points that onlyonejackwalker made above. Also the jury is out on Hanley. He may well join the ranks of Taylor and Broomes who had to step into the fold young and never lived up to their promise.

Wow, what an awful person I am. I'll try and remember to put 'in my opinion' after every sentence. Just in case you are confusing what I am writing as another posters opinion.

Bradley Orr did a decent enough job in the Prem to say he has something to offer in the Championship, Marcus Olsson isn't a defender, and Jason Lowe is a very tenacious player. Compared to other Championship defences I would find it hard to believe that they were not in the top ten, and I personally feel they'd be up there with the best if you factor Martin Olsson, Dann and Givet into there. Obviously I'm talking about our current setup. Things are subject to change.

I would expect martin Ollson to be away before the end of the window so I am leaving him out of equations. If he stays then that's a big bonus. However Orr looked good going forward but, after a couple of solid early games, struggled towards the back end of last season. You can't fault his commitment but that will only get you so far. The same applies to Jason Lowe. Neither looked a premiership defender at the end of last season and I have no reason to think they will be top class in this league.

Dann should be extremely competent in this league bit I thought he would be a good signing last season and he was a walking disaster. From what I remember a back four of Givet, Dann, Lowe and Hanley didn't cover themselves in glory at championship Cardiff last year.

I would expect martin Ollson to be away before the end of the window so I am leaving him out of equations. If he stays then that's a big bonus. However Orr looked good going forward but, after a couple of solid early games, struggled towards the back end of last season. You can't fault his commitment but that will only get you so far. The same applies to Jason Lowe. Neither looked a premiership defender at the end of last season and I have no reason to think they will be top class in this league.

Dann should be extremely competent in this league bit I thought he would be a good signing last season and he was a walking disaster. From what I remember a back four of Givet, Dann, Lowe and Hanley didn't cover themselves in glory at championship Cardiff last year.

I'll have to disagree with you then.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting tweet from Dickson.

Ask yourself? Why is everyone leaving or want to leave??? Hhmm

Just seen this on twitter, is he referring to the fans or the (mis)management?

edit: reading the comments it seems he's on about Fulham.

Edited by Clitherover

They both have been sitting back.

Their problem, especially Murphy's has been a lack of attacking movement has left nothing on in terms of passing the ball forward.

With them in central midfield we will have the edge over teams at this level, players need to make runs in front so we can use the passing range of in particular Murphy.