BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

Rodgers has done very well at Liverpool and got the best out of the players he inherited, but he has spent nearly £100 million at Liverpool and only really Sturridge and Countiho have been good signings and if Rodgers had done better with his funds in the market then Liverpool would have won the league.

He spent £10 million on Borini last season and he is now out on loan, they also bought Joe Allen last season for £15 million and for that sort of money they could have got a far better player than him.

This season they spent £7 million on Aspas and £7 million on Alberto who have not scored a league goal between them. They also spent £7 million on Illori who is out on loan now at Granada. They are terrible at the back despite signing Kolo Toure (on free but if his City wages are anything to go by he will be on big wages their) and spending £15 million on Sakho who has not been worth £5 million let alone 15. Then they loaned out Reina and paid £9 million for Mignolet who I think is not as god as Reina. And they have also brought in ineffective loan signings in Moses and Cissokho.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In context it's been a much improved season for Liverpool, but when they got on top, and then threw it away, it's only natural they'd be gutted!!

Have they got Stability ?

If my Facebook is anything to go by, some of the chicken counting by Liverpool fans almost makes it fitting that they might throw it away.

BmIzXYGIMAAdwDx.jpg

Some of the memes poking fun at them are pretty good too.

At last the (alleged) funniest Nation in the world has made me laugh.

The Gerrard stuff was the icing on the cake for me in not wanting them to win the league. The media seem to have completely erased the fact that Stevie Me tried and ultimately failed to orchestrate a move to Chelsea during Joses last stint as manager. So all this Liverpool through and through nonsense was just laughable.

The Gerrard stuff was the icing on the cake for me in not wanting them to win the league. The media seem to have completely erased the fact that Stevie Me tried and ultimately failed to orchestrate a move to Chelsea during Joses last stint as manager. So all this Liverpool through and through nonsense was just laughable.

Goldfish memories abound in football Gav.

Rodgers has done very well at Liverpool and got the best out of the players he inherited, but he has spent nearly £100 million at Liverpool and only really Sturridge and Countiho have been good signings and if Rodgers had done better with his funds in the market then Liverpool would have won the league.

He spent £10 million on Borini last season and he is now out on loan, they also bought Joe Allen last season for £15 million and for that sort of money they could have got a far better player than him.

This season they spent £7 million on Aspas and £7 million on Alberto who have not scored a league goal between them. They also spent £7 million on Illori who is out on loan now at Granada. They are terrible at the back despite signing Kolo Toure (on free but if his City wages are anything to go by he will be on big wages their) and spending £15 million on Sakho who has not been worth £5 million let alone 15. Then they loaned out Reina and paid £9 million for Mignolet who I think is not as god as Reina. And they have also brought in ineffective loan signings in Moses and Cissokho.

And when you add all that up, plus champions league games, is why Liverpool will be no where near as close to the title next year as they were this.

Has everybody forgotten the generous way that the Scousers applauded Rovers when we won the PL at Anfield and the way the City supporters invaded Ewood when they were promoted?

Personally I would have much rather have seen Liverpool as champions than City. Odious bunch the City supporters.

You mean what we used to be like.

Makes me weep to hear Stoke mates of mine go on about how great Hughes is and about all of the records they've broken this season because of him.

Mm, I agree. Steve Nzonzi's not done too bad there either.

And yet there was a lot on here who wanted rid because he had a bad attitude.....(allegedly)

• Backroom

In retrospect leaving Fulham probably wasn't a bad move by Hughes, though at the time it seemed that way. There was no question for me that he was going to do well at Stoke, as Gordon says they are very much like ourselves in the mid 00's. If a job promising more money becomes available though...

Mm, I agree. Steve Nzonzi's not done too bad there either.

I think i can hear a number of the less knowledgeable but more vindictive amongst our number grinding their teeth at that comment. Many thought N'zonzi wasn't good enough for us remember? Oh and he smacked coco in the gob too... Allegedly. If we could have kept him he'd be the natural choice for captain for me. People who say his temperament was suspect need to consider Roy keanes captaincy at man utd.

In his first season he was OK but never really dominated games in my opinion, he just exceeded low expectations.

In the following 2 seasons he was terrible, always stropping and going missing.

Funny how he can do it now under a quality manager! Don't understand why but you let your opinion blind you to his abilities.

I think i can hear a number of the less knowledgeable but more vindictive amongst our number grinding their teeth at that comment. Many thought N'zonzi wasn't good enough for us remember? Oh and he smacked coco in the gob too... Allegedly. If we could have kept him he'd be the natural choice for captain for me. People who say his temperament was suspect need to consider Roy keanes captaincy at man utd.

Funny how he can do it now under a quality manager! Don't understand why but you let your opinion blind you to his abilities.

Regardless of Steve Kean, Nzonzis performances in the run up that season, Fulham Swansea and WBA I think (long time ago) left a bad taste in the mouth for me.

He was a talent, another scoop by rovers scouts-league 2 French league! When he left us it was as if we owed him not vice versa. Obviously playing for the fat bald moron can't have been pleasant but he effectively gave up on the club.

For that, regardless of his ability- he ain't welcome at this club in my eyes. Another who went to the press to find a way to any club who would pay what we wanted- shows a distinct lack of ambition as a footballer to me- similarly to Martin Olsson- funny how he's back at our level!

Also the comparison is ridiculous. Roy Keane was a nasty bugger, didn't take any nonsense and lacked class as in technique and humanity. Nzonzi has nowhere near the evil streak, and often came across as a petulant spoilt brat. Nzonzi never a captain in my eyes, and the way Roy left Man united was rather acrimonious considering he was a "legend"

If the "lamped Steve Kean" story was true, then he at least contributed in one way that final season. When we lacked leadership and expertise, the last thing we needed was quality players downing tools.

Archived