BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He must have some mental issues relating to self-delusion. 99% of other people would have decided to leave after messing it up so badly and going to work in an environment where thousands of people hate you. Not just vaguely dislike, but actually despise the fact you are there, alive and anywhere near them. I admit, I'd have admitted defeat a long time ago, probably after that last day against Wolves, but then I actually want to do well at something, and would quit if it was patently obvious I'd be crap. Hence why I've never tried to train to be a heart surgeon. Kean would be there plugging away, happily severing things thinking to himself "I nearly got it right. I'll just tell the Williams family their grandad would have lived if it was only a single bypass operation. The 43rd patient will be a success."

He must have some mental issues relating to self-delusion. 99% of other people would have decided to leave after messing it up so badly and going to work in an environment where thousands of people hate you. Not just vaguely dislike, but actually despise the fact you are there, alive and anywhere near them. I admit, I'd have admitted defeat a long time ago, probably after that last day against Wolves, but then I actually want to do well at something, and would quit if it was patently obvious I'd be crap. Hence why I've never tried to train to be a heart surgeon. Kean would be there plugging away, happily severing things thinking to himself "I nearly got it right. I'll just tell the Williams family their grandad would have lived if it was only a single bypass operation. The 43rd patient will be a success."

What was that, that Bill Shanly said?

Kean is the most divisive individual I have known of since Derek Dougan at Rovers.

50% of Rovers fans absolutely loathe his guts and are boycotting attending games.

50% of Rovers fans still go but think he is ###### useless.

you forgot the impercentable braddock

you forgot the impercentable braddock

Interesting new word :blink:

Back to Philips point, Kean doesn't divide the fanbase at all - everyone thinks he's rubbish and should go. The disagreement is over how to bring this about.

IMO, the term Keanites is classic McCarthyism: inventing a hate figure enemy to justify the position of the people bandying it around.

I still think he'll be gone by the end of Sept, unless we win all the games

Interesting new word :blink:

Back to Philips point, Kean doesn't divide the fanbase at all - everyone thinks he's rubbish and should go. The disagreement is over how to bring this about.

IMO, the term Keanites is classic McCarthyism: inventing a hate figure enemy to justify the position of the people bandying it around.

here is another for you coco and braddock are outrendous

:)

I preferred Impercentable as there was no telling what you meant!

A technical term used in industry when the margins/values are so small that they are not worthy of consideration,

kind of fits coco and braddock would you not say

A technical term used in industry when the margins/values are so small that they are not worthy of consideration,

kind of fits coco and braddock would you not say

Glad I left industry 9 years ago then if that's the kind of word being bandied around these days.

No I wouldn't actually as it's inappropriate in both cases: Braddock helps keep this board vaguely interesting so adds quite a bit, Kean destroys eveything in his path, nothing impercentable about him

Glad I left industry 9 years ago then if that's the kind of word being bandied around these days.

No I wouldn't actually as it's inappropriate in both cases: Braddock helps keep this board vaguely interesting so adds quite a bit, Kean destroys eveything in his path, nothing impercentable about him

learn quick you do

feel the force

Why do you think that? He has been allowed to spend a shedload of cash, brought in his 'Portuguese Dream Team' and we are second in the division. His position is growing stronger not weaker. Only way he will be sacked is if results bottom out and we end up mid table. Stay above eighth and he will stay imo.

If he was going to be sacked it would have happened over the summer. Only think that will get him now is poor results.

I think this division is so poor evidenced by the fact that we have 8 points when we have been so poor

Even Kean will get us out of this division and he will be rewarded with a spanking new 3 year contract.

This is what worries me. We have been dreadful so far this season, apart from 30 minutes today and yet we are in the promotion places with 8 points and looking good to any passer by. The level of the opposition has been poor, we haven't been much better and yet we are where are and if it were to continue like this and we got promoted, we'd never see the back of Kean. When we inevitably went down again, Kean could rightly argue that he was the man to get us promoted as he had done it before.

The only shred of hope is that he continues to do what he did and make bad tactical decisions which cost us points and league positions forcing the owners to act.

Steve Kean a manager? I wouldn't have him managing an Iceland.

Why do you think that? He has been allowed to spend a shedload of cash, brought in his 'Portuguese Dream Team' and we are second in the division. His position is growing stronger not weaker. Only way he will be sacked is if results bottom out and we end up mid table. Stay above eighth and he will stay imo.

If he was going to be sacked it would have happened over the summer. Only think that will get him now is poor results.

Just a feeling. Things are very different now to when him and Anderson were giving it large. I even think if Rhides doesn;t score ofr a few games he'll be gone

Archived