BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Website

Don't know why or when this took place, but it looks to me like further cut-backs, the layout is horrendous, it seems that no effort or money has gone in to it what so ever.

Wonder what reasoning they will use for this?

What was wrong with the old website, many clubs withing the football leagues use that format apart from the likes of United etc, who have their own personal website.

What a shambles.

don't go to the club website have'nt for a very long time, i avoid like the plague anything that is likely to have a photo of keans mug on it. If venkys could guarentee me they would remove all images of kean i would visit the site...........not even joking its an involuntary reponse to close websites or turn pages in a newspaper without reading anything as soon as i notice his creepy picture, a stomach churningly un-camera friendly face

Visited the website via my laptop and nothing has changed, however when I visited it via my mobile it appears the layout has changed - is it just the mobile version that has changed? In any case, Rovers (along with circa 60+ other clubs) are tied into a "long term" contract with the name of a company that escapes me who provide the template/skin for the website - so maybe its been a change introduced by the company rather than Rovers?

Having said that, the official website has been crap for years however short of buying themselves out of the contract (which IIRC would cost a LOT of money), there isn't a lot that can be done with the layout of the official site - hence IMO the introduction of the OneRovers website for retail and ticket sales.

Not defending the club, however just maybe it is something beyond their control...

The site is now an unusable mess on a mobile. Before the update there was a proper mobile version. Now it displays the normal version which takes an age to load properly. Hopefully it will be improved soon.

most clubs use the same format visited a couple and are just as bad

Most are made by Perform http://www.performgr...ballCaseStudies and the old sites were probably built to encourage subscription content.

New one currently looks bad. Although it'll probably function a whole lot better on mobile devices.

Best out there by a mile is Man City's by http://www.pokelondon.com/ and here's some guys blog that explains why http://www.epltalk.com/why-are-premier-league-club-websites-so-awful-15269

It looks better to me, using Chrome on a Laptop. I wonder what resolutions they Designed it for and Tested it on.

EDIT:

After playing around a bit more, a lot depends on the font sizes which you can change (in the user tools section). If I change this it can have a very bad effect. With text not visible, button layering problems etc...

I have to agree with Roy the site looks ghastly maybe someone who is going to sats Q & A with Shebby can bring it up agree the site is as bad as our manager.

I wonder what they will do next the onerovers site. I swear these owners are not happy they have destroyed our club now they obviously want to destroy everything else.

It's as bad as taking ages to sort out a sponsor.

I have to agree with Roy the site looks ghastly maybe someone who is going to sats Q & A with Shebby can bring it up agree the site is as bad as our manager.

I wonder what they will do next the onerovers site. I swear these owners are not happy they have destroyed our club now they obviously want to destroy everything else.

It's as bad as taking ages to sort out a sponsor.

Rovers don't have much control over the website (only the rovers related content on it), so there isn't much they can do about it. From memory they (like most other clubs) are tied into a very very long contract, but (like most clubs) got a truck load of money for it.

Archived