BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dickson Etuhu

• Backroom

Still early days but for me Etuhu has been a class act so far and just seems to stand out as a class above most opposition players whereas Murphy isn't doing the same yet

Edited by Tom M

Still early days but for me Etuhu has been a class act so far and just seems to stand out as a class above most opposition players whereas Murphy isn't doing the same yet

It's a strange one because the general feeling on here is Murphy hasn't really played well, whereas twice now on Soccer Saturday they've mentioned he has been running the show....he looked alright against Leicester but not as good as last year with Fulham....although obviously he had Dembele and Dempsey in front of him.

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

I said on twitter that I personally thought the original tweet by yourself was a bit un needed but the way he's reacted now has been well over the top

I would hope its down to the fact that he is annoyed with his own performance but he may just not like the criticism lol

• Backroom

One of many players at the club with disdain for the fans, there were many more loyal to Kean than we'd all like to think.

Does Dickson ever come over and applaud the fans, or run off down the tunnel after every match with his partner in crime Murphy?

Edited by DE4life

One of many players at the club with disdain for the fans, there were many more loyal to Kean than we'd all like to think.

If they're going to give him grief on Twitter then what do they expect? I can just about understand the logic someone thinking their entitled to air their opinion inside the ground when they've paid to be there. They do not have the right to just say whatever they want to the players on Twitter though, it's ridiculous.

How did that idiot think saying "gonna pass to a Rovers player on Saturday?" was going to help?

Strange comment.

If a player is not performing then the fans are absolutely right to 'harrass' them.

On Twitter though? Fair enough if someone thinks they're entitled to air their views in the ground when they've paid to be there, but I think it's overstepping the mark taking it to Twitter. Or at the very least, if they feel the need to take it to Twitter then they shouldn't complain if they get a response back that they don't like.

'That' Rovers fan has probably forgotten more games than you've attended LeChuck.

Don't doubt it all. Not sure it makes much difference though.

As you seem to know the person...why do you think they did it? What do you think they hoped to achieve?

Edited by LeChuck

• Backroom

But a lot fans like the open interaction that it allows. It'd be a bit of a shame if the few spoiled it for the many.

Most footballers don't reply to fans tweet anyway. They only tend to reply to the abusive ones so it's irrelevant anyway. If they still want to interact then they can accept a fan's follow request if they wish to. Surely setting it to private is a much easier option than leaving themselves open to public "abuse"? And let's face it, a lot of people are going to feel entitled to throw angry comments at somebody earning obscene amounts of money for kicking a ball of air around for 90 minutes a week.

Edited by DE4life

And let's face it, a lot of people are going to feel entitled to throw angry comments at somebody earning obscene amounts of money for kicking a ball of air around for 90 minutes a week.

But then they shouldn't start whinging about it if the player gets annoyed at what they say and reply angrily. It's cowardly. A phrase involving "cake" and "eat it" springs to mind.

• Backroom

I'll agree with that. Am not really defending the fan as such. If I had a go at somebody on twitter, regardless of who they were, I'd expect an angry response back. But at the same time I find it amusing when footballers whine about being harrassed on twitter. Set your account to private, only accept people you know or trust to follow you. Job done.